Netflix releasing golf themed documentary called "The Short Game"

I've never heard of this, I wonder if my kids and wife would watch this and enjoy it? My oldest daughter is going to be 6 this year, maybe it would be a good thing to see kids (girls) near her age playing golf, and playing well?

The one thing I will say about the kids in this movie is that not only are they passionate but they are hard working. Getting up in the morning before school to hit balls or workout, go to school, range after school, 9 holes, more range etc..... these kids are no joke.

Loved it. However if I ever see Avery's father I may or may not punch him in the face.

Loved Allan Kournikiva. The kid from South Africa was my favorite and his family seemed to be even more amazing.

The lack of Anna K. was a bit dissappointing though.

Avery's dad feels he's the next Earl Woods. Even calling his daughter "tigeress". Gimme a break......

That trailer was really cool. I'm definitely going to have to check this out. Hopefully I'll be able to get the g/f to watch it with me.

My five and one year old say through the video laughed and had a ball watching it. When it was over the one year old grabbed my wedge a rubber tee a ball set the ball up and almost broke the TV.

Watched this the other night with the wife, she rolled her eyes at first but then thoroughly enjoyed it.

It amazes me that 7/8/9 yr olds but that much work in and truly enjoy it. Seeing all the kids have so much fun together off the course reminds of THP outings without "pops".

I felt bad for the Chinese boy and that stupid penalty. I understand the rules are rules but I still didn't like it.

The "Tigresses" dad I want to punch. His comment about not being able to afford college for his daughter and golf was her only way in ticks me off. If he took half the money he spent on her golf per yr and put it into a college fund she'd be set pretty well come college time.

Watched this the other night with the wife, she rolled her eyes at first but then thoroughly enjoyed it.

It amazes me that 7/8/9 yr olds but that much work in and truly enjoy it. Seeing all the kids have so much fun together off the course reminds of THP outings without "pops".

I felt bad for the Chinese boy and that stupid penalty. I understand the rules are rules but I still didn't like it.

The "Tigresses" dad I want to punch. His comment about not being able to afford college for his daughter and golf was her only way in ticks me off. If he took half the money he spent on her golf per yr and put it into a college fund she'd be set pretty well come college time.

A 10 stroke penalty seems a bit excessive.

And as for the college thing, you're right. No money for college, but plenty of money for G20's and a sports psychologist.

I'm glad I ran across this!! I'll have to check it out. Maybe this evening after The Big Bang Theory. Thanks for the very interesting post. I know it's over a month old, but I'm just seeing it.

Well, I just got done watching this. It was very very entertaining. I'll probably watch it again with my boys. I enjoyed all of the stories about the kids. Zama was one of my favorites, what an absolutely great attitude by him and his dad and his personality is just contagious. As far as the girl with the attitude, she comes by it honestly is all I got to say about that. The dad says all the right words, but his attitude and actions have another message. I'm guilty of that myself sometimes as a father of a hyper-competative son that has performed at a very high level in various sports. I know I've looked back at things that I've said and done while "meaning well" and been embarrassed at myself. All we can do is learn and try to be better.
Thanks for posting about this show!! Once again, very enjoyable.

Seems not to be available in The Netherlands, sucks :(

I got to watch this the other day. I can't believe how much game those kids have! It got a little hard to watch some of the attitude melt downs, but I understand that's a real part of it so was a good reminder how to properly teach my son when he gets old enough. I thought it was well worth the time to watch it, though.

My daughter watched this and I think it's one of the reason she wants to get back into golf. Maybe I need to watch this as well.

Going to watch this, while my daughter naps later. I am curious to see the parents.

I coached youth ice hockey and that taught me a lot about being a parent when my kid plays sports. It is about having fun and let your child do what they want. I had a few kids that wanted no part of hockey but where on the ice because of pushy dads. That was really depressing for me but it taught me to support my child in whatever she wants to do. My daughter does love her plastic golf set.

I'm gonna show this to my kids and hop they get more interested in golf. My son is 6 and daughter is 4. Both have clubs to use, just not super interested. They like putting though so I guess that is a start!

One thing I will comment on is that for the most part these kids are pushing themselves more than the parents are pushing it on them. That was great to see.

I especially like how the philipino kid is borderline autistic & his parents found golf as a way to help him & turns out the kid is great.

Love seeing golf being a compliment to a kids life and not the center.

One thing I will comment on is that for the most part these kids are pushing themselves more than the parents are pushing it on them. That was great to see.

I especially like how the philipino kid is borderline autistic & his parents found golf as a way to help him & turns out the kid is great.

Love seeing golf being a compliment to a kids life and not the center.

That is one thing I heard is not to push your kids to do something. You are supposed to let them fall in love with it on there own. It is not supposed to be work, it is supposed to be fun

Need to get this added to my list. Hopefully the wife will be as receptive as all of yours have been with watching this. I have been getting the comments that I'm putting to much time into my golf game as of late.

I'll have to look this up to watch with my son. Looks great.

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Just watched this tonight with my 8 year old. He really enjoyed watching kids his age go out and have fun. It also served as a great way for us to have a conversation about having fun and enjoying what you do, and not doing it just because you think it's what someone wants you to do.

Great movie, highly recommended.

A 10 stroke penalty seems a bit excessive.

And as for the college thing, you're right. No money for college, but plenty of money for G20's and a sports psychologist.

I thought 10 strokes was crazy high and the kid was 30 secs late maybe a minute.

Yeah crazy right, some things just boggle my mind.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I agree. It seemed rather chaotic when they were making announcements and from what I saw, some folks could have benefited from a translator.

I thought 10 strokes was crazy high and the kid was 30 secs late maybe a minute.

Yeah crazy right, some things just boggle my mind.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Saw this the other day. It was good, I liked it, watched it with my g/f and she enjoyed it to. It was funny watching the parents and their attitudes.

It is in fact a great documentary. Watched it with my wife and she was really into it. If you haven't seen it, put this on your queue to watch, you wont be disappointed.

Absolutely loved it. So did the wife!

Back