Kick Butt Laser Range Finder

I mainly want to use it on the driving range but would probably end up using it on the course too

Build quality on par with your v2? I'm also pondering a v3 with jolt technology for $250

Yes. Its probably sourced at the same place as Leupold(its closer in size). Accuracy is the same and it saves you $100. I dont see any real need for jolt personally but I have wanted the red display maybe 3 times in 2+ years with the V2 and one of those was when lasering a pin on the range at night.

been on the fence of getting one for a long time now and decided to pull the trigger for $154 today. Looking forward to getting it.

Build quality on par with your v2? I'm also pondering a v3 with jolt technology for $250

I can tell you the v3 is worth the money! If you're looking for a great range finder it's the best one out there IMO for the $$.

So this came today. Haven't got it to the range or course yet but trying to understand the pin finder mode. You hold down the power button and then when it locates the pin the Starburst lines disappear from the reticle and the yardage is displayed?

Thought I'd post some pics. Device feels extremely well made and easy to use. Tried to snap a picture of the display with my phone to give everyone a taste of what it looks like. It seems super clear and so easy to see things in the distance with the 6x magnification

9ygeme3a.jpg

avugudes.jpg

9abyhu9a.jpg

zyte3y6a.jpg

ty5yduge.jpg

So this came today. Haven't got it to the range or course yet but trying to understand the pin finder mode. You hold down the power button and then when it locates the pin the Starburst lines disappear from the reticle and the yardage is displayed?

In the pinseeker mode, if you hold down the power button constantly, it is actively seeking and the starburst will stay on, but it will only display the closest yardage. So the technique that works the best for me is to get close to what you want to measure in the viewfinder, hold down the button and slowly sweep across the flag. It will only display the closest yardage from the sweep, which should be the flag.

It took me a little while to figure that out and before I figured it out, I had a heck of a time locking on to flags that didn't have prisms. Now it takes about 5 seconds.

Might be inventing in one of these for the new season. I've been in ponder mode forever on a range finder

Might be inventing in one of these for the new season. I've been in ponder mode forever on a range finder

If you're still in ponder mode at the end of May I'll have mine in Indy you can check out. I haven't used it yet since I just got it this week and snow.

If you're still in ponder mode at the end of May I'll have mine in Indy you can check out. I haven't used it yet since I just got it this week and snow.

I'm hoping to have one in hand before Indy. But I appreciate the offer! I had a GPS and it was ok but I want a range finder now

Well you all just talked me into it. Got one on the way. I'll hopefully play this weekend and put it to use if it gets here. The website says 2-3 days.... We will see I guess. I'll update as soon as I get it on the course.

This seems to be identical to another model/brand name being sold here in Australia;

https://www.drummondgolf.com.au/golf-craft-target-caddie-400m-laser-rangefinder-1.html

Infact after playing with one instore the photos on here of the optical view measurements are identical. Golf Craft is just its badging at drummond golf Australia. Looking for an entry level range finder simply for range and nothing else (dont want slope etc). Great comments in here going to have a crack at one here in Australia. Thanks guys.

I used mine for the first time on the course yesterday and I have to say I'm very happy! It was accurate and quick to find yardages. I will say sometimes because of the lighting situation the black color on the display wasn't the best but there was never a situation I couldn't read it in the end. Only used it once but so far I'm very happy with it!

Used mine for 4 rounds now and it's been flawless

Mine gets beat up and abused bouncing around in the push cart storage compartment. It's showing some wear, which any rangefinder would given how it's carried.

And I'm still on the original battery that came with it, believe it or not. Very easy on batteries.

Mine gets beat up and abused bouncing around in the push cart storage compartment. It's showing some wear, which any rangefinder would given how it's carried.

And I'm still on the original battery that came with it, believe it or not. Very easy on batteries.

The battery life is awesome to hear. I ordered an extra just in case it didnt last long

Got this thing in 3 days. I have used it for 45 holes this weekend and it has been perfect. It works instantly and is very easy to use. The pinseeker mode or whatever it is called for this one works perfectly and hasn't let me down yet. I am excited to keep using this thing throughout the season. I cold shoot the front of the green, the back of the green, pins. bushes, traps. Everything seemed to be extremely accurate as far as I could tell and, as I said, it was extremely easy to use.

I have been pondering one of these for a while thanks to jlukes, but with the performance sharing bonus I just got, this is happening today. BOOM. Going for the non slope grip model.

Anybody have an opinion on whether I should pick up an extra battery? Is this type of battery difficult to find at retail?

I have been pondering one of these for a while thanks to jlukes, but with the performance sharing bonus I just got, this is happening today. BOOM. Going for the non slope grip model.

Anybody have an opinion on whether I should pick up an extra battery? Is this type of battery difficult to find at retail?

I have a Bushnelle v3 that uses a CR2 battery. I believe these use the same. Walmart sells a 2 pack in the electronics section for $10.

Back