Muscle Shoals, AL golf gathering 2/21-2/23

Looks like a coin flip between Memphis, Birmingham, and Nashville. I would look to play Friday and Saturday and fly back to Baltimore for work Sunday night.

Randy - If you could get into Huntsville, that is the closest airport by far to the Shoals area. Nashville and Memphis airports are almost equidistant and probably a 2 1/2 hour drive.

Randy - If you could get into Huntsville, that is the closest airport by far to the Shoals area. Nashville and Memphis airports are almost equidistant and probably a 2 1/2 hour drive.

It would be Nashville. I don't mind a drive.

I will know this weekend when I check the work calendar.

I will have the BioCell 6 iron with me also, if anyone wants to get some swings in with it.

This is going to be a great weekend!

Come join us!

FWIW....the memphis airport will be your most Expensive option. The flights in and out of here are crazy high.

Mike, you figured out when your going down yet?
Bart decide yet?

I will be ready for 36 somewhere on Friday. I figure 36 Saturday on the Schoolmaster&Fighting joe courses, then probably a round before heading back to Michigan!

I can't wait!

I'm calling the courses here shortly!

FWIW....the memphis airport will be your most Expensive option. The flights in and out of here are crazy high.

I fly free. Its the only way I can go to these things.

I fly free. Its the only way I can go to these things.

When are you looking to arrive and leave? Might be able to hitch a ride with some of the Memphis guys. I'm driving down Fri morning and back Sun but few others are coming back Sat night. Let me know if ya need a lift

Tazz
@bigtazzGOLF

I confirmed today what I was afraid of, I wouldn't be able to get away until Friday afternoon so I am going to have to skip this one. You guys have fun though, I'll be following along through this thread.

When are you looking to arrive and leave? Might be able to hitch a ride with some of the Memphis guys. I'm driving down Fri morning and back Sun but few others are coming back Sat night. Let me know if ya need a lift

Tazz
@bigtazzGOLF

Thanks but I will be going into Nashville if I come. Better flight options and car rentals are dirt cheap.

Gotcha, will see ya in da shoals then

Tazz
@bigtazzGOLF

Thanks Smalls!

Date updated in title

Rageshadow may be in!

Hey Georgia fellas! Looking at you!

It's a short trip!

Gonna be a blast folks. Day trippers welcome too. Looking forward to this!

Hi guys...I'm not a good player, but I'd love to meet some folks and play. Not sure if you have space left, but if you don't mind playing with a duffer and there is room still, let me know. I live about 15 min from the Nashville airport, and Huntsville is about 100 miles from here, so I'd be driving down to play a round. Also I'd be happy to drive anyone down who wants to fly into Nashville.

My issue is that I work thu-sun overnights, so I'd be taking a night off and driving down for a day...two at most. But apart from that I'm happy to help someone get down there for sure.

I will be ready for 36 somewhere on Friday. I figure 36 Saturday on the Schoolmaster&Fighting joe courses, then probably a round before heading back to Michigan!

I can't wait!

Ya this looks a lot like what I'd be able to do as well.

EDIT: just thinking of my schedule...I finish my last shift of the week at 7am ct on Monday morning, and don't have to work again until thu at 9pm ct. If I took thu and fri off, I could play on thu, fri, and saturday morning, then drive home saturday afternoon (it's only a couple hours for me). So, if you still have space, and anyone wants to get there in time to play Thu as well, I'm in!

Last edited:
Hi guys...I'm not a good player, but I'd love to meet some folks and play. Not sure if you have space left, .

Awesome! Look forward to meeting you as well!

There's always space!

Is there anyone els pondering joining us?

Ya this looks a lot like what I'd be able to do as well.

EDIT: just thinking of my schedule...I finish my last shift of the week at 7am ct on Monday morning, and don't have to work again until thu at 9pm ct. If I took thu and fri off, I could play on thu, fri, and saturday morning, then drive home saturday afternoon (it's only a couple hours for me). So, if you still have space, and anyone wants to get there in time to play Thu as well, I'm in!

Would love to have you.

CJ - I talked with RCGreen today when we played and he is still in.

Gonna be a blast guys! Anyone else?
pJM

Talked to Jim today at the course, he won't be able to make it.

Blackberry trail, cypress lakes

I think right now the plan is playing fighting joe, and schoolmaster courses on Saturday in muscle shoals for the $88/day unlimited golf winter deal. Which is unlimited range time and golf.

Some of us are planning on getting in on Friday for golf, and possibility of a Sunday round also.
Blackberry trail, and Cypress lakes were some suggestions.
I hope this info helps.

I can't wait!

Slice, call courses yet to warn them of us lol?
Which course will the Fri Morning/afternoon rounds be set up for?

Hotel booked....I'm ready for this lil trip.

Back