Yes it does work and feels good when you use it - that said I don't really do it that much either.
I busted my front ankle up and doing that big rotation really hurts that front ankle, I just can't whip the hips like he does.
Still gloveless for me - saves time and money prefer the feel of the club to that of a glove

I really like video on developing a slow, easy swing (below). I actually worked on the basics described here on the range today and really liked the results I was seeing. I definitely want to check out more. I like his no-nonsense, simple method.

I've tried some of his techniques, but when it comes to trying the relaxed but whipping swing I find Shawn Clement's swing thoughts much better.

I've tried some of his techniques, but when it comes to trying the relaxed but whipping swing I find Shawn Clement's swing thoughts much better.

uh oh,, here I go down another rabbit hole haha :fingers-crossed:

uh oh,, here I go down another rabbit hole haha :fingers-crossed:

Always down the rabbit hole with Shawn :)

I played all last season with Shawn's style swing. I like how simple he makes things, and when I did it right, it worked well. However, I tended to fade a lot and had to consciously manipulate my wrists to not do so. As a result, I started moving away from it... but I think some of my trying out of other more pivot driven swings may have led to me figuring out why I was always going right with his style swing.

Once the snow melts I'll see if I was right.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

:act-up:I think Shawn Clements has a great program.. Just a little pricey for me..but a lot of guys had success with it. One guy in men's club I used to belong to was a 18 handicap prior season to using Shawn. After sticking with Shawn's teachings...he was a 3 the next season. That is literally the biggest jump in handicap I have ever heard of ...it does work. But it helps he was very regimen In is practice of the drills he was given. He never deviated, but strangely his ball striking only improved ..never worsened thru all his changes. Swing looked the same, just the contact and his distance control was a huge huge improvement. Can't wait to see how he does this year ( true story)

Last edited:
I tried to watch the video, but wow is that guy too chatty. I'm sure he has great swing thoughts, but he lost me pretty quick with his rambling narrative.

Just make the point & demonstrate the move.

yes Paul tends to be overly repetitive and then says "in other words...." :banghead:

:act-up:A lot of great teachers have trouble expressing at times. I think Paul based his method off of iron Byron. Why I try and stay away from most online golf programs. At times I just don't get their lingo,,

Each their own..if the shoe fits

:act-up:A lot of great teachers have trouble expressing at times. I think Paul based his method off of iron Byron. Why I try and stay away from most online golf programs. At times I just don't get their lingo,,

Each their own..if the shoe fits

He is much easier to understand than that Lee character

Yes, he has a great video on the grip that helped me a lot.

Yeah, his grip lessons helped me too. I have swung about 80 times with the swingbyte and after using his tips I finally got a straight reading. Around 95% of my swings were reading slice, with open face. So this looks promising!

:act-up:I think Shawn Clements has a great program.. Just a little pricey for me..but a lot of guys had success with it. One guy in men's club I used to belong to was a 18 handicap prior season to using Shawn. After sticking with Shawn's teachings...he was a 3 the next season. That is literally the biggest jump in handicap I have ever heard of ...it does work. But it helps he was very regimen In is practice of the drills he was given. He never deviated, but strangely his ball striking only improved ..never worsened thru all his changes. Swing looked the same, just the contact and his distance control was a huge huge improvement. Can't wait to see how he does this year ( true story)

Not sure what you mean by "too pricey". His DVD sets are pretty reasonable in cost ($50 for 5), and he's got literally hundreds of videos on YouTube. Good stuff. What I really like about his teaching is that the majority of it is feel based, not "be in this position at A7 or whatever". The bulk of golfers, IMO, want to play good golf and enjoy their game, not make sure their rear hand is in dorsiflexion and they have the correct pressure points yadda yadda yadda. Shawn's teaching is great that way.

Yes on the Paul Wilson grip. I think the thumb against the hand works really well.
I checked out Shaun C - watched one called the braced tilt" and shot a 79 the next day
a really good score for me!!!

Not sure what you mean by "too pricey". His DVD sets are pretty reasonable in cost ($50 for 5), and he's got literally hundreds of videos on YouTube. Good stuff. What I really like about his teaching is that the majority of it is feel based, not "be in this position at A7 or whatever". The bulk of golfers, IMO, want to play good golf and enjoy their game, not make sure their rear hand is in dorsiflexion and they have the correct pressure points yadda yadda yadda. Shawn's teaching is great that way.

I do agree now, and he has had a great success rate. That program currently has 30k plus of members doing it. With those numbers, must be successful. A lot of people worry about look..he appears to worry more about score. Which I think is the way to go

good post russ

Yes on the Paul Wilson grip. I think the thumb against the hand works really well.
I checked out Shaun C - watched one called the braced tilt" and shot a 79 the next day
a really good score for me!!!

The braced tilt that's a huge part of Shawn's swing is just a glorified reverse K, which really helps hackers like me approach the ball from the inside without a huge weight shift/hip bump that a lot of amateurs have problems with. I fully admit I gave up on his style of swing at the end of last season after using it all year, but I'm back on board after realizing why I kept fading the ball, and I'm kicking myself in hindsight that I didn't figure it out sooner.

I liked the description he had about the weight inside that left heel. I KNOW my shoulders were well closed (right) to target but my ball flights were good. I tend to hit a fade and sometimes slice the driver but I liked that glorified reverse K! He is easier to listen to as well. Paul is great but he really does take too long in his explanations. I do get great results when I stay LOOSE as Paul preaches.

I really like the Paul Wilson approach. Started hitting better after watching his videos. It seems like every question you could have about any aspect of the golf swing is precisely explained. I re-watch them on you tube often.

I"m a new golfer, and by new, I mean that I'm 49 and just got a set of clubs for Christmas after hitting a local range a couple of times with the drummer in my band. I've yet to play a round of golf. I had no idea what I was doing, and it showed! While I still plan to take some lessons, I happened upon Paul's videos and have been using the grip he explains as well as the swing. I've got a LONG, LONG way to go, but I've been able to mostly quit topping balls (thanks to Paul) and to get the ball in the air and fairly straight. The effortless swing speaks to me from a physics perspective as well as understanding that you don't have to have huge arms to crush the ball.

Back