Face height on fairway woods - what do you prefer and why?

The Callaway Deep series just seem like monsters i noticed last year that the 3deep was not that hard to hit off the deck cut sure shinned off the tee

Wait until you give the 5Deep a try dude. It is going to be a game changer for me.

For a 3 wood I prefer a bit deeper face, on say a 5 wood more shallow.

I find shallow faced woods to be very tough to hit off the tee and I don't have too much trouble hitting deeper faces from the deck.
As such, I prefer medium to deeper faces on my fairway woods.

I seem to do better with shallower faces off the deck, but like a deeper face off the tee. With that, I'll work with either and probably prefer deeper overall as I tend to use my fairways more off the tee than the deck.

Shallowed face all the way

Deep face for me. Even when I had a shallow faced 3w I always used my 3hy from the turf. Just better consistency for me. Plus if I have to hit 3w from the deck, I should just be laying up

I prefer a shallow face on a club I will actually use from the fairway but I'm with Tim that if I'm hitting three wood it is probably a bad idea. I do like the mini driver types out right now as a back up club off he tee.

I like a deeper face. I have hybrids for hitting off the deck from tighter lies. If I need a fairway wood to get to the green, I'm probably laying up to 90 yards anyway.

I'm fine with either. My 2007 Burner TP has a shallower face than my rbz stage 2, but they're both great off the tee and off the deck. I had problems with the rounded sole of the original rbz and the 3 deep though.

No question, shallow face off the deck...launches higher with more spin, and deep face off the tee which launches lower with less spin.

I find shallow faced woods to be very tough to hit off the tee and I don't have too much trouble hitting deeper faces from the deck.
As such, I prefer medium to deeper faces on my fairway woods.

I'd be interested to see how you get on with a Mashie FW, with it having such a deep face. I presume the Bio is a little deeper face then?

I'd be interested to see how you get on with a Mashie FW, with it having such a deep face. I presume the Bio is a little deeper face then?

Its neither shallow nor deep. Somewhere in the middle but they are effective both from the deck and the tee.

Its neither shallow nor deep. Somewhere in the middle but they are effective both from the deck and the tee.

Hmmmm...ponderponderponder hehe

Will definitely be on my list to swing whenever I get to Pro Golf.

I like more shallow, or in between works. I like to use my 3W from the tee and off the deck. Off the tee with a shallow face is an easy adjustment to me. Just lower the tee :bulgy-eyes:

I like more shallow, or in between works. I like to use my 3W from the tee and off the deck. Off the tee with a shallow face is an easy adjustment to me. Just lower the tee :bulgy-eyes:

Precisely why I am pondering a switch! Makes the deck easier, and the only adjustment you need to make off the tee is to tee it up more like a hybrid.

Try the x hot pro from last year too. Kind of right in between shallow and deep.

Thanks for the suggestion man - I plan on trying the regular X Hot as well to see which face height I get on with better. Both are certainly shallower than the Mashie, but I'm just not sure how drastic of a change I want to make at this juncture.

I like really shallow. I had a shallowish Maxfli 3W but I couldn't hit it off the deck. My new Stage 2 is fantastic off the tee or the ground.

The 3 deep is just a little too much but deeper is better for me.

Back