Courses suggestions near downtown Jax?

bwd2

Reaction score
Handicap
I am staying in downtown Jacksonville this weekend and was hoping to get a round in each day. I do not plan on renting a car so I was hoping to find a course or two within close distance to downtown so I can just grab a cab. Any suggestions? I typically stay out in Ponte Vedra area so I am unfamiliar with the downtown courses.

Thanks for the help!

I can't recommend anything near downtown. There's a first tee course north of downtown, but it's in a scary area. The closest decent course would, I think, be Hyde Park. It's an older course from the 30s I think. Short but fun.

Downtown doesn't have any good options. Closest course is Hyde Park. Pretty historic, but not in very good condition anymore. Closest decent track is probably Windsor Parke off JTB. Two private clubs are close but need a member to get you on, San Jose and Timuquana.

There is a nine hole course north east of downtown called Blue Cypress, do not recommend but probably the closet. A little further out, there is Bent Creek on the westside of town. That is a fun golf course.

Thanks for the help guys. I may just head out to the trusty Ponte Vedra Inn or maybe try Amelia Island for the first time. My thought was to stay downtown and closer to the airport for convenience, but it sounds like I would be doing just as much driving if not more. Thanks again!

Fernandina/Amelia Island has some great options and is not far from the airport at all.

All the good courses are in the suburbs. I like the Amelia island idea.

I've played Windsor Parke the last time I was down to see my parents. I like it. Fairly nice course. Interesting layout to the back nine versus the front nine. Probably will play it again when I'm back down in March.

Let us know when you're down here!

Will do. Buts its usually pretty hard for me to go do anything on my own since I don't have a car there and I try to do add much as I can with my parents since I'm only there a short time.

Local THPers have cars. Just sayin' :)

It's like Enterprise - we'll pick you up.

Thanks for all the input guys. I decided on the Ponte Vedra Inn and will check out Amelia Island next time. Now hopefully the weather holds up.

Back