Morgan Cup 2014 Travel plans & accommodation thread

I go right through your town on the way down.

The trip south from Rochester goes nowhere near NJ unless you want to go a few hours out of your way. And if you're going to do that, come to Albany and we'll leave from here.

You're in South Jersey right? It's a long way away still, but I'll be driving the entire length of NJ on my way down.

Sounds like there is a Ricky bidding war. Who'll give me $20? Do I hear $20?

Sounds like there is a Ricky bidding war. Who'll give me $20? Do I hear $20?

Yuuuuuup! But seriously we can definitely figure something out. Especially Albany because the gf's parents live there. So we could always leave earlier and do dinner with them before we depart. Even if we wanna just kinda follow each other down depending on everyone's plans and everything.

Just got the word that in laws will watch the kiddos and we are ok to leave for 8 days! Super excited. My wife and I will spend some anniversary time prior to tthat thursday. Most likely fly into Charlotte or Jacksonville and spend 4 days doing wife time. Then Thursday thru sunday is THPMC time!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Hey guys me and the wife/Team albatross are trying to figure out the place where were staying at. Looking at the True Blue Villas and I gave the wife the link to check them out. Well she told me the reviews are kinda up and down. And now she is saying the Caledonia ones are looking better. So what did most of you do last year and who did you guys book though or was it all done through THP last year?

Hey guys me and the wife/Team albatross are trying to figure out the place where were staying at. Looking at the True Blue Villas and I gave the wife the link to check them out. Well she told me the reviews are kinda up and down. And now she is saying the Caledonia ones are looking better. So what did most of you do last year and who did you guys book though or was it all done through THP last year?

I think there are details that have yet to be revealed by THP regarding lodging.

Last two years we've all stayed at the TB Villas. Freddie graciously organized it, but it wasn't officially through THP.

They are guys trip villas in many regards. The one I was in had two bedrooms, each with a tiny single bed. It worked for the price though. Very economical.

I think there are details that have yet to be revealed by THP regarding lodging.

Nope, lodging is on the individual. Things didn't work out on that end.

Well according to JB he said this (Lodging will be up to each person. We were working on a few things, but its apparent that people want to take care of this, so we say go ahead. True Blue has some wonderful villas available that will hold a number of people and there are local hotels as well. We believe most years people stay in the villas to make it easier on transportation)

Per the PM everyone has the option to stay where they would like as we have in previous years.

Whoops missed that one.

Mike you think we could do a tent city on the course??
Per the PM everyone has the option to stay where they would like as we have in previous years.

I don't really care where I stay as long as it's with other THPers. Whether it is a villa or a gutter, just want to hang out with my THPMC brothers.

I will be staying in a villa at True Blue. Hoping to share a villa with my Team THP teammates. Cheap fantastic option when you can put 4 to a room.

I will be staying in a villa at True Blue. Hoping to share a villa with my Team THP teammates. Cheap fantastic option when you can put 4 to a room.

I'm down.

I encourage people that can to stay at True Blue. It's really come to be part of the experience.

I have a spread sheet and will start the process of taking names for villas. I blocked 12 for the event with my contact. Since lodging is on our own I'm still the point person. I'll find my sprees sheet and we will handle via emails.

I will share all details as to price and who's with whom based on arrival. I will do my best to insure folks that want to room with one another are able to. We are 6 months out and I'm on top of it. I'll share info as I get it.

I have a spread sheet and will start the process of taking names for villas. I blocked 12 for the event with my contact. Since lodging is on our own I'm still the point person. I'll find my sprees sheet and we will handle via emails.

I will share all details as to price and who's with whom based on arrival. I will do my best to insure folks that want to room with one another are able to. We are 6 months out and I'm on top of it. I'll share info as I get it.

The panda is awesome...really appreciate you managing all of that yet again.

I'm 98% sure I'm partaking in the Villa fun.

Freddy, are the villas open for guys bringing their wifes or are they mancaves only?

Thanks for taking the lead on this yet again. Really makes things easier on me with everything else about the event being a little overwhelming, at least I'll have a place to sleep!

Freddy, are the villas open for guys bringing their wifes or are they mancaves only?

Both. My wife has been with me the last 2 years.

Freddie, are you handling for just participants or volunteers as well? Me, my wife and daughter are all planning on volunteering and will be looking for a place to stay.

The villas are set up with two or three bedrooms per villa. A full kitchen, wash dryer, and living room. Couple will stay with couple unless and odd number exist and singles will room with singles.

Back