lilbilly

Reaction score
Handicap
So I bought a Razr Fit Extreme off of their pre-owned site after hitting one at GS a few times. I bought it in "like new" condition, and it honestly looked like it was never hit.

After getting it out on the range, it just doesn't suit my eye and ear like I thought it would. Maybe it's the smaller head, or the slightly heavier feel, or the muted sound, but it just doesn't fit me I don't think.

I can trade it back in on another club and only lose a few bucks. Any thoughts on one of Callaway's other drivers? (besides Bertha) Really trying to give them a shot I guess. Maybe I should stick with my Titelist though.

Xhot pro maybe? I love my RFE.

Can I ask why "besides Bertha"? Its a very good driver.
Have you looked at the X2Hot or XHot line?

The RFE is a great driver, but it is definitely a players driver with the shaping done and the fact that at standard it is open.

Might want to look at the X Hot, X Hot Pro head, or maybe even the Optiforce?

I love my X Hot, so that gets my vote. Great driver.

Are you looking to sell the RFE instead of trading it back in?

Definitely check out the X2Hot line!

Can I ask why "besides Bertha"? Its a very good driver.
Have you looked at the X2Hot or XHot line?

The RFE is a great driver, but it is definitely a players driver with the shaping done and the fact that at standard it is open.

Mainly cost. Not looking to drop that kind of cost.

Would love to give to Bertha a try.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I think that the Xhot line sounds more like what you are looking for they are ver solid drivers

Optiforce would be a solid driver at a good price point. IMO, the X2hot and Xhot drivers are pretty similar, so if you hit them and like them, I would lean towards the X hot and save a little $$$.

I know a guy at Callaway and this is what he said:
Consider where you'd fall into performance segmentation. I offer you this video of two very smart and good looking guys. Well, Luke Williams is anyway: http://www.callawaygolf.com/callawa...d-you-play.html?mcid1=146&cgid=callaway-talks

The Razr Fit Xtreme is a very low cg, low spin driver. As such, it is designed primarily for people who benefit from that. It has some MOI trade offs, meaning, it won't be as forgiving as other drivers we currently have in our line up. It is around 440cc, so it's a more compact head.

Depending on why you didn't hit that well, the Callaway line up is segmented into three categories:
Low Spin Focus: drivers designed to deliver very, very low spin. there are trade offs when you go this low spin. Generally, you'll have to increase your loft, which will give you launch angle. As you add loft, your ball speed will be affected. RazrFit Xtreme was in this category. Ditto Alpha in its Gravity Core down position.
Total Performance: drivers here have a balanced combination of everything. Think of these as your 5-series BMW. They do everything really well and are designed to fit the most golfers and have the broadest appeal. X2HOT, X2HOT Pro and Big Bertha fit into this category.
Speed Enhanced: these are drivers built to a longer, lighter, more aerodynamic spec. 46 inches, D0 swing weights (or even less) and fast heads. These are easiest to hit, easiest to launch, and easiest to swing. This type of driver is best effective for seniors and people who generally do not create a lot of club head speed. Optiforce460 was our first offering in this type of model.

Hope this helps!

Are you looking to sell the RFE instead of trading it back in?

Definitely check out the X2Hot line!

Either one. They'll give me 90% of what I paid, so that's why I was looking there. I'll only lose like $14.

The XHot line was next up to bat I guess.

Bought a used R11s as well, jury is still out on that one.

Dang Harry, bringing the thunder. That's my captain!

lilbilly,

is there a golf retailer around you where you can hit the clubs before you buy? I love my 2 year-old OG Razr Fit...but i'm sure the xhot and optiforce are still available in most retailers...especially this early on in the season.

Either one. They'll give me 90% of what I paid, so that's why I was looking there. I'll only lose like $14.

The XHot line was next up to bat I guess.

Bought a used R11s as well, jury is still out on that one.

I would actually look at the Optiforce 460 or Optiforce 440. Both are outstanding drivers, with the new Optiforce tips, and extremely easy to hit. The 460 might be right up your alley.

Consider where you'd fall into performance segmentation. I offer you this video of two very smart and good looking guys. Well, Luke Williams is anyway: http://www.callawaygolf.com/callawa...d-you-play.html?mcid1=146&cgid=callaway-talks

The Razr Fit Xtreme is a very low cg, low spin driver. As such, it is designed primarily for people who benefit from that. It has some MOI trade offs, meaning, it won't be as forgiving as other drivers we currently have in our line up. It is around 440cc, so it's a more compact head.

Depending on why you didn't hit that well, the Callaway line up is segmented into three categories:
Low Spin Focus: drivers designed to deliver very, very low spin. there are trade offs when you go this low spin. Generally, you'll have to increase your loft, which will give you launch angle. As you add loft, your ball speed will be affected. RazrFit Xtreme was in this category. Ditto Alpha in its Gravity Core down position.
Total Performance: drivers here have a balanced combination of everything. Think of these as your 5-series BMW. They do everything really well and are designed to fit the most golfers and have the broadest appeal. X2HOT, X2HOT Pro and Big Bertha fit into this category.
Speed Enhanced: these are drivers built to a longer, lighter, more aerodynamic spec. 46 inches, D0 swing weights (or even less) and fast heads. These are easiest to hit, easiest to launch, and easiest to swing. This type of driver is best effective for seniors and people who generally do not create a lot of club head speed. Optiforce460 was our first offering in this type of model.

Hope this helps!

Wow, very informative write up, thanks.

Coming from a 907 D1, with a light, large head and loud ping, the RFE was a huge difference and couldn't get a feel for it.

lilbilly,

is there a golf retailer around you where you can hit the clubs before you buy? I love my 2 year-old OG Razr Fit...but i'm sure the xhot and optiforce are still available in most retailers...especially this early on in the season.

Yes, I had hit the RFE at Golfsmith. Just felt different once I got it on the range.

Coming from a 907 D1, with a light, large head and loud ping, the RFE was a huge difference and couldn't get a feel for it.

I remember that 907D1 with that loud impact sound. I had the 907D2 for a spell. You'll find the Optiforce 460 to be "whisper" quiet.

When it comes to Callaway drivers, few are going to know more. After all, he does like to talk about them from time to time.

I remember that 907D1 with that loud impact sound. I had the 907D2 for a spell. You'll find the Optiforce 460 to be "whisper" quiet.

Going to a quieter sound will probably take some getting used to... I became a little fond of the "ping" sound off that driver.

Going to a quieter sound will probably take some getting used to... I became a little fond of the "ping" sound off that driver.

LOL... well, you're going to love it I bet. Especially with the results too. Just sayin'..... And there's NO greater resource than Harry (aka El Hefe). :)

Hope this helps!

Watched the video, thanks for posting that up and responding.

Maybe I'll head back over to GS and try to hit the Xhots and Optiforce to see if one of those will fit me better.

My avg driver swing speed is around 95, and I am usually in the low 90's or high 80's on your average local courses - if that helps your suggestions any.

I'd look at the XHot and Optiforce if you're cost conscious. (I'm usually of that mindset.)

I was a huge fan of the RFE, but a lot of people preferred the XHot Pro a lot. The Optiforce 440 is also a really nice driver.

Good luck!

Optiforce optiforce optiforce! This is the most underrated club on the market. I smoke plenty people that have the bertha and x hots.

Capitalism: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor!

Optiforce optiforce optiforce! This is the most underrated club on the market. I smoke plenty people that have the bertha and x hots.

Capitalism: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor!

Wow, surprised to see the price points on the Optiforce.

It sounds like, based on what your mentioned, that the X2 Hot, X Hot or Optiforce line is where you should be looking. Not knowing anything about your swing, that is where I would point you to, if Bertha is off the table due to costs.

Back