The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, although to be fair, last time he was an OC with a team, their offense seemed to do okay.

This is true. But, the last time Kiffen was OC, a lot of play calls were, "Hey, let's give Reggie Bush the ball and see what happens."

:act-up:College football wish list.. A 12 team tournament instead of 4 next season., Notre Dame to win national championship..and Alabama be investigated for recruiting and grade violations

easy Lou, I like the idea of a larger tourny though. Something like top 10, 1st and 2nd ranked teams get a first round bye. Then go 8-4-2-1 from there.

Kiffen is a recruiting guru, (I hate his guts still) I can see that being the top reason for his hiring. Or he's way to good at interviews, he's an awful head coach

You hate seeing that from kids with so much potential, not a lot of em come back from going down that road.
Michael Dyer seemed to do... nevermind.

For UGA fans this is really more a HHJJ but it is being reported on twitter that Todd Grantham is leaving for Louisville. Oh yeah!

Just spotted this one too
http://espn.go.com/college-football...-todd-grantham-georgia-bulldogs-dc?src=mobile

I was just about to message ya DD!! 1st prerequisite is someone that can teach tackling

KG

Just Tapping Away

For UGA fans this is really more a HHJJ but it is being reported on twitter that Todd Grantham is leaving for Louisville. Oh yeah!

http://espn.go.com/college-football...-todd-grantham-georgia-bulldogs-dc?src=mobile

What is this? I don't even...

Thank goodness!!! Now if only Erk Russell was around :crying:

Thank goodness!!! Now if only Erk Russell was around :crying:

It is a start, wish we could find someone like Erk again but just like Ole Gray, there is only one.

What is this? I don't even...

I really think it means we might get a better defensive coordinator maybe not with X's & O's but better for UGA. Something between CTG and either CMR, the other coaches or the players even, was just not there. We have way too much talent to have had the complete meltdowns we experienced this past year on that side of the ball IMO

UGA had too good of personnel the last few years for some of the numbers they put up. Never thought Grantham's system was set around the players he had. This is a move a lot of UGA fans wanted. Should be good for them to get Grantham out.

I really think it means we might get a better defensive coordinator maybe not with X's & O's but better for UGA. Something between CTG and either CMR, the other coaches or the players even, was just not there. We have way too much talent to have had the complete meltdowns we experienced this past year on that side of the ball IMO

Completely agree.

I'm just not sure how Grantham lands a $1Million job after the last two seasons at UGA.

Not in the least bit sad to see Grantham gone. Hope that they can get someone in there that can get more out of the talent that the Dawgs have.

Another annoying Tapatalk signature!!

Wait, I thought Mike Bobo was the problem?

Wait, I thought Mike Bobo was the problem?

He's just the problem when there's no Gurshall.

Grantham's defenses were a garbage fire, including last year's campaign that had an awful lot of NFL players on it. Just no excuse for that.

Completely agree.

I'm just not sure how Grantham lands a $1Million job after the last two seasons at UGA.

Petrino, 'nuff said.

I was in Dick's putting around and they had the BCSNCG on TV. I had to leave.

I keep reading where Petrino has been humbled and is a new man, but nothing smacks of arrogance like hiring a DC for $1M that coached a defense that gave up 30 points a game last year. He better hope he averages 50+ points a game next year or he'll be losing sleep on Sundays.

That Kirby Smart to UGA rumor is picking up steam. I'd be pretty surprised if it happened.

That Kirby Smart to UGA rumor is picking up steam. I'd be pretty surprised if it happened.

I'd be shocked. After the dance Smart and UGA did in 2010, I can't see it happening. Jeremy Pruitt's name is gaining traction in some circles. Will be curious to see who it is.

I'd be shocked. After the dance Smart and UGA did in 2010, I can't see it happening. Jeremy Pruitt's name is gaining traction in some circles. Will be curious to see who it is.

I don't know why, but I'd be more shocked if Pruitt left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back