Columbia, SC Get Together 4/6 - 4/7.

gcruz86

Reaction score
So, Michigan Slice (CJ) and I will be heading over to Augusta 4/8 and we will be making Columbia, SC our home base for this trip. I will be flying in the Saturday night and I think CJ will arrive early Sunday. We were wondering if any of the South Carolina contingents (or any THP members who happens to be in the area) would be up to playing a round of golf either that Sunday or Monday? We would love to tee it up with other fellow THPers.

List of who's going:

1. gcruz86
2. Michigan Slice
3. Bullit5339
4. deuce
5. ir13
6. Mightyquinn
7. lightningbolt44

Last edited:
I would be down to play some golf on sunday. With it being aster week around that time, make sure you have tee times set before you come.

That's only about a 2 hour drive for me. If someone sets it up for Sunday, I could probably make it as long as it's a reasonably priced course.

Great. Sunday it is. Now, any suggestions on courses?

Have to leave one of the SC boys to choose a nice course. I can get on the interwebz and find a course if it comes down to it, but usually when I'm going 2 hours to play golf, I'm headed East to Myrtle Beach so I've never played in the Columbia area at all.

Be wary that a lot of courses in Columbia will jack up their rates around the Masters.

That said, Cobblestone Park about 20 minutes north of downtown Columbia is a really nice track. It's where the University of South Carolina golf teams play.

I'm down for anywhere. Just don't know the area very well.

Just looked up Cobblestone. Looks nice and it has 27 holes. It's also on teetimes.com for $29 a round.

Cobblestone Park looks nice but it looks like they are jacking up their price for Masters week: 80 bucks on 4/6 compared to a regular rate of 49 bucks according to their website.

I am open to all options. I am not going to speak for CJ, but it would just be fun to play a round with fellow THPers there.

I'll call around tomorrow and see what I can come up with. My wife has a friend who lives in Columbia. Will check to see if her husband belongs to a swanky CC and can get us in.

I'll call around tomorrow and see what I can come up with. My wife has a friend who lives in Columbia. Will check to see if her husband belongs to a swanky CC and can get us in.

Thanks. I'd appreciate that.

Im a member up at Mid Carolina CC in Prosperity. While its not the most scenic of courses, its a decently tough course without getting too out of hand. Could work out a good rate in the $30 range i believe, depending on how many people we have.

Leave it up to the group though, just wanted to input that.

I am open to all options. I am not going to speak for CJ, but it would just be fun to play a round with fellow THPers there.

Whatever works for the group works for me!

All pricing is for Sunday, April 6th.

Fort Jackson (military) would run $37/person with cart. $22 if we walk.

LinRick (municipal) will run $38 before noon, $30 after noon.

Oak Hills (semi private) will run $65.

Golden Hills (semi private) will run $50.

Rawls Creek (public) said they'd probably have regular holidays rates which will be between $45-$50.

Northwoods wasn't much help on nailing down pricing ... they told me something "in the range of" $45-$50. I will call back again later.

I'm game for the Mid Carolina CC in Prosperity if people are ok with the 30-40 mile jaunt west. I have an SUV so I can fit a couple people with clubs. We could do the MCCC and hit the Lake Murray Par 3 course on the way back. It's $10 and open 9 to 9.

Last edited:
Fort Jackson on Sunday 6th would run $37/person with cart. $22 if we walk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, Jackson is no big deal because I have military ID and I'm a member of the Bragg courses which means I can play for free.

I've never been to the course on Jackson, but does it have open access for civilians? One course here is open, the other you must actually enter post and I would think that going through the gate and having to be searched would be a huge turn off for most people.

For me, Jackson is no big deal because I have military ID and I'm a member of the Bragg courses which means I can play for free.

I've never been to the course on Jackson, but does it have open access for civilians? One course here is open, the other you must actually enter post and I would think that going through the gate and having to be searched would be a huge turn off for most people.
I assume it does have access, because they had rates for guest of military and federal employees (so I can get us access), but I didn't specifically inquire as to the logistics on getting to the course. If we decided that route, I can inquire a bit more.

I have played the Jackson course but it was while I was in AIT and my parents came to visit so it has been about 20 years since I have been there so suffice to say I don't remember much about it. As for getting your vehicle searched it isn't that big of a deal as I have forgotten my Military ID at work before at Bragg and had to get inspected and it was fairly painless experience. You just open all your doors, hood and trunk and show them your Drivers license and insurance and registration and you are on your way before you know it.

I have played the Jackson course but it was while I was in AIT and my parents came to visit so it has been about 20 years since I have been there so suffice to say I don't remember much about it. As for getting your vehicle searched it isn't that big of a deal as I have forgotten my Military ID at work before at Bragg and had to get inspected and it was fairly painless experience. You just open all your doors, hood and trunk and show them your Drivers license and insurance and registration and you are on your way before you know it.

Yeah. It's not a big deal, but can be a turn off for people who've never had to do it before.

Back