The Official Counterfeit Thread

Doesnt look too legit to me, but, I could be wrong.

I think you should order some Scottys and see Cookie hehe

I quickly pulled up the site on my phone but didn't see the details. Not going to open from work PC.

SpeedBlades for $399 was enticing. :)

This place legit? Just got an email with stupid good prices. Registered through godaddy.com.

http://www.golffactoryonline.com

That domain is registered to 706 Nottingham Cove, Jacksonville, Arkansas
Check out the streetview of that high end professional golf club retailer :)

Admin email address is: David_10259@hotmail.com
Admin phone number is: 575-993-8001
Seems fishy to me, he also runs bestclonecolfclubs.us

That domain is registered to 706 Nottingham Cove, Jacksonville, Arkansas
Check out the streetview of that high end professional golf club retailer :)

Admin email address is: David_10259@hotmail.com
Admin phone number is: 575-993-8001
Seems fishy to me, he also runs bestclonecolfclubs.us
HA! He's just saving up for a new mailbox. #trustyrusty

moved those posts to this thread. Thought it would be good to have that info here.

moved those posts to this thread. Thought it would be good to have that info here.

Thanks buddy, kept searching for the wrong keyword so couldn't find this thread. Not legit or authentic...keyword was counterfeit!

Found this on eBay. Looks skeptical. Asking $399 or best offer with a black tie shaft upgrade. On the shaft you can see the made in china sticker but that could just be from the shaft.
jagyry7e.jpg

The seller looks fairly legit. 159 feedback, 100% positive. Any opinions will be appreciated

Thought i would post this here to maybe help someone out. Bought some Baffler irons from greatgolfsales on Ebay with a great experience. Quick shipping, very nicely packed, good overall experience. I know for some (myself included) buying fro Ebay can make you a little skeptical, so I just wanted to share a positive experience for anyone who might want to purchase from them

My buddy just received fake Golf Pride NDMC grips. We just went to Golfsmith to compare. They are 100% fake. Ebay'ers name is sellnstuff.2013. Not sure if it was an honest mistake but just a heads up.

If you click on the profile of the seller "smith220". The "about the seller" says this.......We are golf clubs online store which based on Hong Kong. We sell golf clubs at most competitive price. We imported golf clubs from Japan and we think they are high quality. We also have stores on Ebay and we get good feedbacks from our customer about our golf clubs. If any question. Please contact...read more

Stay far away.....

If you click on the profile of the seller "smith220". The "about the seller" says this.......We are golf clubs online store which based on Hong Kong. We sell golf clubs at most competitive price. We imported golf clubs from Japan and we think they are high quality. We also have stores on Ebay and we get good feedbacks from our customer about our golf clubs. If any question. Please contact...read more

Stay far away.....

When I saw Hong Kong I told myself NO

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Not positive about that. $79 for SM5s and they are located in Hong Kong

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I would let amazon know then so others aren't ripped off

I buy a ton of clubs on ebay and have never come across a counterfeit yet. But I only buy from the big reputable sellers who post real photos of the actual products. I would not touch a Hong Kong seller who used stock photos with Adam Scott's Cameron belly putter.

If it seems to good to be true...

one of my friends brought a new SDLR driver off eBay took it to the range with us couple of nights ago, he hit 10 or so balls and then heard a dull thud looked at the driver and the face had caved in completely. Spoke to Taylormade and its fake the serial number is 2 digits to long. They have been really good and have done him a deal on a real one. Plus he has contacted eBay about getting his money back.

My buddy just received fake Golf Pride NDMC grips. We just went to Golfsmith to compare. They are 100% fake. Ebay'ers name is sellnstuff.2013. Not sure if it was an honest mistake but just a heads up.

I bought some of those fake grips last year. Email the seller and told him they were fake and he refunded my money plus the shipping cost. I believe he knew they were fake, he didn't want ebay to get involved.

I bought some of those fake grips last year. Email the seller and told him they were fake and he refunded my money plus the shipping cost. I believe he knew they were fake, he didn't want ebay to get involved.

Same guy? My buddy emailed him and he did refund his money as well but told him he had no clue they were fake. He said he was getting him from a friend who was closing down his golf shop. Interesting. Need to get guys like that off eBay

Same guy? My buddy emailed him and he did refund his money as well but told him he had no clue they were fake. He said he was getting him from a friend who was closing down his golf shop. Interesting. Need to get guys like that off eBay

Don't know if it was the same guy for sure but he gave me the same story.

one of my friends brought a new SDLR driver off eBay took it to the range with us couple of nights ago, he hit 10 or so balls and then heard a dull thud looked at the driver and the face had caved in completely. Spoke to Taylormade and its fake the serial number is 2 digits to long. They have been really good and have done him a deal on a real one. Plus he has contacted eBay about getting his money back.

Post the name of the seller if you can, so we'll know who to avoid. A common trick that dealers in counterfeits use is to immediately refund the money of anyone who questions them, in the hopes of avoiding detection in the marketplace. (Like the guy with the fake GP grips). I'm guessing that since you're in the UK, this vendor was probably ASIA based and willing to ship worldwide. That's warning sign no. 1. In fact, while I'm at it. Let me post a few of my rules of thumb for avoiding counterfeits while buying on-line. Just the basic basics, not a primer for spotting fakes, which gets complicated.

1. Never buy anything from vendors in Asia. Meaning China, Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand. Japan sellers are okay for pricey JP market specialty stuff. Australia is okay. This tip alone will eliminate most of your problems.
2. Never buy anything based on stock photos unless a seller is selling NEW from the US and is reputable. Always look for actual photos on Ebay.
3. Never buy anything from new, lesser-known, pop-up .com vendors. With so many big, known vendors like 2balls, golfgalaxy, golfsmith, why risk these unknowns?
4. Never buy anything from a site displaying bad or broken english. That's a tip-off that it's really China based or using shills in California as drop-ship proxies.
5. Be aware that counterfeiters like to knock off high profit easy-to-make single items, not low-profit hard to make items. That means a Cameron putter is MUCH more likely to be faked than a set of Ping irons.
6. When in doubt, consult the manufacturers lists of approved vendors. Call them and ask. They won't tell you who's on the "naughty" list, but they will confirm is someone's on the nice list.

Hope this helps somewhat

Back