New Wilson Staff C100 Irons - Preview Thread

With these being designated as "Control" irons, I hope they don't go with long shafts. When I think off control, I think of precise shots. The longer the shafts, the less control they'll have.

Leave the distance irons to the D100s.

That's sort of a broad statement in my opinion. Either way, my guess is they'll be longer. C series has become more geared towards distance with the last couple offerings. They've got a pretty huge iron line at the moment though. The FG Tour M3's may be more your style.

So far these are on my list for the 2014 bag. A little more rounded toe than Wilson
latest offerings . I liked the ci11's but hit them a little lower than I like being a low ball hitter. The ci11 felt a little hard to my liking, maybe just me.
I like the look . So far the 714 ap1 , Apex , and these have caught my eye.
gb

On the fence with the look of these so would want to see them in hand before I would decide whether to hit them or not

I'm not feeling it either pmm21, I agree with you...just doesn't feel right. I've never been a huge fan of Wilson Staff in general. I guess I can't get past the ole "fat shaft" irons and how hyped those were before they came out and bombed.

The Fat Shaft bombed? Somebody should tell Wilson, since they kept selling them through 2013 :) (my Di11's have them).

i KEEP WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO SAY, "Do these make my butt look big" Somebody hit one and tell us how they feel….

E80EA341-5A4E-487C-8E78-F502D04E31BD_zpshy9ymw0x.jpg

7B1A9EF3-6663-4D80-8F7C-0D9F6814828C_zpsfpmrcleg.jpg

0015F180-6CED-4763-B55C-C0CDDEB82010_zps9zvbcdjn.jpg

The C100's are the middle ground between the FG Tour M3 and the D100's. Basically what we have is a less demanding FG Tour M3 and the distance of the D100's.

These irons were extremely easy to hit but also were slightly receptive to off center hits. These really delivered in the feel and the looks department. The two tone color on the sole is pretty nice.

The sole width is in the middle of the F and D irons as well. Really packs a punch and is extremely pure when well struck.

The rep himself said that he was going to play these irons in 2014, that's how much he thought about them.

Another solid offering for 2014.

They look a bit 2.0'ish to me and appear to have a very good bit of offset.

Sounds like they performed quite well though.

A little fat bottomed & more offset when compared to past C series irons. The older C series irons seemed more like Game Enhancement irons, while these are more Game Improvement.

But I'll still hit them when I can find some to demo.

A little fat bottomed & more offset when compared to past C series irons. The older C series irons seemed more like Game Enhancement irons, while these are more Game Improvement.

But I'll still hit them when I can find some to demo.

I would still say they are game enhancement, but they are definitely similar to the D's in that regard (sole). The D's remind me a ton if the altitudes. I feel like a monkey could swing them well. These take a bit more effort IMO.

I finally got a chance to hit these on Sunday. Unfortunately it was off a mat, into a net, w/ no monitor.

My biggest concern going in was the offset. I thought I would not be comfortable with the amount of offset these appeared to have in the pics. Well I am happy to report that the offset was not nearly as pronounced in hand as it seemed in the pics.

I can't say much about distance or accuracy due to the conditions mentioned above, but center shots had that great pure feeling & I got good feed back when I missed towards the toe or heel.

I look forward to getting some quality time with these irons.

Just sitting here thinking back about how I really enjoyed my time with these irons. I think that this line is probably the line that would fit the most golfers. Just a great feeling iron that feels pure. I thought that the enlarged sole on these would bother me, but it really didn't.

I love a club with offset ... gotta try these out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone gotten any more time on these irons? Would liketo see how they compare to the other brands. The local pro shop didn’t have anyon hand to try out.

I have played one round with them. They were solid in a good blend of performance and forgiveness. Ball flew lower than I expected, but definitely not too low.

I have played one round with them. They were solid in a good blend of performance and forgiveness. Ball flew lower than I expected, but definitely not too low.

I know these were the next progression from the Ci11s...would you say the 100s are a marked improvement over their predecessors?

I know these were the next progression from the Ci11s...would you say the 100s are a marked improvement over their predecessors?

Was about to ask the same thing. Looking at picking up a set of Ci11's which are stupid cheap right now, and want to know if these are worth the extra dough.

hard to say on improvement, but they are quite different. They sound different right at impact to me. But again, I was limited. If I had to pick up a set, it would be these over the 11s however.

Although I have a feeling those that get into #PersonalDistance w/ THP and Wilson Staff in a few months, might get some major knowledge coming their way.

hard to say on improvement, but they are quite different. They sound different right at impact to me. But again, I was limited. If I had to pick up a set, it would be these over the 11s however.

Although I have a feeling those that get into #PersonalDistance w/ THP and Wilson Staff in a few months, might get some major knowledge coming their way.

Oh snap. Love knowledge bombs being dropped about Wilson.

I still think these are one of the best looking sets of irons I've ever see. Doubt I'll ever get to hit them, but sure are pretty!

The C-100s were what I was fit into on the their website. I wonder if they offer other shafts in the steel other than the True Temper that's on their site.

I currently swing the D-100's and they are pretty damn easy to hit. When I hit one on the screws, the ball just carries and with penetrating ball flight. I might have to take a look at these the next time I visit the golf store, and give my D-100's to my future father-in-law. The only gripe I have about the D-100's is the lofts between each club. I may have to close up the gaps between each iron. My homework has begun.

How do the c100 compare to the Mizuno JPX EZ and Speedblades?

I still think these are one of the best looking sets of irons I've ever see. Doubt I'll ever get to hit them, but sure are pretty!
My course pro is a lover of Wilson (rightly so!) and usually gets some demo stuff in when the time comes. That said, I was able to grab a 6i last night and hit about 15 balls with it, and let me tell you, I really liked it. They look great and I thought were the best feeling of any C or D model before these.

My course pro is a lover of Wilson (rightly so!) and usually gets some demo stuff in when the time comes. That said, I was able to grab a 6i last night and hit about 15 balls with it, and let me tell you, I really liked it. They look great and I thought were the best feeling of any C or D model before these.

Love hearing this. Wilson Staff seems to make a darn good product, I'd love to see them able to step up the notability factor as they just do get their share of recognition.

Back