Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
While at the PGA Show, myself, Harry, and GG were talking about our logo and that we wanted to do something a little different with it. We even asked a few of the companies at the THP Dinner and they all agreed, that they think we should have something that stood out a little more and gave us some "brand awareness".

I asked a friend to mess around a little and he came back with something that I wanted to get other opinions on as well. Thoughts?

783202953_rSrGy-XL.jpg

I like it! The letters THP themselves carry a brand awareness already in my opinion and growing. This just adds to and dresses it up. Adds a golf motif that those who see it and don't yet know it can connect it with.

Very nice. I like the 2nd design best. I like the apostrophe also.

Looks good. Not sure if the apostrophe should be in Hackers or not, but the logo looks great and would easily transition to merchandise, etc. At a high level it kind of reminds me of the MLB logo, as well as the NBA and PGA logos, just because it is clean and simple.

I really like the black design for the way THP is outlined. I agree that the letters are a solid brand identity, but the logo adds a professional feel to it.

Re: Logo Thoughts

I love the new design.

As far as the apostrophy:

The Hacker's Paradise = singular posessive
The Hackers' Paradise = plural posessive

Thanks for the feedback everybody. Please do understand that this is not our new logo yet. Just something that someone designed for us that we are thinking about. Thought since this is the site for everybody, we would let everybody decide. If you want changes or want to get creative, we are all for it.

I really like the second one.

I like them both, but prefer the 2nd one - both the THP outlining and the green coloring.

Devil's advocate here:

Yes it looks nice. However, this would be the third logo in less than 18 months. Every time you change the logo, you're back to square one educating people as to who you are. Do you really want to go through that again?

I really like the second one.

We have only had one logo since we have been here. THe script on the top of the forum is not our logo Claire, just something that we messed with from the magazine. Outside of the forum, most know our logo as the clip art golfer with the original script. The same on our towels, golf balls, and shirts.

We have only had one logo since we have been here. THe script on the top of the forum is not our logo Claire, just something that we messed with from the magazine. Outside of the forum, most know our logo as the clip art golfer with the original script. The same on our towels, golf balls, and shirts.

And you're just breaking out into bigger things. Changing the logo--instead of a tweak--is going to confuse the heck ouf of people you're trying to sell yourself to.

And you're just breaking out into bigger things. Changing the logo--instead of a tweak--is going to confuse the heck ouf of people you're trying to sell yourself to.

Our thinking is that we never really had a logo to begin with. The little guy was cool but we always knew we wanted to change it we just weren't sure to what and then recently we have had a lot of requests to finally come up with an official THP logo so we went to work. Whatever we decide on will be the final and official logo for THP.

Our thinking is that we never really had a logo to begin with. The little guy was cool but we always knew we wanted to change it we just weren't sure to what and then recently we have had a lot of requests to finally come up with an official THP logo so we went to work. Whatever we decide on will be the final and official logo for THP.

Your business cards at the PGA show had the second, non-logo. Ultimately, what matters is the public perception of you've created--and you HAVE created it.

Your business cards at the PGA show had the second, non-logo. Ultimately, what matters is the public perception of you've created--and you HAVE created it.

The biz cards were modeled after our magazine since we were handing them out. I understand and respect your opinion on the aspect of public perception. However I respectfully disagree. I believe that this site as a whole needs something catchy and eye catching for our logo that we can use when we brand shirts, balls, hats, etc...and none of the three of us at the show nor the companies we encountered while there felt as though we had that right now.

I hafta say I love the black logo! Its simple, and like previously mentioned, reminds me of the MLB, PGA and other sports logos.

Claire makes a good point.

If you were to change the logo, at this point I would go with the one in black, but in THP green. Not the green second logo.

Last edited:
A couple more things.
First, I always thought it was "Hackers", without the apostrophe.
Second, I would connect the lines in the "P".

I'm with Smalls on this one, the black logo works but in THP green instead. If you're going to keep the ' then make it "Hacker's". "Hackers'" just looks goofy and it should be about the individual since golf is an individual sport. Who are you using as the basis of the hacker on the logo... looks a little like Rickie Fowler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back