Driver Shoot Out - Contest

Harry is headed out to the range to work with the finalists and hopefully declare his personal winner.

All I wear is No show ankle socks. I will happily admit that. I love them, I have found these PUMA socks that are by far the best!!!!!

Harry is headed out to the range to work with the finalists and hopefully declare his personal winner.

Did plans change? I thought he was going to play another round with another set of finalists first?

Did plans change? I thought he was going to play another round with another set of finalists first?

No plans have changed, first it's a range session and then he is going to take some more of the finalists out and play a round with them. The boys are out right now with the Sligo guys at a gorgeous course about 20 minutes from our house. I am even more jealous then I was yesterday, but I do hope they are having a blast. Hmm...I wonder which driver Mr. Longshanks will choose?

No plans have changed, first it's a range session and then he is going to take some more of the finalists out and play a round with them. The boys are out right now with the Sligo guys at a gorgeous course about 20 minutes from our house. I am even more jealous then I was yesterday, but I do hope they are having a blast. Hmm...I wonder which driver Mr. Longshanks will choose?

How come we never hear of JB at the house and you on some crazy golf adventures GG?

How come we never hear of JB at the house and you on some crazy golf adventures GG?

I have a bulging disk in my neck and I am not allowed to play golf right now. I went to the range against doctors orders and now my neck hurts worse then before.

I have a bulging disk in my neck and I am not allowed to play golf right now. I went to the range against doctors orders and now my neck hurts worse then before.

I spent half of last summer trying to keep the clubs out of my wife's hands due to a back injury. Listen to your doctor. Hope you heal quickly.

GG-seriously consider at least consulting an accupuncturist...it can't hurt.

Also, glad to hear that Harry and the boys are having a good time. I'll be interested to find out which driver he picks and why. Ya'll have fun at the show.

WooHoo! It's past 7PM!

When and where will the winner be announced?

WooHoo! It's past 7PM!

When and where will the winner be announced?

The thing about Harry is that obsesses about this stuff, researches endlessly, and takes forever to reach a decision.

It's not so great if he's on a deadline, but if you ever need a recommendation for something about which he's obsessed, it can be very, very useful.

Addicted much? :foot-in-mouth: Fight the urge and get better soon!

GG-seriously consider at least consulting an accupuncturist...it can't hurt.

I tried it once... I think it's more of a mental thing than anything... I understand the practice but don't agree that it actually works :neutral:

It is really weird that I know this, but Harry is mildly obsessed with no show socks.

I love ankle socks! But... ever since playing golf, I might have to get higher pairs. Sometimes they just scrunch up into my shoe when I'm walking. Maybe the elastic is worn out? :bulgy-eyes:

I had to have surgery on my neck for a bulging disk the summer before last and the difference between how I felt before the surgery and afterwards was amazing. I wihs I had had my surgery sooner than I did. I was out of work at home and at work for about 6 weeks but after the pain I went through it was well worth it. Now adays they have replacement disks that improve recovery time and range of motion recovery. I had cadaver bone put in my neck but I would never know it. I hope you get to feeling better soon GG.

Darn GG, that's gotta suck. Get well soon ya hear?

Re: Driver Shoot Out - Contest

ClairefromClare said:
The thing about Harry is that obsesses about this stuff, researches endlessly, and takes forever to reach a decision.

I am invisioning excel applications and pie charts and graphs and the iPhone notepad working overtime.

It's not so great if he's on a deadline, but if you ever need a recommendation for something about which he's obsessed, it can be very, very useful.

Claire, I was thinking the same thing, this could take a while...

Played 18 today at Sarasota National with JB and the guys from Sligo. What fantastic guys. Really REALLY good players and farking hilarious. Hi.Larry.Us. I'll never think of Depends the same way again. Or at all without laughing.

Anyway . . . the last of the finalist in the driver Shoot Out got played today. Two drivers were definite stand outs. For me, they were just at a higher level over the other finalists. Frankly, I haven't made a final decision yet because they are so close. I keep waffling back and forth between the two.

A decision will be made very soon. And there will be no spreadsheets, graphs, pie charts, or even iPhone apps involved. For as research oriented and organized as I am in other facets of my life, when it comes to golf, I am very much a feel player. I might make a spreadsheet about which clubs I want to demo and how I can most efficiently and effectively go about demoing those clubs. But when it comes to making a decision, it's all about what works best based on what I feel from the club and what I see the ball do.

When we reveal the finalists and the winners, I think there will be both some surprises and also some things that were expected. One thing I can say is that this process has only strengthened my belief that, when it comes to evaluating equipment for your game, there is no substitute for putting a club in your bag and playing it.

Re: Driver Shoot Out - Contest

I'm glad to hear of your thorough experience. It makes me feel guilty for choosing the first one that worked well for me. I'm anxious to hear the ultimate decision.

Wow Harry, you are a lucky ducky ;) sounds like you are having a blast with more fun on the way!!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Can you tell us which ones are in the finals?:confused2:

Can you tell us which ones are in the finals?:confused2:

you have to guess one finalist will be the obvious one ... the new nike ... at least based on what's in his bag currently ... upgrading it to the new one seems like a good bet ...

Back