Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter Preview

Thanks Jman,
This MXM line up is getting intetesting. Is their any other models of the MXM coming, that you know of?

What they have in the lineup now is going to be the line this year. However you never know what's in store down the road.

I played the #7 today and rolled it really well. War Eagle and I played on crazy fast greens, but the putter put a good roll on it for me and its a shape that is very fitting for my eye.

Just got mine the other day and love it. I had to make some changes with the weights and now this thing is perfect.

I love my #7

Rap-a-tap Tappin' on my SG4

MXM#7 is great. I have better control on longer putts & makes short putts easy. I love how the #7 frames the ball. The ball just seems to roll so true & I even drained a 60ft birdie with it. Needless to say its a keeper.

Big fan of the #6. I finally found one to roll and although the plastic was still on the head I really liked how it set up behind the ball. I really didn't care for the amount of offset of the #1 and the solution is the #6 for me. Also rolled the #7 and was very impressed. It just wants to set square behind the ball at address. I'm not used to rolling a mallet style putter so it took a few rolls to get my stroke used to the feel but after a while I drained more long putts than any other putter I tried.

Rolled these today. While I love the look they didn't wow me

Fell a little bit back to earth today with the #7. 26 putts yesterday (in large part to some great wedge play) to 32 putts today. I still love how the 7 frames the ball and the roll is great. Have to get my distances down a little better, but this is a winner and my last putter for a while.

Bumping for all the pondering going on this evening

I will have one eventually. So much awesome went into the design of these.

Rolling them at the show affirmed that for me, the Versa models look SICK.

And that, my friend, is why it will be my next golf purchase come April.

Super Stroke Midnight Slim 3.0 is amazing. Love the look on my #7
2yqypura.jpg

Have not gamed the MXM #7 on greens, but I find myself wanting the MXMV #7 too. Looks stunning.

I've been rolling mine on my birdie ball green, and while it took a few days, I have completely forgotten about that Scotty guy. I put a Super Stroke Slim 2.0 on and things are just about automatic from 3-8 feet. Getting better from 9-12 too. This putter feels great and looks amazing at set up. Set it down, put a good stroke on the ball and watch it roll in the hole.

Yeah. I really need to try the Versa MXM when it is released. It looks awesome.

Things are working better for me with the MXM. I changed to the lightest weights, and it's now comparable weight wise to the Versa. Feels much more comfortable, as I feel like I control the distance much better.

Pretty good chance I get out to play tomorrow. We'll see how it works.

I originally wasnt a fan of the versa 90 design but its slowly growing on me the more I roll it in the original versa models in the store. Lets just say that all of my putters are on a very short leash this spring...the MXM versa #7 is calling out to me.

I posted this in the Odyssey thread already, but it is probably a better fit here. I met with my National Account Manager and he let me test the MXM Versa, but he kept following me around the green so I couldn't sneak it out of there. It rolls just like the standard MXM and the silver color looks great behind the ball.

v65gs6.jpg

3322k3n.jpg

Is it just me or does this face hold on to the ball really well? Like, skidding well.

Is it just me or does this face hold on to the ball really well? Like, skidding well.

Actually prevented skidding for me because of the grip of the pockets, same with the MX inserts. Super quick forward roll. Maybe a loft thing for ya?

I am buying one the second I get home. #7 you will be mine!

Actually prevented skidding for me because of the grip of the pockets, same with the MX inserts. Super quick forward roll. Maybe a loft thing for ya?

Maybe. Easiest thing to do is drop the GoPro on the grass and record at 120fps and see first hand.

Maybe. Easiest thing to do is drop the GoPro on the grass and record at 120fps and see first hand.

I would very much like to see this.

Wish I could roll the #9, but I come straight through.

Just received my MXM putter yesterday and although I won't be able to take it to an outside putting green for probably 5-6 weeks I must say this putter has a very unique feel (milled putter w/chem milled face), unlike any other putter that I have used. Interesting!

Just received my MXM putter yesterday and although I won't be able to take it to an outside putting green for probably 5-6 weeks I must say this putter has a very unique feel (milled putter w/chem milled face), unlike any other putter that I have used. Interesting!

Congrats, what # did you get?

Congrats, what # did you get?

Rossie. Decision was easy once I saw they went back to the old build of the big Rossie (like a kid in a candy store). Take care.

Back