if I hadn't found the amp cell I'd still be happily gaming my R1. it's a great driver. I still have mine in case I somehow damage my amp cell. The white one, with the graphics... I like them just fine.

I love my Nike covert driver (2013 model) and I am looking forward to buying the newest version as I have dented the face. The price is very reasonable for a new driver ($299) when it releases later this month.

As to why I think the TaylorMade driver isn't the way to go, is just because it doesn't feel right to me. You should definitely go out and get fitted and try out drivers. Everyone is different and you need to take that into consideration (aka not just following the band wagon...)

I broke out the R1 yesterday and after the way it treated it I think I might have to put it up for sale on here haha...

As a golfer who has played all three, go with the R1, there are many to be had at great prices now. I still play the R11 but it's not very forgiving compared to the R11s and R1, I got fit for the R1 and had a nice high ball flight, but it wasn't the best driver for me (Cobra fitter did a great job with the amp cell for me instead).

Back