Valhalla as permanent Ryder Cup host?

Man I hope they don't keep it at one location permanently, that would be pretty crappy.

Ted Bishop, President of the PGA, has floated the idea of Valhalla as an eventual permanent home for the Ryder Cups held in the US.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golftalkcentral/bishop-eyes-valhalla-possible-permanent-ryder-host

What are your thoughts? Should it be held in one spot or move around?

I'm for moving around to new spots every four years. Allows more people to see the Ryder Cup in person.

Move it around. Let people at different parts of the country enjoy the event.

I agree with the majority. Keep it moving. Different course advertisement equalling more revenue and people have different oppertunities to see it live at a moving rotation.

Noooo...keep it moving.

I agree, a set location for the Ryder Cup would be a terrible idea. Why would you go and mess with Ryder Cup tradition after all these years...WAKE UP TED!

Last edited:
Keep it moving for sure.

Could we one day see the Ryder Cup at Augusta? I know so far fetched of an idea, but what an event that would be.

I am glad that they move it around, the 2016 Ryder Cup is already on my calendar as a week off. I can't wait to see some Ryder Cup action close to home.

Move it around, that's the best way to do it.

I prefer that it move around, part of the allure is that it is on a different course and that the home captain can have the set up altered to suit his line up that year.

Don't ever make it one course. Pleaseeeeee

Living in Louisville not far from Valhalla, would be awesome to see this.

However I would agree that it needs to be a rotating venue

I just fail to see the benefits of keeping it in one place. Keep er moving!

Idiotic idea but as greedy as the PGA has become I could see it happening. It would be sad and hopefully better minds will kill this idea.

Back