What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 today in a scramble at Starr Pass resort. This is a very tough course. Played with an ex-pro baseball player named Gil Herreria (I think that is right). He was a very nice guy, used to pitch for the Rangers at one time. We ended up in 4th place. There were 3 58's.

Very cool C-Tech. I went shopping with Liz, lol

Re: What did you shoot today?

Great round C-tech guess at the California outing I'll be watching you to see how it's done.

Hit up a range in Carlsbad today and had one of the golf instructors offer me up a little unsolicited advice on my stance, follow through, and hip movement. Even though he only worked with me for 10-15 minutes it made an amazing difference in my game. Headed out to get in a few rounds at another course in San Diego afterwards. Only got in 8 holes before it got too dark to continue. Executive course with 2 par 4's and 6 3's in the front 8. I hit 5 of 6 greens on the par threes and par'd all 6 threes. On the 6th hole 295yd par 4 I drove the green to give me a 25 ft eagle attempt. Missed eagle but putted in for my third birdie ever.

Now I seriously need to work on my putting. I had so many 5-7 ft birdie attempts and missed all but the one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was hurrying when I posted my score. I need to elaborate a bit.

After a routine first hole par, I was in trouble left at #2, needing a real bow-whang hook from 170 to get on the green; I pulled it off, except a tree limb at the apex of the hook reached out and snagged enuff of it to drop it 25 yards in front of the green. That pitch is the one I shanked (badly), but I nearly holed the next one from 10 yards short. I followed with another bogey, then settled in to some pretty decent golf for a really long stretch. The birdie came on a sink from about 18 feet, but several inside that (2 of them under 6 feet) did not fall.

This was my second round with the White Hot putter, and I am definitely feeling an affinity for it. Winter greens and my indifferent reading ability have kept me from putting lights out, but the distance feel is improving rapidly, and I seem to roll it on the line I choose nearly every stroke.

i shot a horrendous 88 today... 16 over! *faints*
i have an excuse tho... been tinkering with my swing to gain more distance...
now i have zero distance control on my clubs...
shots are going straight but i have no idea how far it will fly... some went wayyy too far and others shorter than usual...
putting was the only thing that saved me today...
i actually had a nice 270yrd drive today

saturday 43/40, 83-17 for 66. 4 birdies (2 from chip ins) lots of singles and a few doubles for good measure. only 1 par on my card..

sunday 46/43, 89-17 for 72. 1 birdie, lots of pars and singles and a couple of triples for good measure. this was first time playing a new course, which will now be my home course for 2010 :) out in a 4 ball (2 vs. 2), lost front 9 1 down, lost overall 2 & 1, back 9 1 down. one of the guys we were playing against shot a net 60 so i suppose we did ok.

saturday 43/40, 83-17 for 66. 4 birdies (2 from chip ins) lots of singles and a few doubles for good measure. only 1 par on my card..

sunday 46/43, 89-17 for 72. 1 birdie, lots of pars and singles and a couple of triples for good measure. this was first time playing a new course, which will now be my home course for 2010 :) out in a 4 ball (2 vs. 2), lost front 9 1 down, lost overall 2 & 1, back 9 1 down. one of the guys we were playing against shot a net 60 so i suppose we did ok.

And "net" scores like this are why scratch golfers NEVER believe anyone's handicap, and refuse to give up anywhere CLOSE to that amount in strokes for a fun match.

Seriously lol.

And "net" scores like this are why scratch golfers NEVER believe anyone's handicap, and refuse to give up anywhere CLOSE to that amount in strokes for a fun match.

Seriously lol.

Except you don't know the ratings for the course or anything other than the score. Seriously.

I shot 14 over on a course and my handicap at the time (was over 20). It happens.

85 at Torres Blancas on Sunday. This course always plays tough. 6400 yards and there always seems to be a big wind blowing. The course goes due south on the second nine before turning into the wind. The last 4 holes are brutal, a 200 yard par 3, two 400+ par 4's and a par 5 risk reward with a 220 yard water carry to get home in two. Nasty but fun.

In the last tournament I was in there was a 15 hndcpr who shot a 65 (net 50) He caught so much grief from some of the other players, that he quit in the middle of the third round.

Seriously lol.

Play at FHCC in Georgia and shot 48 threw 9. That was bad for me. It makes me even madder because I was +1 through 3. Oh well.

Except you don't know the ratings for the course or anything other than the score. Seriously.

Saturday course had a par of 70, SSS of 68

Sundays course had a par of 71, SSS of 70.

I played today at my home course Colony West Championship Course 7.387 Yds. Par 71. I shot -2 69 in a round I would describe as fulfilling. I haven't been hitting the ball well lately and was concerned with how I'd hit it today and how'd I score. I started my round off with a birdie on hole #1 a 603 yard par 5. I found trouble on hole #3 a 424 yard par 4 I split the fairway and had 132 yards in I SH*^(&D the ball far right almost out of bounds. I got up and down but I was scared about the results of my swing. I drilled the next fairway 446 yard par 4 and had 152 in and again I shafted it right. I almost wanted to quit and go to a FAR corner of the range so I wouldn't hurt anyone and figure this garbage out. I bogeyed that hole. #5 is 237 yard par 3 which I hit my 3 hybrid to about 8ft. and I made my birdie putt. throughout the round I CRAPPED 3 more shots but by the 14th hole I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. what made the round fulfilling was that I could of put up a high number today very easily but my short game and putting got me home. most fulfilling though was figuring out what the hell I was doing wrong for a week +. can't wait to play tomorrow.

Yesterday, I played Mayfair Country Club, great weather Sunshine, High 60 - Low 70's. I shot a 42 on the front. Then, my game really started coming around. I started bogey, par, then on a short Par 5 with water between the fairway and the green. I landed on in 2 missed an eagle putt but tapped in for birdie. I had 3 bogeys on the back with a birdie and 5 pars for a 2 over 38. I ended with an 80. It was a lot of fun.

Thursday 1/28 Gordon Lakes Pine 3200 yds
62 F at 1610 tee time - NICE - great day to walk again

1 par 4 4
2 par 4 5
3 par 5 5
4 par 3 3
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 5
8 par 4 4
9 par 4 4

Score 37 (+1)

A beautiful afternoon for golf, and Saturday has a bleak forecast, so I went out for an after work 9. A big drive down the middle got me started, and a wedge to the fringe just 15 feet from the hole made for easy par. Another big drive at #2 left a soft 9 iron in, but I came over it and missed left - bogey. After that it was all pretty good - I hit the last 7 greens in regulation, but never very close or too far away - all those birdie putts were 15 to 30 feet. None fell, though a few were dead in short. I really banged every drive and made good contact with all my approaches except at #2, so all in all a satisfying walk.

A beautiful afternoon for golf, and Saturday has a bleak forecast, so I went out for an after work 9.

Bleak? It snowed here today - very little accumulation, but now it's freezing. I'm not asking for much - no snow and temps above freezing so I can play outside. I'm getting a bit depressed by the weather.

Today was a good day to golf. We played 18, and with recent rains the greens were quite receptive to our approach shot. Normally DR's greens are divot proof. Of course this also meant wetter than normal fairways

Tried something different I read in a John Jacobs book. That is to add 10-20 yards to the actual yardage needed, take the longer yardage club, choke down a little, and just swing easier. The easier swing made keeping my balance easier to maintain, with better swing control. The longer club with an easier swing handled the actual yardage better in the wetter conditions. Thin to win was our motto this day.

My buddy shot an 77, and I managed a nice 81. Tomorrow will bring drier conditions, so we will see how that turns out for us. :D

I shot a 69, Jacqui shot a 70.

At Sawgrass.

On Wii.

Bleak? It snowed here today - very little accumulation, but now it's freezing. I'm not asking for much - no snow and temps above freezing so I can play outside. I'm getting a bit depressed by the weather.

Bleak = half inch rain overnight, half inch steady rain Saturday, high of 37 degrees

82 at Silverbell GC this afternoon. I hate the 17th hole on this course! Triple with two in the water on the same hole! It has got my number. Best round I had in Arizona was at this course, 2 over through 16, but I left 17 green 7 over. That started a dislike for this hole that extended through today. Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!

82 at Silverbell GC this afternoon. I hate the 17th hole on this course! Triple with two in the water on the same hole! It has got my number. Best round I had in Arizona was at this course, 2 over through 16, but I left 17 green 7 over. That started a dislike for this hole that extended through today. Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!

Not knowing the layout of this hole, I have to ask - since I feel sure you play at a level that you always plot at the tee to hit every green in regulation, have you considered playing this hole differently, so as to practically guarantee a par putt? Or is the hole "on paper" an easy hole that playing that conservatively is an unthinkable option?

i don't know what i shot....but i had a dream last night that i played LACC with Clooney.

and it snowed here. it's 20 degrees. and there are exactly 12 more days until i leave for the desert. i better start swinging a stick.

19* here in Indy and I am on a 9 day count down to Florida. Yay!!

Went out and played my favorite local course, Spessard Holland. Just 5155 yds Par 67, but I love the location, sandwiched between the Atlantic Ocean and Indian River Lagoon on the barrier islands. Lots of wildlife (birds & turtles mostly) and great scenery where it runs right along the lagoon.

While testing with the AD333's (2nd ball), I was keeping score of how I did with my 1st ball. I played much better than I'd thought. Started off on the back 9, and shot a 43 (+9). Then on the front nine I started playing even better and shot a 41 (+8).

So I ended up with the lowest score I've had since starting to play again about this time last year at 84! Needless to say, I'm ecstatic about my round!! :bananadance:

Too cold and wet to play here today so I went to the Golf Show in Dallas. Did the long drive contest and my best drive was 290. Not bad for the senior group (over 50) got my name on the board at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back