SuperStroke grips and putter wells

baldguy

Part-Time Sasquatch
Reaction score
Handicap
15.3 GHIN
I really want to get a SuperStroke Fatso grip, but I'm pretty sure it won't fit in the putter well on my Sun Mountain C-130. I'd be happy with one of their other oversize grips if it will fit. Does anyone use this bag and a SuperStroke putter grip? If so, what size were you able to use?

Thanks!

I have the c130 and a mid-slim 2.0 on my seemore. It does fit in there, but does get stuck coming out now and then. I got frustrated mid round a couple rounds ago, so just switched putters and haven't tried to get the seemore out since. I should probably look into it more and see if there's any way to help keep it from getting stuck, as it is very frustrating and sometimes takes some time to get it out.

I really want to get a SuperStroke Fatso grip, but I'm pretty sure it won't fit in the putter well on my Sun Mountain C-130. I'd be happy with one of their other oversize grips if it will fit. Does anyone use this bag and a SuperStroke putter grip? If so, what size were you able to use?

Thanks!

my dad has a fatso on his putter, and it is a bit tricky to get into his sun mountain cart bag. you have to turn the grip so the flat side is facing you so it makes the grip a bit thinner so you can pull it out.. kinda weird.

have you considered getting a 3.0 grip? I absolutely love mine...

I don't have any problems with my 3.0 but anything larger and I'm not sure it would work very well.

i use a 1.0 super stroke i wanted to try something different like you and it was the best decision i ever made with grips takes a bit to get use to so spend some time on the putting green getting use to it but in the end it will ultimately be the best choice you will make with a putter grip

Thanks!

Hey Big Guy. Before my Cobra bag I was using a C-130 bag like you. . My fatso was no problem for the putter well.

my dad has a fatso on his putter, and it is a bit tricky to get into his sun mountain cart bag. you have to turn the grip so the flat side is facing you so it makes the grip a bit thinner so you can pull it out.. kinda weird.

have you considered getting a 3.0 grip? I absolutely love mine...

I'm open to whatever I can fit in the putter well. I picked up some cheap funky putters from the bay, all with non-fatso superstrokes on them. I like the size of the 85 (1.0 I think?) which is now the 1.3. It fits without a problem. It doesn't have the texture of the newer models, though. I'll see what I can snag once all the golf shops open back up :)

thanks for the replies, everyone. THPers never let me down!

To bad ya missed the Edwin Watts sell. I picked up 2 fatso for $14.50ea

that sale isn't over. They just moved all the inventory from the closing stores to more central locations. For DFW, all that stuff is now at the Dallas store. and grips are 40% off... Guess where I'm going thursday ;)

I have a Sun Mountain C-130 and had no problem fitting a Fatso in it. I wonder if it varies depending on the model year of the C-130. I bought mine this summer, so it is a 2013 bag. It doesn't really have any problem fitting, but the fatter Superstroke grips have sort of a ledge on them (i.e., they are not tapered at the bottom of the grip), and sometimes the ledge can get caught on the ledge on the inside of the putter well if the bag is oriented a certain way or if you try to pull it out very quickly. But this is not really a fit issue.

Don't know what year mine is. '13 or '12

Back