Your favorite grips

• Cord

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Non-Cord

Votes: 46 48.9%
  • Hybrid

Votes: 28 29.8%

• Total voters
To anyone who has hit the Golf Pride Multi-Compounds or Patriot grips...
What do you think of them? Durable? How is the grip?

How much is it to change our your grips?

To anyone who has hit the Golf Pride Multi-Compounds or Patriot grips...
What do you think of them? Durable? How is the grip?

the multi-compounds are awesome. they are incredibly durable and have a great feel. i was a tried and true Tour Velvet player until the MC came out. i can't see myself ever changing.

How much is it to change our your grips?

it varies. cost of grips and labor to have them changed are factors. or you can change them yourself with the proper tools. a good investment if you plan on doing it yourself again in the future.

I just ordered the new Lamkin 3GEN midsized in white for all of my clubs.

Had bought a used MP-60 Mizuno iron to play with (4.99) and put one on to see how I liked the feel without impacting my regular clubs. So far I love the thing and also love the looks of the white grips.

GolfChick - FYI I thought I heard you mention you had the Golfsmith membership card already. If you do you just need to purchase your grips (from 2-20.00 depending on the grip) and they will regrip your clubs for free.

Without the membership they only charged me 2.00 per club. When I do the entire set I'll get the membership however since it will almost pay for itself.

I went to Golf Galaxy today and was trying some of the grips:
Tour Velvet
New Decade Multi-Compound
Winn PCI Hybrid

The first two from GolfPride don't seem to be as tacky as the Winn. I think I have little sensitivity in my hands... or something else is wrong, because everyone seems to like the Tour Velvets and Multi-Compounds, but I could find nothing great about them. :bulgy-eyes:

Maybe I have no idea what to look for in a grip... It also irks me that they don't have a full club to try the grips with. I think it's completely different holding a shaft that is a foot long...

I tried a very squishy? grip that I realize I didn't like at all. So, I guess my choices are somewhat narrowed down.

I've always used Tour Velvets but just had a grip fitting done....turns out I need the mid size vs. standard due to "too much wrist action" Crazy how much a simple fitting like that can make that much of a difference in shot quality.

I've always used Tour Velvets but just had a grip fitting done....turns out I need the mid size vs. standard due to "too much wrist action" Crazy how much a simple fitting like that can make that much of a difference in shot quality.

i build mine up with tape.

Maybe I have no idea what to look for in a grip...

grip feel is purely individualized. go with what feels good to you and fits your hand size and swing.

i build mine up with tape.

I've heard some others say this as well. What is the feel difference between building the grip up with tape vs. using a midsize grip? Do you feel the extra rubber with the midsize grip? Does the extra wraps and standard grip give it a more solid feel?

I'm wondering because Cleveland ran out of midsize grips for my new irons, so they're building up with tape and giving me the standard grip. They told me I wouldn't know the difference.

Golf Grip Sale

Golf Grip Sale

I just heard that Golf Town in Canada is starting their annual regripping sale this week. Sounds like it is going to run until the end of Feb.

All Golf Pride, Winn and Lamkin grips are 50% off and they are charging $1 for installation. I checked and the very popular New Decade multicompounds are $6.50.

I've heard some others say this as well. What is the feel difference between building the grip up with tape vs. using a midsize grip? Do you feel the extra rubber with the midsize grip? Does the extra wraps and standard grip give it a more solid feel?

I'm wondering because Cleveland ran out of midsize grips for my new irons, so they're building up with tape and giving me the standard grip. They told me I wouldn't know the difference.

I always put one extra wrap on with mid size grips because jumbos are too big, I have also used 2 or 3 wraps with regular size and there is no difference.

Golf Pride decade multi compound grips are the best on the market IMHO.

Re: Your favorite grips

Dirt_Guy said:

I do tape wraps because my grips never came in midsize. and plus you can get a more customized size.

Re: Your favorite grips

I do tape wraps because my grips never came in midsize. and plus you can get a more customized size.

Ah, I see. Thanks!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Doodles beat me to it. The most common reason why you would use tape to build up a grip is that the grip may not come in the size you want. (Or you already have some standard size grips and you want to use them instead of buying a whole new set of midsized grips.)

For example, some grips are only offered in a standard size. So if you prefer a midsized grip, you would need to use build up tape to get the grip size you like.

But also, generally speaking, the typical midsized grip is +1/16 over standard. However, you might want a +1/32 size grip (2 wraps of build up tape + 1 wrap of grip tape) or even +1/64 size (1 wrap of build up tape + 1 wrap of grip tape.)

As for your question about the grips you ordered from Cleveland, I doubt you could ever tell the difference. And the next time you regrip, the midsize will probably be back in stock. As long as they remember to build up the grips with tape, I wouldn't worry about it.

But also, generally speaking, the typical midsized grip is +1/16 over standard. However, you might want a +1/32 size grip (2 wraps of build up tape + 1 wrap of grip tape) or even +1/64 size (1 wrap of build up tape + 1 wrap of grip tape.)

QUOTE]

Hi Harry,

I was told that +1/16 = 1 wrap of build up tape. :confused2: Can you clarify your numbers?
Thanks.

Doodles beat me to it. The most common reason why you would use tape to build up a grip is that the grip may not come in the size you want. (Or you already have some standard size grips and you want to use them instead of buying a whole new set of midsized grips.)

For example, some grips are only offered in a standard size. So if you prefer a midsized grip, you would need to use build up tape to get the grip size you like.

As for your question about the grips you ordered from Cleveland, I doubt you could ever tell the difference. And the next time you regrip, the midsize will probably be back in stock. As long as they remember to build up the grips with tape, I wouldn't worry about it.

Great to know. Thanks! Grips and shafts are the weak points of my golfing knowledge. This place always teaches me a thing or two each day.

I had tried most of the grips out there but I always go back to Golfpride Tour Velvet because of the tacky feel (I have clammy hands) and they last longer.

best golf grip

best golf grip

what are the best golf grips you have used. I am thinking about the golf pride multi-compound or the winn lite. Has anyone used those?

I have two clubs with the Win lite and I love it. I think I might put it on my driver too. I also like the golf pride new decade I think its called but dont have it on any of my clubs.

OEM, I've heard of people actually gaining yards from getting the Winn lite? Did you experience this

I like the GP multi-compound on my driver and woods. For some reason I prefer a soft, tacky grip for my irons. Helps remind me to ease up a bit, I think.

Haven't tried the Winn lite, and have heard good and bad about 'em.

I dunno if I would say that but I can see it, theyre very light. My 3W comes with that grip and I had my hybrid reshafted and picked it. Ive always really liked the Win grips.

I have the Golf Pride Multi-compund New Decade in white/black on my driver, and Golf Pride Tour Velvet Cord BCT in red on all the rest of my irons/woods. The tour velvet cord BCT is the best grip I've ever had by far. It's pretty expensive, but to me well worth it. It's a cord grip so it offers great feel and works great in all types of weather, and the BCT (brush cotton technology) makes it extremely soft. Anthony Kim is playing blue BCT grips.

I like the GP multi-compound on my driver and woods. For some reason I prefer a soft, tacky grip for my irons. Helps remind me to ease up a bit, I think.

Haven't tried the Winn lite, and have heard good and bad about 'em.

What bad have you heard? Ive heard that they tear up quicker and get slick in the rain or from sweat.

Back