Bertha Came Back - What Else Would You Like?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
So many great names from the past for drivers and we want to hear any others you might want to hear come back.

Killer Whale
Howitzer
Tommy Gun
The Judge

And of course many more. What would you like to see make a come back name wise?

Personally I think the "Howitzer" is an awesome name for a driver.

Ping Eye2
Cleveland Launcher (again)

Those are the first two to come to mind.

I liked the old Power Bilt persimmon drivers. It would be cool to have a suped up modern version painted similar to the Cleveland Classic.

The Hogan Apex

Can't argue with "The Howitzer".
I'd like to see the "Launcher" come back from Cleveland.

I've always just liked the plain jane model numbers for club lines. Call it boring and un-inventive but when the OEM's start to use cool names for clubs it's only a few years before they run out and we get treated to such gems as "Rocketballz" and "Jetspeed".

I loved my killer whale woods. Would love to see that return.

Omg the Ti Bubble, that thing was the king for a long time.

I loved my killer whale woods. Would love to see that return.

I'm with you it would be epic to see Wilson resurrect the Killer Whale.

PING's Eye2
Cobra's King Cobra

I would also like to see PING embrace their putter roots and go back to their old cavity stamping/engraving look in the Anser's. I dream of that.

S9.1 It had such a catchy ring to it.

I'm partial to Big Bertha as the best driver name. But I think someone might consider naming their driver the Land Shark. The head covers alone would we awesome.

Ping putters when they still made that classic "Ping" sound.

oooooh the Starship!!!

The DCI Starship was so much better than straight numbers.

"The Judge" - First oversized driver I owned. Loved it. Played a lot at the time with a lawyer friend who thought the name was hilarious.

I yearn for anything under the "Ben Hogan" name. I'm happy to see Leishman wearing it, even if it is only Perry Ellis cheapo stuff. And I'm happy that Cally is using some of those Hogan brands in an honorable way.

It's tragic that all the top brands of my youth have disappeared or sunk to near oblivion. Haig Ultra's, H&B Powerbuilt, Wilson Staffs, Tommy Armour, Ben Hogan. Those were some sticks and if you went up against anyone who played them, you knew you were in for a fight. The beauty of a newly refinished persimmon at the start of a season and the faint smell of the drying varnish --- those are the sense memories that meant Spring had truly arrived.

At least we still have Ping Ansers and all their cloned offspring.

Cobra - Gravity Back
TaylorMade - Firesole
Titleist - PT woods and Howitzer driver
Ping - Eye

It wasn't an amazing driver but I would love to see another "EXPLOSIVE" C4

SuperQuad

That's all I can think of that would be awesome.

Back