Ocean City - 2014 THP Invitational #4 Sponsored By Bridgestone Golf

Seeing all those pictures from the OWN THE SECOND SHOT event, really has me looking forward to this event.
Ocean City has a lot to offer. 119 days and counting

Sounds so fat away when you break or down to days

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Hello everyone. I will be in OC for my first THP event. I am looking forward to meeting and getting to know a lot more new friends! I thought I would give some back ground. I am 53 and having been playing golf for about 41 years. I took 6 years off when I became the Fire Chief (volunteer) in my town. My son, six4three5 (go team albatross, 2014 Morgan Cup) got me back in the game. My ghin is 8, once played to a 2 for two years. I live in western NY half way between Buffalo and Rochester. My game is slowly coming back to where I want it to be. I have made good friends from being on THP. We have a group of about 12 people in Western NY who have gotten together for outdoor rounds as well as indoor simulator rounds. Some will be at OC, and I have to say, they are a great bunch of guys! Looking forward to hearing from other OC invitees.

Forgot to add, my name is Mike:act-up:

Mike,
I look forward to meeting you sir!

Awesome Maddog great intro. Do not worry at all about OC it is going to be a great event and you will meet some great people. Just par for the course for a THP event. Can't wait to meet you.

Mr. Mike Dean, Is there a yardage book we can look at online as we are doing in the Hilton Head Island Thread?

Thank you,
Mr. M. Slice

Mr. Mike Dean, Is there a yardage book we can look at online as we are doing in the Hilton Head Island Thread?

Thank you,
Mr. M. Slice

The Rum Pointe website has all that info. I hope we're playing from the whites or I'm in trouble. I don't do well on 430+ yard par 4s.

The Rum Pointe website has all that info. I hope we're playing from the whites or I'm in trouble. I don't do well on 430+ yard par 4s.

I guess I see a scorecard and not a yardage book.

Link to yardage book Moose?

I'm even more excited to see all the good hackers, and bombers (like you) play in person, good motivation for me to work on my game :D

I average 272.8 off the tee, wouldn't call that a bomber but thanks for inflating my ego =). This event is going to be so much fun and I'm going to work my butt off till then to make sure I'm at least hacking the ball towards the right fairway.

I average 272.8 off the tee, wouldn't call that a bomber but thanks for inflating my ego =). This event is going to be so much fun and I'm going to work my butt off till then to make sure I'm at least hacking the ball towards the right fairway.
that's a big drive in my book :p

Ocean City - 2014 THP Invitational #4 Sponsored By Bridgestone Golf

Forgot to add, my name is Mike:act-up:

Looking forward to meeting you Mike.

Yup, you have me by a few first downs as well...

Using Tapatalk

Uhhh mine too.

Please. Thats your carry distance. While its not always at the right fairway, you still hit some bombs.

I guess I see a scorecard and not a yardage book.

Link to yardage book Moose?

Sorry MSlice, I misspoke. It does not have it there, just the scorecard.

I was hoping I was just missing it.

Looks to be a great course!
I was there a few years ago and it was great!Hopefully there will be no breeze(it was around 15-20mph)

Last edited:
If anyone out there is a Comcast user, you can check out the course in the golf destination section. It's only a 2 minute ad, but gives you some great overhead ciews of some of the holes, and an idea of what to expect.

That is pretty cool.
Pros: Not a lot of trees except for 12 & 13
Cons: A LOT of water.

Water.... I love water...

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

oh darn... I just heard that I might not be able to take time off that weekend... on standby till next week :angry:

oh darn... I just heard that i might not be able to take time off that weekend... On standby till next week :angry:

unacceptable!!!!!!!

Back