Diamana S+ question

Ahedge

Reaction score
Handicap
13.01 GHIN
Ok bought a 913 d3 which has a diamana 62, hit it well love it. Walking around GS today and looked at some of the titleist stuff all there S+ shafts are labelled as 65's. Well that's weird, so at the pro shop where I play and get lessons I look over at the D3's and the diamana shafts there all say 62 any insight as to why they are different. And if one is "made for " is it the 62 or 65 btw all the shafts at GS #'s end in 5 and vice versa at pro shop????

Anyone?

I'm wondering if for some reason if the Diamana you saw was actually a new generation Kai'li (upgrade) or one of the new B+ series (also an upgrade). I wouldn't think so, as those would be actual upgrades through would actually have to go through Titleist.

The S+ (matte blue) and D+ (matte black) that came stock in the 913's are real deal and are labeled 62,72,and 82. The stock shafts in the 910 series were made for Titleist by Mitsubishi Diamana (Kai'li (blue), 'Ahina (black) and 'Ilimia (reddish orange) and do not feature the matte finish found on the 913 line, and also are numbered 65,75,85, if I remember correctly.

So either you saw 910's, with the previous made for, shiny coat shaft finish. Or you saw actual upgrades, but I think that would be highly unlikely to be laying around in Golfsmith.

Might check out here and see if this helps. The S+ is a great shaft, by the way.

http://mitsubishirayongolf.com/?globe=1&lang=en

Authentic S+ should read "S+ 62 x5ct". You may also find 72 and 82 (look for the same text format), and the way less common 92 and 102. This format continues for the D+ line.

Authentic Kaili should read "Kai'li 60 x5ct". You may also find 70 and 80 (look for the same text format). This format continues for the Ahina and Ilima lines.

Authentic B series should be designated 50 / 60 / 70 / 80, but I don't believe the x5ct reference has continued in this line of shafts which is a shame (it was an easy way to check 'made for' vs 'aftermarket').

I have never seen an S+ shaft with '65' designation. If it was blue in colour, did it not say "Kai'li" on it with "mid' written nearby? If so, it could well be the 'made for' Kaili from the 910 range which had weight designations of 65 and 75, from memory.

Awesome thanks guys. I am liking the shaft a lot so far. Mine is the 62

Yeah does seem odd to be seing the 65 on the shaft. If you had a picture as stated before it would help.

Back