Euro Soccer 2013-2014 season (SPOILERS)

This game coming up with Liverpool and Chelsea, a tie would be OK. I think Chelsea is going to be there at the end so if one team wins, I hope it's Liverpool. They are going to fall off as the season goes on I think.

I didn't realize it was on so early or I would have recorded it. They are having a good year for sure. Nice to see a good race for the title this year.

I was only able to see the last 25 minutes - Newcastle was relentless, but just couldn't get the ball in the net.

Well that was a quick goal by Skrtel. What a mean looking guy.

What a nice goal by Hazard as Chelsea ties it up. Good game at Stamford Bridge today.

Don't look now but United has won their last four games (of course they beat the 13th, 19th, 10th and 14th place teams).

And Chelsea goes up 2-1.

Suarez should have a pool around him as much as he dives.

Suarez should have a pool around him as much as he dives.

ain't that the truth, seems like he is asking for a penalty before he even gets touhed

So, Liverpool top of the league at Christmas. The last 4 teams to top the league at Christmas have gone on to be crowned champions. The last team to top at Christmas and not go on to win......... Liverpool LOL

Top at Christmas, fourth after Boxing Day and fifth place four days after Christmas. Top three teams separated by two points. Exciting first half of the season!

Still wish Liverpool would have won this game.

Euro Soccer 2013-2014 season (SPOILERS)

You guys sound like folks talking about mlb teams. The rich get richer and the rest suffer.

First everyone wants to topple ManU now it's any team with the means to buy good talent.

I think in a few years most of the premier league teams will have deep pockets. Then they will start picking American soccer a stars and the us team will fall south.

The difference is Man U have always have a pedigree of producing talent. Sure they are big spenders too, but they have produced some of England's biggest talents. Chelsea had been a mediocre team for god knows how long before Abromovich came along, Man City weren't even an established Premier league team. Both teams, much like Blackburn did a few years ago, ploughed obscene amounts of money into their teams and changed overnight into title winning teams. Theres little chance of home grown talent coming through (including a manager where they a kicked out after a season on the whim of the owner). I'm not a United fan, but you have to respect what they've done. Teams that buy the title, I have little respect for (although of course they are still fantastic to watch).

Top at Christmas, fourth after Boxing Day and fifth place four days after Christmas. Top three teams separated by two points. Exciting first half of the season!

I don't think they will secure a top 4 place. Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U in that order is my prediction.

I don't think they will secure a top 4 place. Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U in that order is my prediction.

ManU better start beating some teams in the top half of the table again.

ManU better start beating some teams in the top half of the table again.

Yeah. They've performed fairly well in Europe so far, and have managed to get a bit of a confidence boosting run together. They are only 3 points off the final CL spot. Off the teams that'll probably be fighting over that 4th spot, I just see United doing it.

EPL TV and Internet Viewing Schedule
All times Eastern.

Note: All matches shown on NBC, NBC Sports Network, and Premier League Extra Time will also be shown live on NBC Sports Live Extra..

Wednesday, January 1:

• Swansea City vs Manchester City, 7:45am, NBC Sports Network
  • Southampton vs Chelsea, 10am, NBCSN
  • Arsenal vs Cardiff, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
  • Crystal Palace vs Norwich, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
  • Fulham vs West Ham, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
  • Liverpool vs Hull, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
  • Stoke vs Everton, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
  • Sunderland vs Aston Villa, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
  • West Brom vs Newcastle, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
  • Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur, 12:30pm, NBCSN

Looking at the schedule, the top teams should have a pretty easy first day of 2013. That said, since City is playing Swansea City (11th place), a letdown loss is always a possiblility!

Nice to see that the new Tottenham manager has finally let Adebayor return from exile.

Definitely easier to pull off now. AVB was playing a 1-man striker, and had too many options for that role. Now that Sherwood is playing a 2-man striker (and seems to be pushing a mid and/or wing to an attacking position often), there are opportunities for more players, including Adebeyor. The last match seemed like a good offense for that match. In Adebeyor, we had a sit-accept-turn-shoot fwd, and with Soldado/Eriksen we had a making-runs fwd. Then Paulinho often moved forward an incredible amount.

1-1 at the half. City scored early, but Swansea was more aggressive the last 25 minutes or so and finally score in stoppage time.

Damn, City is all over goal and finally scores in the 58th. Toure continues his excellent season.

City wins this one, 3-2. They add a goal by Hawk Kolarov shortly after Toure's goal. And Swansea gets one in stoppage time.

Milner gets a late yellow for kicking the ball away. Use your head dude. You do it to waste time, but the ref is going to add more time on, plus you got a stupid yellow.

Back to top of the table, if only for a few minutes.

And dangit, Arsenal is up 1-0 in stoppage time!

whoops, 2-0!

Top four in the table took care of business today. (Fifth place Everton draws) United and Tottenham need to win to keep pace. I am a Tottenham fan today, but a draw would be ok.

Rooney back on the pitch today.

Tottenham up 1-0 over United at Old Trafford. Keep it up Spurs!

2-0 Tottenham! Love it!

Whoops, 2-1!

Back