Lamkin UTx Grips - THP Preview

Regripped a couple of clubs with the UTx grip today. I have been use the Crossline Ace 3 gen grip for the last year. In comparison the UTx grip feels slightly tackier and a lot firmer than the Ace 3gen. Having tried the NDMC grip i don't feel the UTx is near as abrasive as the NDMC.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Regripped a couple of clubs with the UTx grip today. I have been use the Crossline Ace 3 gen grip for the last year. In comparison the UTx grip feels slightly tackier and a lot firmer than the Ace 3gen. Having tried the NDMC grip i don't feel the UTx is near as abrasive as the NDMC.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Agreed, I'm seeing the same grip I saw from those, but with the 3Gen in it the abrasiveness isn't there. Its a unique blend.

I decided to pick up a few of these to try out on my hybrids and driver. I got a few red and one blue. I will update with my thoughts when I get a chance to get them on and swing some clubs.

At the range Thursday I finally got to use the UTx for an extended period of time. Also I was able to compare them to the crossline ace and rel 3gen. Of the three the UTx really stood out to me. The tackiness in the cold weather was fantastic while still maintaining a soft feel similar to the other grips. The appearance of the grips isn't the greatest, tough to beat the rel 3gen and iline. However what the UTx lack in appearance they more than make up for in performace.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Agreed, I'm seeing the same grip I saw from those, but with the 3Gen in it the abrasiveness isn't there. Its a unique blend.
I'm liking what I hear so far. I can't remember, do you play with it without a glove? I prefer to play without, but it doesn't always happen. With NDMC comparison and 3Gen softness, it sounds like these would be a perfect match for those who prefer to go without a glove.

My local Golftown has a BOGO grip sale on this month so I am having the UTX grips installed on all clubs. Don't like the colour combo's so I went with the all black grip. Having played Crossline grips for a long time I like the feel of the UTX better. Looking forward to getting them out in the spring.

Another day, another positive mindset about these in practice and on course.

The performance is there IMO, but as we can tell by the various comments the looks will be an issue for some and not for others which is why i was glad to see them bring the all black version. I like the contrast of the blue ones, but others don't, at least with different options there should be a way for anyone to get one that is ok with them aesthetically and try them.

Another day, another positive mindset about these in practice and on course.

The performance is there IMO, but as we can tell by the various comments the looks will be an issue for some and not for others which is why i was glad to see them bring the all black version. I like the contrast of the blue ones, but others don't, at least with different options there should be a way for anyone to get one that is ok with them aesthetically and try them.

Saw them today at GG and Nerfny mentioned the interesting look to them too. Like you, I said its a grip that will get noticed if in the color options but if you don't like that you can go all black.

Saw them today at GG and Nerfny mentioned the interesting look to them too. Like you, I said its a grip that will get noticed if in the color options but if you don't like that you can go all black.

Great minds sir, great minds!

Grabbed the last four of these today at the PGA SS after my lesson. They only had midsize grips which was a plus. I was expecting more from the initial pics that were first posted, but after feeling them out and remembering what they had to offer, I took them anyway. Placed them on my 48, 52, and 64 wedges with additional wraps for a oversized grip feel. I really liked how they made the bottom of the grip very flexible so they slide on to the shaft really easy even if you decide to slap on extra wraps. I went with +4 on the wedges.

Great minds sir, great minds!

I'm going to grab some when I get back from TX. Probably throw some on the wedges. Still waiting on those tour velvet supertack too.

I'm going to grab some when I get back from TX. Probably throw some on the wedges. Still waiting on those tour velvet supertack too.

So many good grips coming out lately, just like equipment we (consumers) are benefitting from all this for sure.

Another day with the UTx's out and about on range and course.

Warmed up to the 70's today so they have been played in 40's, 50's, 60's, and 70's and the tack has been good at all temps, as it warms up though they do hold even better which really allows for a loose tension free grip. No twisting for me in partial or full shots either. Durability of uses and in and out of the bag is holding great as well.

Another day with the UTx's out and about on range and course.

Warmed up to the 70's today so they have been played in 40's, 50's, 60's, and 70's and the tack has been good at all temps, as it warms up though they do hold even better which really allows for a loose tension free grip. No twisting for me in partial or full shots either. Durability of uses and in and out of the bag is holding great as well.

Like hearing that a lot. As your temperatures begin to rise a little but more, it'll be interesting to hear how they hold up in higher humidity and temperatures. For me, the 3Gen grip really didn't do very well in those conditions.

Like hearing that a lot. As your temperatures begin to rise a little but more, it'll be interesting to hear how they hold up in higher humidity and temperatures. For me, the 3Gen grip really didn't do very well in those conditions.

It didn't for most IMO. But the textures and tech in these should hold up well, impressive.

I play a Lamkin full cord grip without a glove do you think these would hold up and not twist bare handed in a little humidity or rain?

I play a Lamkin full cord grip without a glove do you think these would hold up and not twist bare handed in a little humidity or rain?

I just don't see twisting being an issue, they aren't as abrasive as full cords, but they have plenty of texture to them. But, everyone is different for sure, I just don't see them not holding up.

These could be my grips for this season. I played Sunday morning in low 60's with a heavy fog. The fog felt like it was misty, everything was damp including the grips. I had no issue with the clubs slipping or twisting in my hands. I was down to these or the I-lines. I like a grip that has some give to it but not squishy. The Ace 3gens I am playing now are on the squishy side. I also played several shots with no glove and the UTx grip was not so abrasive that it hurt my hands. I am hoping it gets a little hot over the next couple of weeks so I can see how these handle sweaty hands.

So, I actually poured water on the grip on one of the holes and then used it gloveless and wet for the sake of curiosity, had no issues. Was pretty cool to see to be honest.

Going to sit down tonight and start putting this one to paper, Lamkin really seems to be on a roll right now.

I'll be putting these on my clubs tonight and hope to get out to the range this weekend, cant wait!

I'll be putting these on my clubs tonight and hope to get out to the range this weekend, cant wait!

Same here, except I already got the regripped. Getting cabin fever with all the snow and garbage weather.

Just had another 6 inches of snow last night, but its supposed to warm up to the mid to upper 40's here. Will be nice to be able to get outside and put these through some full swing paces.

ygaje8u6.jpg

Just threw these on the wedges. We'll try and get them to the range tomorrow.

Last edited:
Just got a bunch of the RED UTx on sale at Golftown...half price until the 28th.

One guy said it was like looking at dead salmon, but I like the look of them. Still deciding on if to get the Covert Tour 2.0 or just put my grip on the 1.0 Tour I got already.

I got these in the range during my lesson today and was pleasantly surprised. The temp was 38 and the wind was up a bit. I took about 10/15 swings with these I liked these. Soft but firm. Plenty of grip for any swing. Wasn't sure what I would think if these with the colder conditions, but these seemed to be the real deal. No slippage and quite comfortable. I will get in a few rounds this weekend and get some thoughts together.

Last edited:
Back