Natalie Gulbis surgery

truckie38

Reaction score
Handicap
was watching Butch Harmon being interviewed tonite about Phil and he just sort of threw it out there about Natalie undergoing back surgery. Really young to be doing anything with the back- even if it is laser surgery. Did not say how long she'd be out of action.

Laser back surgery?

Laser back surgery?

That's what Harmon said. Of course I don't think he has a medical background. Sounded odd to me too.

Maybe she's having a tattoo removed. One of those lower back masterpieces.

Kevin

All the article said was that she had under gone "minor laser" back surgery. Also, that she is already hitting balls in preparation for the LPGA's first tournament of 2010..

All the article said was that she had under gone "minor laser" back surgery. Also, that she is already hitting balls in preparation for the LPGA's first tournament of 2010..

Good news! I like Natalie. I hope she recovers fully. The tour needs her.

Natalie has had a recurring back injury since 2007. She had been diagnosed with a fractured vertabrae in 2008. She doesn't have implants, just a really good pushup bra and workout regimen.

Thats a shame because she has had back problems in the past, which caused he to be out of playing quite a bit.
Hopefully she can get past her medical issues, get healthy and start playing well.
Id hate to see her end up as the Anna Kournikova of golf (famous for her looks but not much game).

i thought i read somewhere or heard in some interview with her that she was born with an extra vertebrae. and the implants....could anyone really be certain?

I was born with an extra vertabre in my lower back and while I won't comment on Natalies implants or lack of, I do know that dropping 20 lbs recently has helped with the constant back pain, along with trips to the chiropratcor and massage therapists. I hope she recovers and makes a strong showing on the tour this year.

i thought i read somewhere or heard in some interview with her that she was born with an extra vertebrae. and the implants....could anyone really be certain?

I know she's got the extra vertabra.

Yeah, I'm certain she doesn't have implants. 1) I've met her several times, and they are perky, but not that big. 2) On her TV show she and Christie Kerr joked about getting them someday. Natalie's breasts at that time are the same size they are now. 3) Just look at her skimpy swimsuit calendars where she can't wear the extensive pushup bra - they are not very big at all.

i can confirm that having the right under-apparatus does indeed work wonders. it really makes no difference whether she does or doesn't re: implants. i mean really? who cares.

it really makes no difference whether she does or doesn't re: implants. i mean really? who cares.

Either way, she is still as cute as a cocker spaniel puppy.:D

I know she's got the extra vertabra.

Because you know who she stole it from?

Yeah, I'm certain she doesn't have implants. 1) I've met her several times, and they are perky, but not that big. 2) On her TV show she and Christie Kerr joked about getting them someday. Natalie's breasts at that time are the same size they are now. 3) Just look at her skimpy swimsuit calendars where she can't wear the extensive pushup bra - they are not very big at all.

That's exactly what I think too.

Either way, she is still as cute as a cocker spaniel puppy.:D

Forget her looks, I keep hearing at the show that she is one of the nicest and easiest people to work with. And I like that she always has a big smile on her face when she putts out and she waves to the crowd when she leaves a hole. Also, from the few episodes of her GC show, I get the feeling she is very bright.

In addition to the reputation as a nice person, she's clearly very media/business savvy. I wouldn't choose her marketing techniques, but if it works for her...

As a practical matter, implants for a professional golfer make no sense. They'd just get in the way of the swing. I'm truly not trying to sound catty/lascivious/whatever here, but almost everyone on the LPGA is fairly small chested. It's an advantage.

but almost everyone on the LPGA is fairly small chested. It's an advantage.

i guess i've really never paid much attention, but you could be onto something. that may be what's holding me back from going really low. i've played for more than half my life (and that's a lot of years) and just kind of work around it. they've always been there so my swing developed accordingly.

jan stephenson comes to mind. and the only reason she does is every time i walk out of the bathroom at the pub up the road from the course....

Spoiler
x4fm_jansxp.jpg

...that is what's hanging on the wall.

I'm truly not trying to sound catty/lascivious/whatever here, but almost everyone on the LPGA is fairly small chested. It's an advantage.

yentl2.jpg

Simple as that, and those events took place well before the invention of duct tape.

Kevin

i guess i've really never paid much attention, but you could be onto something. that may be what's holding me back from going really low. i've played for more than half my life (and that's a lot of years) and just kind of work around it. they've always been there so my swing developed accordingly.

jan stephenson comes to mind. and the only reason she does is every time i walk out of the bathroom at the pub up the road from the course....

Spoiler
x4fm_jansxp.jpg

...that is what's hanging on the wall.

I went to a clinic Cindy Miller did a few years back, and she did an hysterical riff on the whole thing--do you put your hands over them? Around them? Under them? It was an all-female audience, and we were in stiches.

Hey, they could have had this one.

Spoiler
240jan_stephenson,0.jpg

Back