Caffeine and Golf, how does it affect your game?

I'm not so huge on the caffeinated drinks, but on cold bleary days I find the help comes from the heat of the drink more so than the caffeine. Nothing like starting a round warm and comfortable instead of shivering and not wanting to move lest some skin be exposed to the cold, so even a nice cup of English Breakfast will do.

I don't think caffeine affects how I play golf. I usually only have a single cup to start my day.

If I don't have enough caffeine I actually get really bad headaches so when I play I start with a cup of coffee and then will have at least 1 soda. I supplement the liquids with coffee nips from Thailand ( more caffeine then the domestic versions )

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I have an anxiety and panic issue that gets triggered by caffeine. However, there have been a few times were I needed simething to get me going before the round and I'll get a cup of joe or have 1/2 a 5 hour, and spend the next 8 holes trying not to crawl out of my skin.

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

The question for me does no caffeine effect my game. I drink energy drinks, diet coke or coffee of some sort every round.

This is true for me as well. I am an admitted caffeine addict, and refuse to give it up. It's the one vice I have left, and if I don't have my morning Rockstar I will have a headache all day.

I have several cups of coffee every morning. Usually when playing early, if it's cold I'll grab coffee, if it's warm I'll drink a Red Bull on the front 9 & I'm good.

I am in a league called the Sunrisers, and as the name sounds we begin tee times between 7 and 7:30am every Saturday during the summer. I always have a big travel mug of coffee with me for the first 3 holes or so and then go to water. Never has really impacted me negatively since I drink coffee every morning anyways, but I do think it helps me wake up and get on the first tee box ready to go.

Back