Big Bertha Alpha Driver Review

Say hi to the boys and girls for me! Love those guys and that facility is amazing. Hopefully you can take a tour if you haven't already.

I will give them regards from all the Grandaddy participants. It was following your posts when you were all at the ECPC that made me decide to make the pilgrimage. I am so excited.

I will give them regards from all the Grandaddy participants. It was following your posts when you were all at the ECPC that made me decide to make the pilgrimage. I am so excited.

Good deal! It really is a great facility and I know you will have a great time.

Start a thread when you go, I would love to follow along as would every one else would as well.

Good deal! It really is a great facility and I know you will have a great time.

Start a thread when you go, I would love to follow along as would every one else would as well.

I will do that.

Sorry guys I haven,t hit it yet but that thing is friggin ugleeeee. I certainly hope it bombs it to make up for the ugly aesthetics. I love Cally stuff but WTF!

I'm curious what you find ugly about it, the port in the sole is less obtrusive than the r11, r11S, and r1 sole plate in my opinion. It is a new technology and they want to draw attention to It on the rack so there is some extra highlighting of it.

I will do that.

What's the price for this little endeavor? I will be in So. CA later this year for my brother in laws wedding so I may want to venture down to Carlsbad.

It's $150 and they give you $100 credit if you spend $500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Word? That is damn good if you ask me... I might have to make the trek later this year....

Really excited to try this out! The numbers you guys are putting up with it are outstanding!

Word? That is damn good if you ask me... I might have to make the trek later this year....

Yeah I'd go for that deal if it wouldn't cost me about a grand to get to Carlsbad, lol.

Hit the Alpha on the launch monitor today. Swing speed was down due to me swinging a bit easier because of my shoulder. Still in love with these numbers and holy crap at my spin numbers. I'm in heaven

utabe2un.jpg

Hit the Alpha on the launch monitor today. Swing speed was down due to me swinging a bit easier because of my shoulder. Still in love with these numbers and holy crap at my spin numbers. I'm in heaven

You should just continue to swing like that. Those are solid numbers.

You should just continue to swing like that. Those are solid numbers.

Definitely not complaining. I actually moved the 7 gram weight to the toe at the recommendation of the master fitter at the shop as he noticed my ball was starting left and drawing. The weight change gave me a ball and hat starts just right of center and baby fades just left of center. Such a perfect ball flight

Nice. I still need to get this on a LM and get some data. Maybe later today or definitely tomorrow. I can't wait.

utabe2un.jpg

Those are some really solid #s!

#gamechanger

Definitely not complaining. I actually moved the 7 gram weight to the toe at the recommendation of the master fitter at the shop as he noticed my ball was starting left and drawing. The weight change gave me a ball and hat starts just right of center and baby fades just left of center. Such a perfect ball flight

What loft do you have it at? 9?

What loft do you have it at? 9?

Haha 11. I am working on hitting up on it more. Alpha is the first driver to ever give me launch over 10 and spin under 3k. Played my Amp cell at 11.5 and was 8.5 launch, 3200 spin

Haha 11. I am working on hitting up on it more. Alpha is the first driver to ever give me launch over 10 and spin under 3k. Played my Amp cell at 11.5 and was 8.5 launch, 3200 spin

So it's set at its most closed face position at 11 isn't it? How does it look all the way closed? Does it scream duck hook?

So it's set at its most closed face position at 11 isn't it? How does it look all the way closed? Does it scream duck hook?

Not at all to me. Very pleasing to my eye

I actually played around with this last night just to see and it really doesn't look closed at addressed. And I am very picky at how my driver looks at address.

I actually played around with this last night just to see and it really doesn't look closed at addressed. And I am very picky at how my driver looks at address.

Considering our prior conversations this is a massive relief!

It seems like a lot of the Grandaddy guys went with the Alpha. Who ended up going with the regular Bertha? Sorry if this is a skim!

Yessir. You will be very happy, I know it.

If I can dial it up to 10 or 11 degrees and feel comfortable at address this could be a game changer. I'm hitting up another Dicks Sporting goods tonight to try to find a demo to hit.

Thanks guys.

I'm pretty excited to get the Alpha into play. I did not see the numbers at the ECPC, but it looked like it was hitting balls a long, long way.

I'm going to have an extensive range session with it on Sunday. I'm also going to try to get the Alpha and the BB 3W on a LM tomorrow. I especially want to compare the 3W to my current gamer to verify the results that I'm seeing. I definitely want to see the numbers from the Alpha as well.

Should be fun.

It seems like a lot of the Grandaddy guys went with the Alpha. Who ended up going with the regular Bertha? Sorry if this is a skim!

I believe taylor (TexasHacker34) went with standard bertha

Back