I'm NOT a COMMUNIST!!! (Weird food habits..)

When France decided no to support Operation Iraqi Freedom, some Mericans decided to stop using the word "French" to describe fried foods.

......please tell me thats a joke? That is by far one of the most salty, petty things I have ever heard.

They shouldve named it Operation Iraqi Liberty anyway.

......please tell me thats a joke? That is by far one of the most salty, petty things I have ever heard.

They shouldve named it Operation Iraqi Liberty anyway.

I am not joking.

#merica

I don't like runny egg yolks. I know that's the current trend with eggs, but I think it's gross.

I don't eat a lot of red meat. Not a socially conscious thing, just a health thing. I'll eat a steak every now and again. I will hardly ever eat ground beef unless I trust the place where I get it from. Too many bad things exist in bad ground meat.

Butter on pancakes is the norm up here. I am one who doesn't subscribe to that notion however.

After having pancakes for supper on Friday, yeah I love me a breakfast for supper, I came to the realization that I don't like syrup on them either. I prefer my syrup on the side, so I can dip. I find butter and syrup change the texture of the pancake too much for me. I like a firmer texture, and find adding the extras on top just make them too soggy for my liking.

I don't like runny egg yolks. I know that's the current trend with eggs, but I think it's gross.

I don't eat a lot of red meat. Not a socially conscious thing, just a health thing. I'll eat a steak every now and again. I will hardly ever eat ground beef unless I trust the place where I get it from. Too many bad things exist in bad ground meat.

I didn't know runny eggs were trendy, but you're not alone. I've been eating them for almost 40 years, but I know a ton of people that won't touch them.

And on your earlier post, yes, bread and butter pickles are great!

Mmm, I love pancakes with peanut butter and syrup but as Smalls said the syrup has to be warm!

My biggest oddity it that I only eat one thing at a time in order of least favorite to most favorite.

My biggest oddity it that I only eat one thing at a time in order of least favorite to most favorite.

Ha I do the same thing!

By the way, most everything tastes better with a fried egg on top. Pizza and burgers especially.

I will eat almost anything except okra (snot filled bundles of goo? No thanks), Bitter Melon (zucchini like things that have lumps that resemble acne and taste only of bitter resentment? No thanks), and possibly one or two other rare items.

I'm very particular about my burger prep - sauces must be stacked in a complimenting fashion as well as toppings (ketchup goes on the tomato side, relish/mustard goes on the pickle side).

I like putting peanut butter in my ramen (makes the broth thicker and smoother) as well as basically everything else (whipped eggs, green onion, many sauces, peas, broccoli, cauliflower).

I can't stand it when people put barbecue sauce on my roasts or steaks, I basically want to pick up the piece of meat and slap them in the face with it since it's such an offence to the great cow that gave its life :blob:

Hot dogs are great for basically putting everything on.

I hate bread, particularly in sandwiches unless it's subway bread or something like that. I can't handle it when bread gums to my teeth when you're chewing. Yet I eat a sandwich every single day at work. On the other hand, nothing beats white toast with real butter..

I hate rice, I call it ditch grain. I'm half chinese and people can't fathom that I hate rice. I just think it's super boring and tasteless and basically needs to be floating in chinese brown or red sauce to make it enjoyable. People who enjoy their rice with just butter are incredibly weird in my books and need to find some more excitement in their lives.

I also think people who eat hamburgers as salsbury steak are weird (my parents) and are wasting a perfectly good opportunity to make a good burger.

I SMOTHER my pancakes in butter and syrup. If my pancakes aren't swimming, they need to be.

My other food habits:
I hate tomatoes, love pizza sauce, spaghetti sauce and ketchup.
Hate onions, love onion rings
Hate mayo and not a fan of sour cream, love ranch dressing
I won't eat an orange to save my life, but orange juice is the greatest

And the icing on the cake, I eat pizza rolls like nobody you've ever seen. First, they get dipped in ranch dressing, then I bite the end off, suck/push all the filling out and eat it, and then re-dip the rest in ranch, and eat it. Find anyone who eats pizza rolls like me, because your probably won't

Pepper on ice-cream?? Yep, some of my gf's relatives put regular table pepper on ice-cream, they claim it stops the brain freeze.

I pretty much put Tabasco on everything...except pancakes

It's gotta be Mayo. Miracle Whip is just wrong.

My wife does not eat fruit, except in berry form. (especially pineapple. Why? Because it is the most disgusting of all fruits)

As a result of eating a lot of poorly cooked seafood as a child, I only eat seafood now is if it is battered and deep fried.

By the way, most everything tastes better with a fried egg on top. Pizza and burgers especially.

Fried egg on pizza? Interesting...it is great on a burger for sure!

WOW.. I got some weird freinds!! :p:D

From being in the military for so many years and traveling to some crazy places, I'll pretty much eat anything except liver and Brussels Sprouts. I once ate some meat off a rotisserie placed into a hot dog bun from a street vendor in Kuwait City. I have no idea what it was and the guys thought I was crazy, but it was good, so I got a 2nd one.

I absolutely HATE brussel sprouts!
A couple of my favourite sandwich fillers are, peanut butter and golden syrup, and I really really like apricot jam and tasty cheddar cheese. Speaking of which, it's lunch time............................

From being in the military for so many years and traveling to some crazy places, I'll pretty much eat anything except liver and Brussels Sprouts. I once ate some meat off a rotisserie placed into a hot dog bun from a street vendor in Kuwait City. I have no idea what it was and the guys thought I was crazy, but it was good, so I got a 2nd one.

Did the street vendor thing when I was in Istanbul. Let's just say the 8hr bus ride into Bulgaria with no stops was no fun at all. Did the same thing in Serbia.... sometimes I'm a bit slow

Don't like tomato on subs or sandwiches but will order it with, take them off and eat them first.
Only thing I put ketchup on is a hamburger.
Have a glass of milk with everything I eat.

I'm not as bad as I used to be but I section off my food and eat it one thing at a time. So on Thanksgiving if I have a plate of turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and green bean casserole I have to eat each item in its entirety until I move on to the next.

I don't necessarily section them off to isolate them, but I do eat one thing before moving on to the next. That said, there is very little I won't eat ( except internal organs like liver, heart, etc, it makes me retch but I do like chicken gizzards which technically are muscle meat) and if you ever meet me in person, you'll believe it too.

Last edited:
I wont eat jello or take jello shots. As a kid I was scared of it because it moved and to this day it is still in my mind. Plus the texture creeps me out.

I wont eat jello or take jello shots. As a kid I was scared of it because it moved and to this day it is still in my mind. Plus the texture creeps me out.

Add a ton of marshmallows to the Jell-O. It changes everything!

Where do I start?

Unless it can't be avoided, like someone else plating my food at a restaurant, different items can't be touching and they have to be eaten one at a time.
M&Ms are eaten two at a time and can't be the same color, same with gummi bears.
If a gummi bear isn't Haribo brand, it isn't getting eaten.
I get the same sandwich at Jimmy Johns and will not change until its no longer offereed. Bootlegger with bacon, light lettuce, light oil and vinegar. $8.06.
If a glass or cup has a log on it, it faces to my left side.
Tyson chicken nuggets are eaten in three bites, Bagel Bites in two.
Steak is consumed entirely, then baked potato.
The center most point of a steak is saved to be the last bite.
Thanksgiving dinner is turkey, then mashed potatoes, then stuffing. No mixing and the fork is licked clean before the next item is started. If corn caserole is available, its eaten last.
PB&J sandwiches are made and plated with peanut butter on the bottom and jelly on top, but eaten in opposite fashion.
Wrapped subs (Firehouse, JJs, Publix, etc.) are unwrapped then the paper is folded in half and spun so the fold is facing me, and the sub is placed so that the cut side of the bread is facing me. Right half is eaten first. Generally the same wrapper folding scenario with burgers and such, but the burger is spun so that any condiments on the outside of the bun are eaten first to lessen chances of said leaky condiments getting on my hands.

That's all that's coming to me right now, I'm sure my wife could tell you more.

Back