774931650_7iG3G-L.jpg

774931774_Qk5Pf-L.jpg

774931882_9PMKK-L.jpg

774931372_VoHX2-L.jpg

774932044_oZcUn-L.jpg

774932586_9DBHM-L.jpg

774932732_4aWBH-L.jpg

Last edited:
nice staff bag and blade irons. seems like Wilson's putting a lot of stuff out this year.

I don't know why I haven't thought much of Wilson golf clubs in the past but these are some nice looking clubs. I know their fybrid did well in the hybrid shootout. I might have to take a peek at these things when I get the chance.

P.S. Did the picture of the Mizuno tent accidentally end up in the mix from the mass amount of pictures you all are sorting through or were they neighbors?

P.S. Did the picture of the Mizuno tent accidentally end up in the mix from the mass amount of pictures you all are sorting through or were they neighbors?

I didn't even notice that.

The new DFY clubs are interesting, half graphite half steel, to hit.
I tried them out last weekend during the GolfFest in Orlando.
I hit them pretty good, farther my normal 7i.

Great looking Tour blades and I like the forged CB's as well. Wilson had a great name, these clubs look like they are returning to their roots. That has got to be good for them.

• Admin
I don't know why I haven't thought much of Wilson golf clubs in the past but these are some nice looking clubs. I know their fybrid did well in the hybrid shootout. I might have to take a peek at these things when I get the chance.

Oops! That was totally my mistake. I had about 5 windows open and I was trying to add pictures to each window and I must have thought I opened the Mizuno window so I put it there. Good catch, I just fixed that thanks!

Wilson makes equipment that is good enough for one of the top players in the world, should be good enough for most people. I hit a Smooth driver at the Golf Expo yesterday and it is a great club, smooth is the right word, also a very good sound to it and a solid feel. Similar to the feel and sound of a persimmon club. Hit 3 or 4 balls very solid right on the screws with almost no warmup. I also hit a 3W that was very solid, along with a 4W/hybrid with a half steel and half graphite shaft that looks funny but hit great. I haven't hit all the different clubs I want to try out this winter as yet, but if I had to make a decision now it would be the Smooth. I hit their forged blades also and they were really solid. I am not going to get blades next time I need to look at irons but anyone looking at blades should hit these before buying anything.

Wilson makes equipment that is good enough for one of the top players in the world, should be good enough for most people. I hit a Smooth driver at the Golf Expo yesterday and it is a great club, smooth is the right word, also a very good sound to it and a solid feel. Similar to the feel and sound of a persimmon club. Hit 3 or 4 balls very solid right on the screws with almost no warmup. I also hit a 3W that was very solid, along with a 4W/hybrid with a half steel and half graphite shaft that looks funny but hit great. I haven't hit all the different clubs I want to try out this winter as yet, but if I had to make a decision now it would be the Smooth. I hit their forged blades also and they were really solid. I am not going to get blades next time I need to look at irons but anyone looking at blades should hit these before buying anything.

Ironically he does not play their driver.

Ironically he does not play their driver.

The fact that he doesn't play their driver really doesn't matter very much in my opinion, any more than Tiger not using a Nike putter or a Ping or Callaway player hitting Cleveland or Vokey wedges. Doesn't mean they can't make good equipment.

The fact that he doesn't play their driver really doesn't matter very much in my opinion, any more than Tiger not using a Nike putter or a Ping or Callaway player hitting Cleveland or Vokey wedges. Doesn't mean they can't make good equipment.

You are absolutely right. I dont think any tour player matters personally. You had said that "one of the best players in the world uses it, so its good enough for everybody else"

how many players have...

how many players have...

...all of a single manufacturer in their bag ? Very few. The Smooth driver was in Harrington's bag for a while, but he needed his driver to do things other than what it is designed to do.

Pj - you are so right on those forged blades. Soft as butter. Wish I could put maybe a 7 through wedge in my bag.

You are absolutely right. I dont think any tour player matters personally. You had said that "one of the best players in the world uses it, so its good enough for everybody else"

Nothing I wrote was incorrect in any way. I know that PH plays Wilson irons and I did not indicate that he played the Smooth Driver, nothing in my post even implied that. I said Wilson equipment in general was good enough not specifically the driver. Looking at his personal website though it does say he switched to a Smooth driver from a previous Wilson model sometime last year so he does play their drivers and has played that driver or one similar. If it means nothing why do equipment companies pay them millions to play their equipment?

Actually he does not play their driver. He switched to the Smooth last year for 2 events and then dropped it.

JB do you know what model 5w Paddy hit on Sunday in the British Open when he took control against Norman?

Re: Wilson Staff Demo Day

ddec0418 said:
JB do you know what model 5w Paddy hit on Sunday in the British Open when he took control against Norman?

Fybrid. I love it!!!!

Back