What Driver In 2014 Has You Most Intrigued?

The BB/Alpha combo intrigues me a lot. I love the adjustability of the Alpha, but from what Callaway says the BB is the driver for most folks. Haven't heard a single bad thing about it and that says a lot.

BB, BB Alpha and SLDR430. I had the SLDR about 4 months ago and sold it, but apparently from reading I may have way underlofted myself and should have probably tried a higher lofted version. So I am more intrigued now to try a higher lofted version of both SLDRs, especially the SLDR to see if the loft was the issue I had with it.

Both of the Callaway offerings, SLDR (despite the reports of lack of forgiveness), Ping i25, and the Cobra Bio Cell+. Really want I'm most intrigued about is doing a driver fitting later this summer, which is something that I haven't done in 3 years.

The title says it all. It could be one you tried out. It could be one you read about here on THP. What driver has you thinking right now?

X Hot 2. Going Saturday to do a heads up test with my X Hot to see if there is in fact anything to gain by trading up. I'll give the Big Bertha a go as well I'm sure.

Haven't touched the BB yet, but I've hit and watched a buddy hit the Ping i25, and wow.

I am set with my driver this season but i will Try the BB Alpha to see if might be worth a change in the future

I am also going to try the SLDR 430 just to compare to my 460

Big Bertha and Bio Cell. I have hit both on the monitors and look forward to hitting them outside.

Big Bertha and Bio Cell, but for two different reasons.

Big Bertha because it is the first time I think a company has created something really truly special and with such great potential for greatness. The reports that have reached my ears about "Distance" "Forgiveness" and "Adjustability that ACTUALLY AFFECTS BALLFLIGHT" make it hard to not be excited.

The Bio Cell because it is just guaranteed to be a solid driver that I can use and/or go back to at any time and have success. The stock shaft option (free ugprade to Red Tie) is stellar, the value can't be beat, and if it has the forgiveness of the Amp Cell with a few refinements I'm all over it. The return of black paint, the new sound and look are all reasons to be excited for this one.

FG Tour M3 if I can find one to demo.

Big Bertha Alpha - I might even use elegant to describe the engineering solution they came up with.

Cobra Bio Cell (in blue) - I've been intrigued with Cobra but this year might be the year I make the jump.

I might be more interested in the Jet Speed over the SLDR. As cool as I think the BBA is, part of me dislikes too many fiddly bits.

And whatever is being shows at the Wilson Golf event in October.

Every OEM has something I want to try. Except TaylorMade.

I have two...

Cally Big Bertha Alpha
Taylormade SLDR

I have 3 under consideration, have not hit any of them yet. When pics/info first appeared on the new drivers for 2014 my list started:

1. Big Bertha
2. Cobra BioCell
3. Nike Covert

I only have eyes for Bertha!

The bio cell + for mc of course. However if it was one just for me im completly intrigued with the big bertha alpha.

For me its
Bio Cell
Bio Cell+
Big Bertha

Honestly I have been intrigued about the Big Bertha Alpha since information first broke. Gravity Core seems like it's just right.

BB Alpha and BB....With a close next one being the Bio Cell +

For me it's the Bio Cell. I love the amp cell and would like to see how cobra improved on it.

Taylor Made R1 black with a stiff shaft (55 gram RIP Phenom). I'm buying one next week.

Regards,

Tom

I really liked my amp cell last year, so I think I have to say the Bio Cell or Bio Cell+. I got to hit the Bio Cell once and hit it even better than I hit the amp cell. I really want to try the "+" though because it has a lower loft available and i also like the look a lot more. The Big Bertha Alpha also has me very intrigued. I've heard good things so far.

After the Bertha drivers, I am looking forward to doing some testing with the Bio Cell+.

Love the Optiforce, so I expect to love one of the Berthas, will try both. Other than that, I'm only looking forward to the Wilson Staff M3.

Back