Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
I had my golf lesson on putting over the weekend, but it seems like I need more practice with this. It seems that I don't swing my putter straight, but yet the ball still manages to find its way to the cup. Everyone that watches me putt says that I swing across my body, but to me it doesn't seem like it. But when I look at the putter head after it hits the ball, sure enough, its not straight haa haa, are there drills to help prevent this?

I had my golf lesson on putting over the weekend, but it seems like I need more practice with this. It seems that I don't swing my putter straight, but yet the ball still manages to find its way to the cup. Everyone that watches me putt says that I swing across my body, but to me it doesn't seem like it. But when I look at the putter head after it hits the ball, sure enough, its not straight haa haa, are there drills to help prevent this?
the ball finds it's way to the cup.This is a problem?Wish I had it.:D

One of the best drills to get the feel of a more straight back straight through putting strokes will also help you keep the face square. Place to clubs on the ground parallel to each other and just wide enough so your putter head fits between them. Practice putting moving your putter back and through without touching the 2 clubs on the ground. You will get the feel pretty quick of the motion as well as how to keep the putter face square. Let me know how this goes and if there is more that I can do to help.

A drill that is pretty easy to do and could be helpful is the "push drill". Just place the putthead behind the ball (touching the ball) and push it at the target (don't hit it - just push). If you want a "straight back - straight through" putting stroke, this drill will help to enforce that.

dave

A drill that is pretty easy to do and could be helpful is the "push drill". Just place the putthead behind the ball (touching the ball) and push it at the target (don't hit it - just push). If you want a "straight back - straight through" putting stroke, this drill will help to enforce that.

dave

Interesting...thanks for the suggestion :good:

the ball finds it's way to the cup.This is a problem?Wish I had it.:D

Its obviously pure luck on my part and no skill whatsoever haa haa :D

Back