Does anyone carry more then 14 clubs when playing socially?

diddums

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm curious to see what people think about this.
I recently bought a 4hy but I didn't take my 4i out so my bag at the moment is:
Driver
3w
3hy
4hy
4-9i
PW
GW
SW
LW
Putter

I only use my 4i for low shots under trees. I'm not sure what to take out though.
I only play socially, don't play any comp.

I usually have 2 putters in the bag at all times and other clubs I want to test out.

When I'm testing clubs there might end up being more than 14 in the bag.

I used to do this lot--for me it led to lack of focus trying too many different clubs. I may take an extra to the range, but at game time its back to 14.

I think I'll have to learn to hit low shots with either my 3hy or 5i and I'll pull my 4i out.
That way I don't upset any future playing partners.

Right now i have 14, but looking to add and swap out my 4 iron and 5 wood depending on course. Also looking to add a different putter. But for tourny's find it out on the range and green. Leave the rest in the trunk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No. But not because I am strictly a rule abiding guy, it is because it would make my bag heavier and harder to hoof it 18!

Normally I don't even have 14 clubs in the bag.........

I would say if I'm testing a new club head-to-head, I'd take more clubs, but I don't usually do that.

I usually stick to the rules. However when im testing something or a set I could have more. Im at 16 right now with the i25s and 2 seemores... but my fiancé wont turn me in.

When I'm testing clubs there might end up being more than 14 in the bag.

I've done this. Carried a couple drives, and hit a couple of tee shots every hole.

Like some, if I am trying out a new club, I will have more than 14, I really could only carry 13 because I don't use my 3 hybrid than much.

I have 16 clubs in my bag right now and I probably won't take the other 2 out anytime soon. Nothing wrong with using a bunch of extra clubs

I never use to do it, but lately I have added a 2nd putter and may put in another wedge and perhaps driver with a regular flex shaft along with the stiff shaft.

I have done this but only when testing new drivers or trying to decide on a shaft. I'll play solo and hit as many tee balls as I can on each hole without slowing down the pace at all.
My dad bags like 19 clubs year round haha...I swear he only uses his driver, 5i, and putter though.

Quite often for testing.

nope, because I will forget show up for a tournament and get penalized, sometimes when going to the range i will, but as soon as i get back to the car it's back to 14

I have 16 in my bag as we speak, that won't change until I find out what really works for me this year. Still, it's social I wouldn't care about the rules unless it really got under someone's skin for some reason.

Last year at a pre invitational round I had 20 clubs in the bag

Last year at a pre invitational round I had 20 clubs in the bag

Yeesh! That's a load. Riding I hope. I'd keel over if I tried to walk with that.

I've played with one extra club trying to see if it filled a need I had. Other than that I don't typically have extras

I will have more than 14 when I'm testing out a new club. I always like to have on course comparisons as sometimes at the driving range you can't really tell how much of a difference there is between two clubs.

I do a few times a year when demoing a club. 98% of the time I'm at 14 clubs though.

Yeesh! That's a load. Riding I hope. I'd keel over if I tried to walk with that.

I've played with one extra club trying to see if it filled a need I had. Other than that I don't typically have extras

Plenty of room for 20 clubs in a staff bag hehe.

Yup. Riding.

Quite often for testing.

Hahaha, indeed. When the S55 and Yonex iron reviews were going on I carried 20 in the bag.

I usually carry more than 14 when the driver or putter are not working. Needless to say, that translates into me carrying more than 14 about 98% of the time.

Back