OITW

Reaction score
So it's a rainy day and you have a tee time.

What kind of wet weather gear do you bring to the course with you? Or do you cancel your tee time and find something else to do?

If the course is open I'm playing. This is what I put in my bag for inclement weather: my umbrella, rainhood for my bag, rainsuit, bucket hat, Nike therma sleeves and rain gloves.

I've always just played in a light jacket. I really should invest in some rain gear. I bring an umbrella but always tend to forget I have it and never end up using it. As long as it's not pouring out I'm OK with playing in the rain. I've typically shot pretty well when it has been, too.

I'll play if its "misty," no pun intended, and I'll complete a round if its light rain. I won't start a round if its raining hard, and the forecast calls for rain all day. However I do have a rain jacket, rain gloves (a necessity), and use the rain cover that comes with the golf bag. I carry a large towel to wipe off the cart seats. Keeping the clubs and cigar dry are very important in the rain.

If it's raining, and is supposed to be more than a sprinkle here and there, I will skip the golf that day.

I'll play in light rain and showers but it would depend on the circumstances if I played in heavy rain.
I do need to buy some rain gloves though cause I usually just use an umbrella and that's it.

Good call on the extra towel, I usually bring one as well one for my clubs and one for me but they both end up getting muddy and I just use them in my clubs haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A. I will melt

B. I don't want to dry and clean clubs when I get home.

No wet golf for me.

Depends on the severity of the rain. Just a light drizzle and I'd play. Rain jacket and umbrella and extra pair of socks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

This is one of the benefits of golfing mostly as a single. With no one else to coordinate common time with I have not much to worry about. If I have a tee time and it looks like rain the night before or I am unsure I simply cancel to avoid a possible no show fee. Then if it looks good early am I head to the course and get on singles walk on list and get out anyway and in a decent time frame. As a matter of fact probably half my golfing is simply getting to the course early and hitiing the singles walk on list.

But anyway I hate golf in the rain. It just plain stinks. I am not comfy with it and don't play well because of the mindset. I can deal with the passing shower or two but anything substantial I'm staying home. And if its that kind of real crappy misty annoying rain? you know the one that teases you like its going to stop or be ok to play through but just continues to relentlessly slowly an annoyingly soak the living daylights out of you, I hate that even more than a downpour. I'd rather it just rain heavy so I don't play at all.

As long as it's not pouring, Thunder or Lightning or a Cold rain I will play, I carry extra towels, extra gloves and switch them between holes, I also keep Foot Joy rain gloves, Suprisingly they work quite well.
I shot a 76 one time when it poured down half way thru the round and was standing water everywhere..The score was mostly luck, I basically fortunate with my lies and picked the ball clean.

If the course is open I'm playing. This is what I put in my bag for inclement weather: my umbrella, rainhood for my bag, rainsuit, bucket hat, Nike therma sleeves and rain gloves.

OP you pretty much summed me up bud.

Tappin it up

I'd have to say that a few of my more enlightening rounds were played in the rain, because it forced me to be more creative and definitely taught me a lot about myself and game that I previously hadn't experienced, definitely very eye opening.

I'd have to say that a few of my more enlightening rounds were played in the rain, because it forced me to be more creative and definitely taught me a lot about myself and game that I previously hadn't experienced, definitely very eye opening.

Right on. Definitely have to earn everything in those conditions. Fewer lucky breaks in my experience I guess. I was told there's a minority of pro golfers that actually love practicing and playing in that type of weather. Because they know if they can learn to like it and thrive while the majority of the field hates it and deep down just wants to go inside and get dry, they have an advantage over their competition. Gives them a greater chance to win

Tappin it up

Right on. Definitely have to earn everything in those conditions. Fewer lucky breaks in my experience I guess. I was told there's a minority of pro golfers that actually love practicing and playing in that type of weather. Because they know if they can learn to like it and thrive while the majority of the field hates it and deep down just wants to go inside and get dry, they have an advantage over their competition. Gives them a greater chance to win

Tappin it up

Couldn't agree more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't have much for rain gear. Hood for my bag is about it. I always have an umbrella in my car so if I expect it to start raining I'll slide it into my bag.

I will play as long as if the course is open, so I use rain gloves, an umbrella, a rain jacket, and if it is really bad out I have rain pants to.

By the way I also love playing in the rain

I play quite a bit in the rain (golf leagues that NEVER want to cancel). I simply throw a rain jacket and rain gloves on.

Also, I much prefer to walk when it's raining. Pushing my cart with the umbrella attached to it tends to keep me more dry than a round where I am getting in and out of the golf cart--while fumbling with my umbrella the whole time.

I play in the rain all the time, and I've played in some serious downpours. I hate wearing rain pants as the 'swish swish' drives me up the wall when I'm walking, and I hate the way I sweat in them. As such I hate wearing a rain jacket because the water just goes down the jacket and soaks my pants.

I swear by Puma apparel as it just wicks away water for the most part, and the Nike Lunar Control shoes are practically gum boots they stay so dry. For me the key is a nice full-zip turtleneck fleece sweater. It's comfortable, can absorb a ton of water before you even notice it, and keeps you the perfect temperature over 18 holes.

Back