I guess it's time........

50wyldeman

Reaction score
Handicap
25.6 GHIN
To replace this wedge. :at-wits-end: Been in my bag as long as I can remember came to me like this and I love it, I call it my spoon.....

I love it because it is the heaviest club I have and I love the wide sole . I have looked online a bit and can't seem to find one anywhere any suggestions on a similar club would be greatly appreciated.

I know it is silly but I am seriously bummed to realize it's time to retire this one

IMG_3973.jpg

IMG_3974.jpg

IMG_3975.jpg

To replace this wedge. :at-wits-end: Been in my bag as long as I can remember came to me like this and I love it, I call it my spoon.....

IMG_3973.jpg

I wish I could offer more help, but I'm just truly amazed at this pic. :clapp: This wedge has seen some serious love.

Grab a new Cleveland.

I can't see the picture (assuming there is one; it's on my end, not yours so no need to edit anything), but I have a Hopkins wide grind and I think you'd like it. It's heavy compared to a 588 forged (which I had previously) and the wide sole is awesome. I think the wide sole is only available on the 60/62/64, but you can get it in raw, satin chrome, or satin black finishes and customize the paintfill/shaft/grip/etc for a fairly reasonable price.

I wish I could offer more help, but I'm just truly amazed at this pic. :clapp: This wedge has seen some serious love.
I felt bad posting cause it is sooooo rough but as I said this is how she came to me when I was cleaning her up the other night I realized the bottom 4 grooves are essentially flattened :arrogant:
I think she has "character"

I felt bad posting cause it is sooooo rough but as I said this is how she came to me when I was cleaning her up the other night I realized the bottom 4 grooves are essentially flattened :arrogant:

You should be proud of that wedge. Anyone who has stuck with a club for that long deserves some kudos. If you were a lefty, I'd happily send you any one of the number of wedges sitting in my basement to try out.

I would keep it around (but not play) as a badge of honor that is truly impressive that you were able to hold on to a club that long

If you like a wedge with a clean look and nice weight, check out Hopkins. They even have a 30 day money back policy

What loft is that wedge? If you like the wide sole, a smart sole sand wedge might be worth looking into, or I think Adams has some wider soled wedges to go with their hybrid sets and can be found quite cheap. As for weight you could always use lead tape of you had to up the weight.

Much appreciated everyone!!!
I believe it is a 56* I am perusing :Hopkins: right now and am really interested in the smart soles for sure.

I can't begin to express just how much I love this forum man , I have another 56 here but it is far to light for my liking never occurred to me to add weight to it! :banghead:

Last edited:
that wedge just looks badass.

Ever look in to seeing if you could get it refinished?

I have thought about it ,yes , but something about making the warhorse perfect and pretty just doesn't seem right . I may have to though as I am truly attached to her. I looked into groove tools the other day thinking I may just try that on her.

I will need to look at the Adams stuff as well

Heck, that baby is just getting broken in! lol

That beauty was forged in the lands of Mordor.....oh the stories it could tell...,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing picture! Love the character it has for sure. Good luck finding a replacement!

All it needs it's a good spit-shine and it's good to go! Warms my heart to see a wedge get that much love.

All it needs it's a good spit-shine and it's good to go! Warms my heart to see a wedge get that much love.
Pic was taken after scrubbing her :act-up:

Pic was taken after scrubbing her :act-up:

She's got another hundred rounds in her. ;) The face will be so worn out by then you'll be able to use it as a putter/chipper. Never take her out of the bag!

That is awesome, definitely would be tough to let go of after all this time

I had a similar wedge that my father gave me when the set I had didn't come with a sand wedge. When Took it out of the bag, it was completely rusted, had a chunk taken out of it, and barely any grooves. I still haven't found a wedge I hit as well as that one out of the bunker...

I think it's safe to say that you got your money's worth out of that one! I only wish I had a club in my bag that I loved as much as you clearly love that one.

Back