Any Wii users here?

Am I the only person left in the world who doesn't play video games?!?!

Yes, im pretty sure you are.
At least we didn't have to blow on the CD to get it to work. :D
Or turn it off and then on and then off and then on over and over until the blue screen goes away and the picture comes up.

I had a fishing game that was pretty awesome for it Dyna but my Nephew stole it. You would get arm pump from reeling so much.

Picked up another controller tonight as well as Wii Sports Resort & MarioKart. Haven't played them yet as these damn kidney stones are really starting to flare up.

Spent an hr or so playing the Sports resort game, the sword fighting is a lot better than I would have guessed it would be. The golf is neat because you can actually hook or slice the ball if you twist your wrists.

Is it a real pain if two people are playing a "take turns"game but there is only one controller?

Is it a real pain if two people are playing a "take turns"game but there is only one controller?

Not a real pain. If you use the strap, it takes a few more seconds, but not a big deal.

My parents have a Wii so I'll play with them when I visit. Other than that - I never play.

wii bowling kills it, i love it,

TW10 is crazy good too, i've got a 360 also but the wii is much better unless you like to shoot things. eg Modern Warfare 2 etc. or play NBA/2K10

:blob:

My wife has never gotten into video games for whatever reason, however she is digging the Wii. We spent 2 hrs playing earlier, she really likes the bowling, the airplane mode & frisbee on Sports Resort.

My wife has never gotten into video games for whatever reason, however she is digging the Wii. We spent 2 hrs playing earlier, she really likes the bowling, the airplane mode & frisbee on Sports Resort.

My wife and I enjoy the dog frisbee game. Good fun. The archery is fun too. The canoeing/ game can really wear you out though, especially if you go in circles :smile:

Re: Any Wii users here?

i think I remember playing the archery game.....and I am pretty sure i sucked.

but it's a blur. a late night kind of blur.

We've played Wii a few times. Its ok. The exercise one is really cute, but the baseball one, you can only hit. It'd be play the outfield as well, but the bowling one is awesome. I've lost the controller a few times haa haa :D

We've played Wii a few times. Its ok. The exercise one is really cute, but the baseball one, you can only hit. It'd be play the outfield as well, but the bowling one is awesome. I've lost the controller a few times haa haa :D

On Wii Sports, you get to be the pitcher as well. Not that I play it all that often.

Picked up another controller tonight as well as Wii Sports Resort & MarioKart. Haven't played them yet as these damn kidney stones are really starting to flare up.

My dad gets kidney stones, I HATE THAT FOR YOU!! I know what kind of pain you must be in. He has learned to drink a beer every night right before bed. Plus it gives ou an excuse to drink more beer:blob:

On Wii Sports, you get to be the pitcher as well. Not that I play it all that often.

I probably didn't play it that much to figure it out!! haa haa

I haven't really found this info anywhere: does the Wii hook up to the TV with HDMI or only Component Cables?

There are two different cables for the Wii. The default cable shipped with the console is the 3 prong A/V cable (yellow, red, white). The Wii's resolution with that cable is 480i.

The optional cable, which I recommend for all HDTV owners out there, is the 5 prong component cable (red, green, blue, red, white). The Wii's resolution can then be changed to 480p.

The component cable allows for a much smoother (less blurry) image.

There currently is no HDMI for the Wii, and the Wii can only display up to 480p resolution.

Thanks sacul. I'll get another set of component cables.

Thanks sacul. I'll get another set of component cables.

Smallie, you have to buy a special component cable since the end that goes into the Wii is proprietary:

blazecomponent.jpg

Thanks, bonk, I'll get this one from Monoprice. They say it's for the Wii (and it's only 4 bucks plus ship):

56891.jpg

I'm going to get the cables, a charging cradle with two battery packs and a skin for the controller for $18, shipped from monoprice.

By the way, I just picked up the Wii and Wii Fit Plus!

I'm going to get the cables, a charging cradle with two battery packs and a skin for the controller for $18, shipped from monoprice.

What a great price for all that! I need to visit monoprice's site...

What a great price for all that! I need to visit monoprice's site...

I buy all my cables there. HDMI, component, etc. I didn't realize they had the stuff for the Wii, but I never had any reason to check before!

Has anyone notice that the Wii is completely sold out in stores? I have one, but my friend was looking for one and we cant find one within 60 miles of us...

Has anyone notice that the Wii is completely sold out in stores? I have one, but my friend was looking for one and we cant find one within 60 miles of us...

I ordered mine for pickup at the store today (Best Buy). Only one store around my area had it (out of 5 stores, didn't check in Missouri). Just went in, picked it up and left. Plus I has an $80 gift card from when I bought my VCR-DVD Recorder so I got the Wii and Wii Fit Plus for $242 total. Plus another $18 for the stuff I just ordered.

Seems like Wal Mart has them weekly but they don't last long.

When I went looking for the controller the other day there were only stores that had any, 1 walmart on the westside & I had already checked out 3 others as well as 3 Targets & a Toys R Us. Best Buy was the other place that had controllers. Nobody had any of the systems & the only place I was able to find the Wii Fit + was at the newest Target store in Sun Prairie, I didn't buy it though.

Another game I had a hell of a time finding was Mario Kart with the steering wheel. It's almost as if Nintendo is intentionally slowing up shipments to increase the "gotta have it fever", much like the Cabbage Baby craze from years ago.

Back