Bertha Came Back - What Else Would You Like?

Purely for personal nostalgic reasons, I'd think it would be pretty sweet to see Wilson Staff do something with the Augusta name again. My first set of clubs. They were pretty cheap, but still great memories of running around munis in junior high with my buddies and shanking Top Flites all over the place.

They made a conforming sets with a + on the backs , I had a set of illegal ones and 2 sets of the eye2+ sets , one in SS and Copper .
I sold the illegal set to some one for $1000 bucks as they were a very HOT item in japan and he was selling them for crazy prices to some one that exported them .

To be fair to Ping, the u-grooved Eye 2's made from 1984 to 1990 (the ones without the +'s) are still legal for most amateur play and any tournaments conducted by the USGA, while the +'s and all other Ping irons made before 2010 are now illegal for any pro, CofC and USGA amateur championships. This grandfathered exception is thanks to the settlement in Karsten's famous lawsuit with the USGA in which they were excepted if Ping agreed to stop making those old tightly-spaced square grooves. For more info on this highly convoluted issue, see Ping's website: http://www.ping.com/clubs/grooves.aspx

Last edited:
Firesole

Goldwin AVDP.

The Nike CPR hybrids with the scoop back. So easy to hit.

I love to see a modernized adjustable version of those things.

Everyone talks about the Killer Whale... I'm 99% sure Wilson still sell a club with that name. I have an old one I bought about 15 years ago for about $50 off the shelf, and I remember a new one catching my eye at academy the last time I was there. I thought at the time it was cool that the name was still around, but I've not followed them at all.

Personally I think the "Howitzer" is an awesome name for a driver.

I would LOVE to see Adam Scott tee it up with a modern remake of the Titleist Howitzer ... maybe we should petition them !!

I would like some ping zing irons and some TiSi Tech woods and a left handed two ball blade odyssey putter please

Yeah Ping Zing has a nice ring to it... Pinggg... Zinggg.... :)

Does anyone remember the driver before the Howitzer. The DCI Starship.

The Nike CPR hybrids with the scoop back. So easy to hit.

I love to see a modernized adjustable version of those things.
First hybrid I ever hit and killed that thing! Pretty sure I could play that better now than my current hybo. Coincidently, that's the only Nike club I ever got along with.

Since we are on the Big Bertha theme I'd like to see an update on the 1996 Big Bertha irons, the 04's came the closest but subsequent tries were misses.

Nike One Black/Platinum

I think it's a shame that MacGregor and Tommy Armour aren't what they used to be. Golf should have a big Scottish name in play.

King Cobra

Callaway Steelhead

Cleveland Launcher

Ping Redwood

Scotty Pro Platinum

I has not been gone for long but bringing back Burner would be great Tmag used that for a long time

Back