Made a large purchase, sight unseen, thoughts on how i may like my new equipment?

Congratulations on the birth of your son! You bought great clubs - enjoy.

I'd wait til you have some time with the clubs before you go get fit. It is a slippery slope trying to get shafts that match your swing while your swing is constantly changing as you get better. That being said, if you can get fitted for length and lie angle for free or little cost, might as well do it.

Those are great clubs though, hope you enjoy them.

I'd wait til you have some time with the clubs before you go get fit. It is a slippery slope trying to get shafts that match your swing while your swing is constantly changing as you get better. That being said, if you can get fitted for length and lie angle for free or little cost, might as well do it.

Those are great clubs though, hope you enjoy them.

thanks just kept in touch with a buddy that i know on facebook and have kept in contact with him through his various retail golf pro career. Hes going to do the fitting for free and charge me minimally for any bending of club if need be. I agree with the constant change of swing but def want to check lie and length

I think you bought awesome stuff. If you've played relatively well with off-the-rack clubs in the past, hopefully the transition will be a smooth one. Be patient, though. I think excitement can sometimes over-amp your swing when you get new clubs and you'll have a not-so-great first impression. Give yourself plenty of time to get used to them. If you're just not clicking, you can always go to a fitter and tinker.

thanks just kept in touch with a buddy that i know on facebook and have kept in contact with him through his various retail golf pro career. Hes going to do the fitting for free and charge me minimally for any bending of club if need be. I agree with the constant change of swing but def want to check lie and length

First off congrats on the family addition and some great clubs!

That is great that you have someone you know and some you trust to do your fitting and club work.

Look forward to hearing about any adjustments needed!

So I'm a lefty (tough to find clubs to demo) small business owner and proud new dad to a five month old boy. Haven't been playing as much as I'd like to but practice and recent rounds my play has improved. Scoring in mid to (rarely) low 90s

Being someone that likes the "good stuff" but spends very little on himself I was able to treat myself to some new equipment.

I haven't been able to follow demo days and usually very small selection of lefty stuff in local store so i made a purchase sight unseen after research and well want to see what you fine golfers think.

Ap1 714 4-w1 irons
Ping g25 driver,3wood,17 hybrid and 20 hybrid.

First I'd like to congratulate you and your family on the new addition. I can only imagine how proud you must be to have a son. Hopefully he will follow your foot steps and take up golf so that you both can play someday.
The clubs you got are all around a great choice in my opinion. If your not getting out to play a alot i feel they will be suited well for you. Despite not being fitted for your irons and woods you can still have them tailored to suit your game. The AP1's are forged and can be bent to your proper lie should you need to adjust. The best thing is you can always change your shafts for your irons as well as your woods. Although a couple people have mentioned that not being fitted may be perfectly fine for you, its not necessarily true because who is to say you wouldn't play better with fitted equipment? Tinker around and see how things play out. I wish you the best of luck my friend. one lefty to another.

Back