deuce

Grenade!
Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of them? Mas Putters. They have gotten good reviews from what I've read. Price is pretty sweet too ... $225 to $250 depending upon what grip you want.

I have not heard of them. Japanese company maybe?

Yeah, I have. The originals were actually milled by Kari Lajosi from someone's (MAS) design. I'm not sure if that is still the case.

That said, have hears some good things as well, and yes decent enough price point.

Never heard of them before but I'm not the most knowledgeable

I have not heard of them. Japanese company maybe?
Nope, some architect fellow who came up with a design and started his own company. Pretty sure he's in the States (though I could be wrong).

Nope, some architect fellow who came up with a design and started his own company. Pretty sure he's in the States (though I could be wrong).

As I mentioned above, his design, originally had them all milled by Kari Lajosi.

As I mentioned above, his design, originally had them all milled by Kari Lajosi.

Interesting.

Yep, I've read it. I'm what you might call, a putter guy. :alien:

Just didn't want to link to elsewhere.

Its a nice enough design, I'd personally rather just get a #7 though if I wanted that shape-ish.

So I guess all they offer currently is the Ackie model?

Yep, just that shape as of right now. Will be interesting to see if he eventually branches out or not.

Appears that way, and from the last review I read the price has dropped a fair amount. I've got to imagine that most people who design putters don't quit their day job (or are already retired) until they finally make it big. I had, what I thought was a nifty idea for customizing a putter, and searching through the interwebs looking at patents and designs, there is some crazy stuff out there already.

Yep, I've read it. I'm what you might call, a putter guy. :alien:

Just didn't want to link to elsewhere.

Its a nice enough design, I'd personally rather just get a #7 though if I wanted that shape-ish.

I agree. I'm not saying it wouldn't do the job but the design just didn't really have any originality that would draw me to it.

Appears that way, and from the last review I read the price has dropped a fair amount. I've got to imagine that most people who design putters don't quit their day job (or are already retired) until they finally make it big. I had, what I thought was a nifty idea for customizing a putter, and searching through the interwebs looking at patents and designs, there is some crazy stuff out there already.

FWIW, if you come up with something you really would like to see done, contact Kari, every one of his I've ever had he tweaked for me and two were unique designs he put into CAD based off of my ideas, he's a gem to work with.

FWIW, if you come up with something you really would like to see done, contact Kari, every one of his I've ever had he tweaked for me and two were unique designs he put into CAD based off of my ideas, he's a gem to work with.
Good to know. Will definitely keep that in mind.

That Ackie model, aka #7 style, looks pretty sweet. Makes it look deeper than it is, though.

Look what I found in my occasional search for MAS Putters! The company is a single designer / fitter / assembler that has the heads fabricated and then builds the putters when ordered.

I'm a work from home father of 3 year old boy / girl twins balancing an architecture business and creating a putter company. It's a delicate balance, and starting slow is the best business model for now since going "all in" at once can lead quickly to a failed business venture.

I've spent the past year tweaking my original design and planning a 2014 line that will consist of a counterbalanced version very similar to the ackie, and a standard version further tweaked with adjustable sole weights, firm face insert and various neck options.

As far as the #7 comparison... at a quick glance I can see the comparison, and the flange removal was influenced by that weight distribution, but that's about it. My goal was a smoother more classic design with modern principles.

I'll see if I can post a few sample photos that are have been the tweaks in progress... production should start soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look what I found in my occasional search for MAS Putters! The company is a single designer / fitter / assembler that has the heads fabricated and then builds the putters when ordered.

I'm a work from home father of 3 year old boy / girl twins balancing an architecture business and creating a putter company. It's a delicate balance, and starting slow is the best business model for now since going "all in" at once can lead quickly to a failed business venture.

I've spent the past year tweaking my original design and planning a 2014 line that will consist of a counterbalanced version very similar to the ackie, and a standard version further tweaked with adjustable sole weights, firm face insert and various neck options.

As far as the #7 comparison... at a quick glance I can see the comparison, and the flange removal was influenced by that weight distribution, but that's about it. My goal was a smoother more classic design with modern principles.

I'll see if I can post a few sample photos that are have been the tweaks in progress... production should start soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good luck with the upcoming line. I've got the Ackie penned down as a Father's Day gift.

Back