If you can have a 14 club contract with any oem, which one would it be? and why?

Just an observation here:

If you asked this question in 2010-11, and everyone was saying Callaway... We would've thought you were crazy. As we all know Callaway got in serious financial trouble and we're coming out with.... Well, let's just say below average equipment. The turn around that company made in 3-4 years is truly amazing. Because, I too would take a 14 club deal with Callaway in a heart beat. Titleist would be a close A1.

I'd have to say either PING or Callaway, especially if it's all 14 clubs and you have to pick a putter. Probably PING at this moment. If it were for everything but putters, I'd also be interested in Cobra.

I wouldn't turn down Callaway, TMAG, PING, or Bridgestone, but I'd probably have to go with Titleist given the choice.

If I take my MC allegiances out of the equation. I'm not sure I would want a 14 club contract with 1 company. I think there is so much great equipment out there that I'd love to be able to just make my ultimate mixed bag.

With the MC in mind, I am sponsored by TaylorMade this year. I think they have a really good selection of equipment out on the market. Some concerns come in to play for me with the driver and putter. I will be honest I have not spent much time with the SLDR so I am going strictly off THP reviews.

I answered this already but I change my mind on different days. For today I'm going to go with any major OEM. They all have some pretty good products.

I'm about to sport a 100% PING bag for the next couple months so.. Maybe PING.

Titleist all the way - they make top clubs in every area, from drivers to putters. They also make my favorite ball, the Pro V1X.

Titleist all the way - they make top clubs in every area, from drivers to putters. They also make my favorite ball, the Pro V1X.

Do you think they have more "top clubs" than other companies do? Why? Just curious.

I'd probably go with Ping as my first choice. Love all the irons I've ever bought from them. Really digging the hybrids and woods. Never tried the wedges though. Second choice would be Callaway. They are rocking some excellent choices from tee to green

Do you think they have more "top clubs" than other companies do? Why? Just curious.

I apologize, I suppose I could have been more clear. By "top clubs", I just meant excellent clubs. Mizuno could absolutely give Titleist a run for their money - I actually like Mizuno's irons better than Titleist's. Certainly, Ping and TaylorMade make great clubs as well. Top to bottom, though, I think Titleist has the best overall lineup.

I apologize, I suppose I could have been more clear. By "top clubs", I just meant excellent clubs. Mizuno could absolutely give Titleist a run for their money - I actually like Mizuno's irons better than Titleist's. Certainly, Ping and TaylorMade make great clubs as well. Top to bottom, though, I think Titleist has the best overall lineup.

Nice. Mizuno woods have just never done anything for me. Not saying they are bad, but I have yet to find one that outperforms another brands. I think their irons are sharp.

Callaway, without a doubt. There are a LOT of great OEM's, don't get me wrong, but Callaway is just doing it RIGHT, right now.

Nice. Mizuno woods have just never done anything for me. Not saying they are bad, but I have yet to find one that outperforms another brands. I think their irons are sharp.

Agreed, and that's where I think Titleist has a clear edge. That, plus Vokey wedges and Scotty putters :)

Taylormade, their marketing is ridiculous, but I love the ATV wedges, and my short game is arguably the "best part" of my game. The RBZ hybrid has been amazing for me.

Cobra. I don't know why, but there is just something about the company that I find appealing. I almost bought an AMP cell driver when they came out. I loved it. I liked the trust rusty wedges, too.

Titleist. They have a solid line up and appreciate the fact that they don't release a billion new clubs every year.

I think I'd go with Nike - I've had good luck with clubs from woods to irons to putters. I'm a huge fan of Ping for putters and irons, but have never gotten along with their woods.

I would be happy to have ANY company fit me up with a full set!!! If I had to choose, I would say (in this order) Titleist, TM, Ping. I am comfortable with what Titleist gear I currently play and I don't feel like anything is junk. Solid performers all around. TM is really pushing technology though and while I could not stand the fact that they keep releasing clubs a few months back, I am coming around because I feel they make something everyone can hit. I hit all three TP irons last night and each one felt great with great results, even the MB. Ping, I just really like that they kind of stick to their roots and make a quality cast iron that everyone can play, and their woods aren't too shabby either. These three companies offer everything from a driver to putter, all kickass gear. I'd be especially psyched with any one of those.

PING and not just because I'm a fan of the company.

I recently bought a new set of irons after trying out quite a few different clubs from numerous OEMs and the PING Karsten irons felt the best to me. They inspire confidence at address and I need all the help I can get with my frequent mis hits.

I also like like that they are a ISO 9001 and 14001 company which probably means nothing to most people but as the son of an aerospace consultant, to me it means a great deal.

Intersting thread, I really enjoyed reading all of these responses.

PING and not just because I'm a fan of the company.

I recently bought a new set of irons after trying out quite a few different clubs from numerous OEMs and the PING Karsten irons felt the best to me. They inspire confidence at address and I need all the help I can get with my frequent mis hits.

I also like like that they are a ISO 9001 and 14001 company which probably means nothing to most people but as the son of an aerospace consultant, to me it means a great deal.

Intersting thread, I really enjoyed reading all of these responses.

Completely agree on the ISO standard. For other industries it is required to be a vendor in the industry (auto, medical) but ping holds themselves to a higher quality standard. Says a ton to me

Tappin it up

I'd say Titleist. Ultimately I think the game comes down to wedges and putters, and it's hard to do better than Vokey and Cameron in that regard.

A close second is Callaway, again, because MD2 wedges and Odyssey putters is another stellar combination.

Mizuno for me...because of their superb irons...had a Mizuno driver once...performed well...their wedges are wonderful and they make good putters too

Titleist
Ping
Cobra
Not in any order. Its hard to pick due to so many oem's producing great products.

Back