Long game fitting at Club Champion

What surprises me is that you did not have 2-3 driver combinations that stood out and would also give the fitter ideas about what other combos would work. While a very nice shaft, the AD-DI is not magic and they probably had something else there that would approximate its performance (granted possibly with a different feel). I am also amazed that after the hybrid and fairway wood fitting (which would have showed you were a high spin player) he would have started you with the stock stiff shaft. Were you getting erratic ball speed readings (not making center contact) in the fitting?
I know the AD-DI is not the end-all-be-all shaft and actually the Oban was quite nice but it was hard getting over the harshness that I feel from TM woods despite fairly decent results. I probably should have said that. I didn't hit any head, driver or otherwise, with a shaft that was a stock offering for that club the entire time. That is another thing that I thought was a little odd.

By your description it sounds like he was inexperienced or did not have a plan when you walked in the door - I just don't see the rhyme or reason to what he was doing. I'm not sure what OEM accounts he has at this time but you are not too far from one of the best clubfitters in the world - Dana Upshaw in Warner-Robins. Again not sure he has Callaway but I have learned a ton from him at conferences and watched him give a demonstration fitting that was amazing. I think his personality will work very well with yours and you will walk out of there completely understanding the process and results.

I know the AD-DI is not the end-all-be-all shaft and actually the Oban was quite nice but it was hard getting over the harshness that I feel from TM woods despite fairly decent results. I probably should have said that. I didn't hit any head, driver or otherwise, with a shaft that was a stock offering for that club the entire time. That is another thing that I thought was a little odd.

By your description it sounds like he was inexperienced or did not have a plan when you walked in the door - I just don't see the rhyme or reason to what he was doing. I'm not sure what OEM accounts he has at this time but you are not too far from one of the best clubfitters in the world - Dana Upshaw in Warner-Robins. Again not sure he has Callaway but I have learned a ton from him at conferences and watched him give a demonstration fitting that was amazing. I think his personality will work very well with yours and you will walk out of there completely understanding the process and results.
Thanks for all the help and insight.

Back