SeeMore Putters Thread

Sometimes you just have to say WTF and just do it! I did that last week and now have a DB4 coming my way. And I have always hated plumbers necks but amtrying to be more open minded....

Hope it works out. If not I might know a guy.
Im bidding on 2 seemores online as we speak. Good times

Immholdomg out until after my fitting Monday at Club Champion. Then I'm going to start rebuilding my bag and will look for a second Seemore.

Great plan sir! My intention when I got into the SeeMore event was to wait until I got there to get properly fitted prior to buying any more. Have picked up two more since then..... #NoWillPower

Working on it. Just put a small bid on another one.. so an si4 pcb and si5. Im just hoping I dont win all three lmao.

Working on it. Just put a small bid on another one.. so an si4 pcb and si5. Im just hoping I dont win all three lmao.

You can never have too much SeeMore in your life! #SeeJman

Last edited:
This is true, plus the OneCs does need some support. 2 are in pretty good shape, 1 is a little rough. I have a plan for that one..its very g14 classified...

Watching the Pat O'Brien video JB posted today has helped me quite a bit. I was fit for a 37" putter and then went to a 40" counterbalanced model. The video helped me realize that my hands have crept up the shaft and I was standing too tall. How do you guys with counterbalanced putters make sure your hands are in the same spot everytime? I have started to use the logo on the grip to keep me in the same spot and it has been a huge help.

On another namebrand putter I use the logo as well. One I find the right spot I just memorize where my left thumb goes..

Watching the Pat O'Brien video JB posted today has helped me quite a bit. I was fit for a 37" putter and then went to a 40" counterbalanced model. The video helped me realize that my hands have crept up the shaft and I was standing too tall. How do you guys with counterbalanced putters make sure your hands are in the same spot everytime? I have started to use the logo on the grip to keep me in the same spot and it has been a huge help.

That's always been a major turnoff for me. Obviously when your hands are in the sweet spot you can make note of where they are based on the grip details, however, I love the ability to just lock in at the top of a standard length grip.

That's always been a major turnoff for me. Obviously when your hands are in the sweet spot you can make note of where they are based on the grip details, however, I love the ability to just lock in at the top of a standard length grip.

I have been messing with both lengths for a while this morning and I am really enjoying the standard length putter. I am going to spend quite a bit of time with this over the next few days and then decide what I plan to do for 2014 because this is not something I want in the back of my mind.

I have been messing with both lengths for a while this morning and I am really enjoying the standard length putter. I am going to spend quite a bit of time with this over the next few days and then decide what I plan to do for 2014 because this is not something I want in the back of my mind.

I see a ton of benefit for what counterbalance does, and I'll never mock or laugh at people who use it because I think there's plenty of merit in it -- It's just not for me. Where that design stops the hands motion of moving the butt end of the putter off the center of the body, I think a bit of practice on the putting green will make everyone capable of keeping the butt of the grip pointed at the belly button all the way through the stroke.

I will say for CB though, that added length sure ends up being a headcover saver when in the bag haha!

I would be curious to know what Pat's thoughts are on the CB putters.

I see a ton of benefit for what counterbalance does, and I'll never mock or laugh at people who use it because I think there's plenty of merit in it -- It's just not for me. Where that design stops the hands motion of moving the butt end of the putter off the center of the body, I think a bit of practice on the putting green will make everyone capable of keeping the butt of the grip pointed at the belly button all the way through the stroke.

I will say for CB though, that added length sure ends up being a headcover saver when in the bag haha!

Maybe Jman has it worked out. Standard length with the counter balance vs. the additional 3 inches.

Maybe Jman has it worked out. Standard length with the counter balance vs. the additional 3 inches.

This is what I have gone to as it feels much more comfortable to me. 36in gripping down a half inch with a 30g weight in the butt

Ive been working on this exact thing with my one cs. I dont have an engineer ing degree but I researched propper weighting and have had a rather great experience thus far.

Howzat. Isnt a 40 inch putter close to a belly putter? I know a 42 is just right for me? Just wondering. Ive actually pondered going back to a belly putter. I kinda miss it ...

Ive been working on this exact thing with my one cs. I dont have an engineer ing degree but I researched propper weighting and have had a rather great experience thus far.

Howzat. Isnt a 40 inch putter close to a belly putter? I know a 42 is just right for me? Just wondering. Ive actually pondered going back to a belly putter. I kinda miss it ...

When I say standard length for me that means 37". Counterbalanced for me is 40" and Belly would be 45". At 6'2" this is what I was fit for by an SPi instructor.

Balance point is huge for a lot of people, and the full CB putters achieve that. IMO there is a LOT of merit to it and there is a reason we are seeing so many OEM's put out almost belly or CB'd putters, added weight at both ends allows a balance that frees many people up through their putting strokes and takes the jerkiness out. Can it be achieved with a standard putter and practice? Sure, but lets remember right or wrong not everyone goes out and spends hours on the putting green so if they can pick up a putter at 39" and that allows for a more centered and repeatable stroke, the merit is definitely there and the science behind it makes sense as well. I don't think counterbalance is going anywhere, with the bell ban we will see more and more models offered this way because if effectively helps achieve the same baseline principle.

For me, I have moved to a more traditional length most of the time at 36.5" (still have 2 CB's I put into play and will keep doing so though) but they are effectively "counter balanced", the weight ratios of head-weight to butt weight added is clearly lessened compared to a full 39" counterbalance, but this has allowed me to get the balance point a little higher in the putters and free up my stroke, it has for a fact eliminated jerkiness for me. Its amazing what a little weight in specific areas can do for people.

Balance point is huge for a lot of people, and the full CB putters achieve that. IMO there is a LOT of merit to it and there is a reason we are seeing so many OEM's put out almost belly or CB'd putters, added weight at both ends allows a balance the frees many people up through their putting strokes and takes the jerkiness out. Can it be achieved with a standard putter and practice? Sure, but lets remember right or wrong not everyone goes out and spends hours on the putting green so if they can pick up a putter at 39" and that allows for a more centered and repeatable stroke, the merit is definitely there and the science behind it makes sense as well. I don't think counterbalance is going anywhere, with the bell ban we will see more and more models offered this way because if effectively helps achieve the same baseline principle.

For me, I have moved to a more traditional length most of the time at 36.5" (still have 2 CB's I put into play and will keep doing so though) but they are effectively "counter balanced", the weight ratios of head-weight to butt weight added is clearly lessened compared to a full 39" counterbalance, but this has allowed me to get the balance point a little higher in the putters and free up my stroke, it has for a fact eliminated jerkiness for me. Its amazing what a little weight in specific areas can do for people.

A lot of good info there and I am not dismissing CB putters at all. I very much like them but I don't like having to double check my grip position before each putt. It is throwing me out of a very comforatable routine at the moment. The interesting thing is I actually pulled the 14.3g weights out of my z2c and put the 5.6g weights in and I am enjoying rolling it with the lighter headweight.

A lot of good info there and I am not dismissing CB putters at all. I very much like them but I don't like having to double check my grip position before each putt. It is throwing me out of a very comforatable routine at the moment. The interesting thing is I actually pulled the 14.3g weights out of my z2c and put the 5.6g weights in and I am enjoying rolling it with the lighter headweight.

FWIW, I put a mark of electrical tape on my two CB's when I take them out to demarcate where my hands are supposed to be, simple and helps a ton.

I've seen numerous guys roll counterbalance but only have about an inch above their hands -- Personal preference I suppose.

I'll stick with my 34.5 for now haha!

I've seen numerous guys roll counterbalance but only have about an inch above their hands -- Personal preference I suppose.

I'll stick with my 34.5 for now haha!

I think it does take some trial and error to find that sweet spot.

I might have found the love of my life just in time for Valentines day!! It finally came in today and is everything I hoped it would be and more!!

20140213_135405.jpg20140213_135503.jpg20140213_135601.jpg

Back