Cutting My scotty Cameron Putter

Eagle

Reaction score
Handicap
Shipped my putter Via UPS from Ontario Canada, to Scotty Cameron Custom shop .Had a inch taken off my 34 inch Newport Notchback,and the weights changed to 20 grams and the stock grip replaced (mandatory).The cost of the custom work was 45$ for the weights and 15 for grip .I had free shipping one way because the store I had purchased the original putter from, shipped it for me for free.
My final bill today in Canadian dollars came to a total 0f 182.66 for me to see my putter back again which customs, duties and taxes.
Should have installed the Chinese weights I bought on e bay and had it done here .Unbelievable!!!.
Thought we had free trade with the USA.

wow that is ridiculous! could have bought a second used scotty for that!

Had my putter shortened at the local golf shop 1 1/2 inches. Reused the grip. Cost me $45RM or $15US. Finished by the time I was finished at the range. I know it's a "Scotty" but frankly it's just a putter... Any competent golf shop can work on it.

wow that is ridiculous! could have bought a second used scotty for that!

That's why I am posting. It would have been cheaper to buy new and sell my 34.Scotty web site should warn you the costs that are involved.

$60 for the work from Scotty Cameron isn't that bad at all. The other 122.66 is a problem with the shipping company and Government not Scotty. Read the following from the Scotty Cameron website (http://www.scottycameron.com/store-info/Shipping-Info.aspx)

For international orders, shipping costs shown on your order do not include duties, taxes or other import fees assessed by governments outside the United States. You may be subject to additional import duties, taxes or fees assessed once your shipment(s) reaches the destination country. These costs may vary and are your responsibility as they are not within the control of the Acushnet Company. When you order goods to be shipped to a foreign country, the recipient is the importer of record and must comply with all local laws and regulations in connection with the shipment. Please note that the value of your order(s) must be listed on the outside of your package for customs purposes. Customs may elect to open your package(s) and inspect all goods. Please contact your local customs authorities with any questions regarding fees and inspections.

Last edited:
For what you had done why did you feel the need to send it back to Scotty? weights are just held in with an allen screw and grips can be done anywhere

For what you had done why did you feel the need to send it back to Scotty? weights are just held in with an allen screw and grips can be done anywhere

Scotty weights aren't allen head.

I'm not sure if you can go back to the customs broker now, but I'm guessing the paper work was not filled out clearly to state that the putter was originally bought in Canada and just sent for repair/alteration. See this site http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/dm-md/d8/d8-2-10-eng.html you shouldn't have been charged any duty from the way I read it.

That's bullcrap right there. I agree with Saskey that you might want to look into it.

That's bullcrap right there. I agree with Saskey that you might want to look into it.
I am in a letter writing campaign with the ups lady from states.She is saying there is usually a 90 dollar charge to open up a complaint but she is willing to put it to 35 dollars.

as far as the Scotty Cameron web site is concerned they do let you know that you are reasonable for the duties and taxes, but they Definitly do not warn you that you could pay triple the costs of the repair.
that is why I am posting on this form.If Scotty Camerion does not warn you of the costs of shipping and duties and taxes then it is up to the users of theses forms to let other user know what they could be in for.
I am taking this as a lesson learned the hard way but hopefully someone else will read this post and at least know what the cost could add up to.

Wow!!!! I payed a little more than ten to get my method cut an inch and that included the grip. Grant it you have a Scotty and you added weights, but still that just seems ridiculously high.

Back