Any THP'rs that can help with some Cape Cod golf recomendations?

ddelloch

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi all,

We generally keep our golf trips out west, but one member of our group is living in the Boston area and we have decided to head that way for next year's event. We are going to be heading out of Boston and staying on Cape Cod at his family cottage for a few days. None of us have ever played out there so I was hoping to get some recommendations for courses that would be open to us from people who have gamed them.

Thanks again.

Hi all,

We generally keep our golf trips out west, but one member of our group is living in the Boston area and we have decided to head that way for next year's event. We are going to be heading out of Boston and staying on Cape Cod at his family cottage for a few days. None of us have ever played out there so I was hoping to get some recommendations for courses that would be open to us from people who have gamed them.

Thanks again.

No one?

Hi all,

Thanks again.

Hey! Just saw this. What are you looking at in terms of price point? Depending on where you're staying and how much you want to pay, I love Pinehills it's $125 but first class, located in Plymouth.

The two that I've played that were on cape and I enjoyed were Bass River and Bayberry Hills they're around $65-$75 Bass River plays a little shorter but it's still a fun track.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey! Just saw this. What are you looking at in terms of price point? Depending on where you're staying and how much you want to pay, I love Pinehills it's $125 but first class, located in Plymouth.

Pathetic other two that I've played that were on cape and I enjoyed were Bass River and Bayberry Hills they're around $65-$75 Bass River plays a little shorter but it's still a fun track.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Price doesn't really matter I'm sure we will be playing a mix of expensive and moderately priced courses and I think we will be pretty mobile this tip. It seemed like when I was looking, the majority of the courses out that way weren't open to the public. I will add those ones to the list of courses to look in to.

Thanks a lot!

Waiting on my sisters fiancé to respond back to me. They live in Boston and have a house on the Cape

You might play Cranberry Valley in Harwich. It's a nice old school track that was a frequent entry on Golf Digest's top 100 public courses back in the day and costs $70. It hosts the MGA Amateur Public Links Championship in early Aug though so that might conflict with your visit.

Here you go a little spread out on the Cape.

Dennis, Ma:
Bass river: there's a links 9 and regular 18 at Baybury so 27 holes total.
Dennis Highlands - If the want to drive the ball.
Dennis Pines - If they want to play shots

North of cape towards boston there s pine hills Plymouth, Indian pond in Kingston, and granite links in Quincy.

Hope this helps. If I wasn't on my phone I would have grabbed the links.

I second Pinehills, a little pricey but top notch.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Super underrated course - Cranberry Valley. One of my favorites and isn't overly crowded. Captains is ok as well but can suck if they are aerating

You might play Cranberry Valley in Harwich. It's a nice old school track that was a frequent entry on Golf Digest's top 100 public courses back in the day and costs $70. It hosts the MGA Amateur Public Links Championship in early Aug though so that might conflict with your visit.

Totally agree. One of the best IMO.

Thanks for the info guys. Will look into all of them and pass it on. The pine hills one has me very intrigued. Looks like there re 2 courses, is one better than the other or are they both good?

Thanks for the info guys. Will look into all of them and pass it on. The pine hills one has me very intrigued. Looks like there re 2 courses, is one better than the other or are they both good?

I played the Jones course and loved it. Preferred it to the Nicklaus course. But you can't really go wrong with either.

Edit: Auto corrected my original post and referred to the two courses I played on the cape as pathetic, that is not the case.

I played Nicklaus course, have yet to play Jones. Its long, but I was playing on 2 hours sleep so take that with a grain of salt.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I think the majority of people that play there prefer the Jones course over the Nicklaus course. For me though, the Nicklaus course is a little more fun because the fairways are wider and I feel like the Jones course has a few holes that seem like they are the same. It doesn't hurt that I shot my personal best at the Nicklaus course, so I'm a little biased towards that course. You can't go wrong with either course if you want the "country club for a day" feel. Only downfall to the experience is on weekdays, you have to use mats on the driving range when you are warming up. Still, if you have the money for it, you could have a really fun 36-hole day there and the food in the clubhouse is pretty good at lunch.

We played The Brookside Club last year and really enjoyed it. It's right over the bridge in Bourne. I've heard nothing but good things about Pinehills, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back