DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won the Thanksgiving Contest and got this.....

ygetanan.jpg

Cool...looks like you will be dropping a few strokes.

Cool...looks like you will be dropping a few strokes.

Yeah I hope so, now I just need to figure out how I can spend more time practicing and playing golf haha

I went out to Laurel Hill today & played. Two of my balls pluged & their was not much roll....but hey...it was GOLF! I played 6 holes in an hour...then ran into a 4some & decided to call it a day.

I made it to the range today. Started working in a few things that had really given me fits last season. Felt good to hit balls and just enjoy the warm sun.

I made it to the range today. Started working in a few things that had really given me fits last season. Felt good to hit balls and just enjoy the warm sun.

I hit a large bucket before I played today too. Like you...I had to work in a few things that have been bugging me :]

Nice going guys. We need to get to Laural Hills and get a round in soon. I haven't played in almost 2 months ugh

Still havent been to Laurel Hill, I'm waiting until its light late enough to take advantage of that super twilight rate. I hear it is pretty sweet though!

Maybe I'll make it out there this weekend, with the wife out of town for work I'll be playing every day through the long weekend.

Looking towards the spring or nicer winter days, are there any courses in the Baltimore/DC area that are beginner friendly? I've taken some classes, and hit the BWI range, but as of yet have not braved a real course (a bit intimidated, really). Any suggestions are welcome.

Looking towards the spring or nicer winter days, are there any courses in the Baltimore/DC area that are beginner friendly? I've taken some classes, and hit the BWI range, but as of yet have not braved a real course (a bit intimidated, really). Any suggestions are welcome.

I am looking forward to the warmer weather also, actually I can't wait!

I wouldn't worry about that at all you might try a Par 3 or executive course. I live near one in Alexandria, Pinecrest (where my forum name is from) that is pretty beginner friendly. I saw a person card a 12 on the first hole which a 350 ish par 4. I seriously wouldn't worry at all. Gotta start somewhere

Welcome. I'm in the Columbia area and have gone to the BWI range before.

I agree with Crest. To build a little confidence start with a short or executive course.

Bay Hill in Annapolis is pretty short and I went with a woman who had never played before and she did ok.

out off I-70 near Marriottsville is an executive course I believe, it is Willow Spring. Ive never played it but it looks pretty decent from the highway.

Also I guarantee if you can schedule a round with any THP'er, and there are plenty in this area, you will enjoy the company so much you'll forget all about being nervous.

Keep in touch in this thread and as it gets warmer I'd be more than happy to meet up with you at one of these places.

Last edited:
Anyone getting out this weekend & playing? I am playing tomorrow at Laurel Hill & probably Monday. I might pass on Saturday because it is only projected to be 35 degrees.

Anyone getting out this weekend & playing? I am playing tomorrow at Laurel Hill & probably Monday. I might pass on Saturday because it is only projected to be 35 degrees.

Oh man I wish I was playing this weekend but not in the cards for me. Have a great time out there!

Thanks guys. I will definitely be here more often as the weather improves.

My sister's fiancé mentioned the College Park par 3 as a decent one as well.

Welcome. I'm in the Columbia area and have gone to the BWI range before.

I agree with Crest. To build a little confidence start with a short or executive course.

Also I guarantee if you can schedule a round with any THP'er, and there are plenty in this area, you will enjoy the company so much you'll forget all about being nervous.

Keep in touch in this thread and as it gets warmer I'd be more than happy to meet up with you at one of these places.

I am looking forward to the warmer weather also, actually I can't wait!

I wouldn't worry about that at all you might try a Par 3 or executive course. I live near one in Alexandria, Pinecrest (where my forum name is from) that is pretty beginner friendly. I saw a person card a 12 on the first hole which a 350 ish par 4. I seriously wouldn't worry at all. Gotta start somewhere

I frequent the range near BWI, It's not far from where I live. I play all over the area. Nighthawk down on RT 3 has a little par 3 set up as well. I don't care if your a beginner or not, let's get together and play sometime. It's about enjoying the day and the company....

I live one mile from Bay Hills and I can confirm that it's very beginner friendly. My wife started playing for the first time this year and she played several rounds with me there and did fine. We started her on a par3 course at Severna Park and she loved it but the greens were so bad we didn't go back.

Any par 3 course is good to start but move up to a regular course as soon as possible. EVERYONE hits bad shots and that's just part of the challenge of the game. Don't worry about not being "ready" for a standard course. Just go have fun !!!

Definitely going to play this weekend an I'm even toying with the idea of heading down to play in Williamsburg on Sunday. Giving some serious thought to playing Golden Horseshoe since they have a coupon for the Gold Course. Anyone played it?

Sounds good.

I frequent the range near BWI, It's not far from where I live. I play all over the area. Nighthawk down on RT 3 has a little par 3 set up as well. I don't care if your a beginner or not, let's get together and play sometime. It's about enjoying the day and the company....

Definitely going to play this weekend an I'm even toying with the idea of heading down to play in Williamsburg on Sunday. Giving some serious thought to playing Golden Horseshoe since they have a coupon for the Gold Course. Anyone played it?

Jimonious, you will enjoy the course there, definitely a good challenge! I prefer the green course over there but it is closed for january.

I have an opening tomorrow, Monday,....at 12:20 for Lake Presidential. A buddy had to drop out. Only $39 to play. Let me know if you are interested.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I have an opening tomorrow, Monday,....at 12:20 for Lake Presidential. A buddy had to drop out. Only $39 to play. Let me know if you are interested.

Found someone.

Played the Gold and Green in November. To me, the green course is much harder and it showed. The gold just fit my game better and it showed, both courses are great.

Found someone.

I love that course, we will have to play this spring. Also, not sure if he is still their but Damon Lucas (think thats his last name) is by far the best teacher I have ever had a lesson from. Did the TM lab fitting at Lake Pres.

For you VSGA members, the one-day tourneys opened up today for booking. Pretty good lineup and some new courses added from last year. I personally love these, and try to sign up for as many private courses that I otherwise would have no means to try out. For $56, you can't go wrong in my opinion.

http://vsga.org/competitions/event-schedule/#one-day

For you VSGA members, the one-day tourneys opened up today for booking. Pretty good lineup and some new courses added from last year. I personally love these, and try to sign up for as many private courses that I otherwise would have no means to try out. For $56, you can't go wrong in my opinion.

http://vsga.org/competitions/event-schedule/#one-day

Sounds like a fun time. How do you know which courses are private? Or do you just have to know that?

It sucks that 95% of these are weekday events. I guess I can still dream that one day I will be retired and still able to play...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back