The Chicken Wings Thread

If I ever make it up to Richmond again, I must go there and try the Atomic. I have signed releases 2 others times when ordering extremely hot wings so why not go for a third!

Quake steak is actually a national chain, though I think predominantly in the south and Midwest

Quake steak is actually a national chain, though I think predominantly in the south and Midwest

Never have seen or heard of it. Google, here I come!

I am not a big fan of these guys. The sauces are alright and the wings just mediocre. I have been there a few times and always walk out disappointed. Bad service not very good food. I won't go there anymore.

Quaker Steak is regional. The original is in Sharon, PA I believe and has spread pretty rapidly the last 10 years. They re pretty closely identified with Pittsburgh. They have had concession stands in both Heinz Field and PNC Park since close to when they both opened.

My favorite flavor from there is the Louisiana Lickers. So frickin good.

sent without the boss's knowledge...

To add to the last post, their growth is just a hair behind the greatest gas station innovation off all time- The MTO from Sheetz. oh how I miss me some Sheetz!

sent without the boss's knowledge...

I am not a big fan of these guys. The sauces are alright and the wings just mediocre. I have been there a few times and always walk out disappointed. Bad service not very good food. I won't go there anymore.

i'll give you the wings, they're probably average in meatiness. But going to disagree big time on the sauces. Supercharged is pretty much the epitome of what wings are supposed to taste like. :eat:

i'll give you the wings, they're probably average in meatiness. But going to disagree big time on the sauces. Supercharged is pretty much the epitome of what wings are supposed to taste like. :eat:

Honestly I can't disagree with you. I have tried maybe one or two sauces, so I really don't have a good baseline.

This thread had me craving Duff's so much that the girlfriend and I are heading there for dinner on Friday. Many pictures to follow.

Funny this popped up. Went to the peanut tonight for dinner here in Kansas City, best wings in the city for sure.
ura2u8e6.jpg

By my count we have five solid claims that a certain place is the best in the world - NY, Ft Lauderdale, the ATL place, Freddie's shack place and Pok Pok (the clear and obvious winner, you guys just don't know it yet :bashful: . I'm not sure how to make it happen but we need a Wing Off.

The way to my heart is to set a plate of parmesan garlic wings in front of me!

Funny this popped up. Went to the peanut tonight for dinner here in Kansas City, best wings in the city for sure.
ura2u8e6.jpg

Those look really good, but no tips and the sections are usually separated around here.

From what I recall from years ago there is a place on HH that has some amazing wings.

by my count we have five solid claims that a certain place is the best in the world - ny, ft lauderdale, the atl place, freddie's shack place and pok pok (the clear and obvious winner, you guys just don't know it yet :bashful: . I'm not sure how to make it happen but we need a wing off.

challenge accepted

usysa2y7.jpg

Hmmm

I'd definitely make that trip too! Duff's for the win!

Back