Rickie's Trusty Rusty needs a shave!

Golds

Reaction score
Handicap
NY Winter
Rickie Fowler has some pretty sweet personalized Trusty Rusty's in his bag, this was a photo catching them in the Waste Management Open....
1391386205152.png

I wonder how many other Pro's have some personalized equipment like this.

Lots of them.
And it is trickling down to regular golfers too with brands like Cleveland, Hopkins, etc.
Mine say Wow Factor, Widow Maker and Money Maker

It's another way to stand out & market. I think it's great you can personalize wedges. I think Vokey has a custom order option that will stamp also.

Lots of them.
And it is trickling down to regular golfers too with brands like Cleveland, Hopkins, etc.

Is there an official thread for personalized equipment? Would be fun to have one to see what THPers have customized.

I like the Tour Trusty's that Greg Norman has. They have a shark outline stamped around the Tour Trusty part of the wedge.

Is there an official thread for personalized equipment? Would be fun to have one to see what THPers have customized.

There are a few. There is a paint fill thread.
The Hopkins wedge thread has a ton of stuff in it too.

I think it's pretty common on Tour. I saw picture last week of Keegan Bradley's wedges and all the stamping they had on them.

I'm no pro, and my wedges are stamped "O'Carroll" and "THP."

I think it's pretty common on Tour. I saw picture last week of Keegan Bradley's wedges and all the stamping they had on them.

I'm no pro, and my wedges are stamped "O'Carroll" and "THP."

Do you think it is just limited to wedges? I'm sure putters are also an easy one to personalize, but what about drivers and irons. Minus Bubba's pink driver, I wonder how common it is to personalize your clubs, no matter what club it is.

Yeah if you look at WITB photos from the tour, the personalized wedge is something that quite a lot of them partake in.

Do you think it is just limited to wedges? I'm sure putters are also an easy one to personalize, but what about drivers and irons. Minus Bubba's pink driver, I wonder how common it is to personalize your clubs, no matter what club it is.

Just my personal observation, but I do not tend to see much customization beyond the wedges...unless you consider lead tape a customization.

I love the personalization that's out there now. It's really cool and really makes the wedges POP

I do, but only to a certain extent. What do you consider personalization? A custom word or phrase stamped on a club? Or a color. You can get the Bio Cell or Big Bertha in various colors. Same with the bio cell irons.

Maybe if Rickie spent more time being a good golfer instead of playing with his wedges he might win. Or at lease compete.

These were shown last year. They are Luke List's irons.

blog-luke-list-clubs-0731.jpg

Yeah if you look at WITB photos from the tour, the personalized wedge is something that quite a lot of them partake in.

Plus it is just something the OEM's do for them when putting their clubs together.

Just my personal observation, but I do not tend to see much customization beyond the wedges...unless you consider lead tape a customization.

I think many pro's have their irons stamped up, again just because the OEM's do it for them.

Its a value killer for us hackers if you don't keep your clubs for long.

Lots of them.

I would absolutely love to be confident enough to stamp my own wedges, but I just can't get myself to try it. Even if I mastered it on an old wedge I'd still be too nervous to do it.

Plus it is just something the OEM's do for them when putting their clubs together.

I think many pro's have their irons stamped up, again just because the OEM's do it for them.

Its a value killer for us hackers if you don't keep your clubs for long.

I haven't seen a whole lot of stamped irons. Now paint fill may be a different story, probably also because a lot of pro's play CB irons that don't afford the best canvas for stamping.

These were shown last year. They are Luke List's irons.

blog-luke-list-clubs-0731.jpg

I was just about to post this! Love these irons.

"Looks like he just stuck a "Rack Em" in tight to the pin right there"!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Back