Folds Of Honor Brings In John Kim

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Forget NFL Free Agency. This is the biggest signing to happen in quite some time. Congrats to a wonderful organization bringing on a man we are fortunate enough to call our friend.

partners-folds-of-honor.jpg

Here is the release info

Folds of Honor has named John Kim its Vice President of Digital Communications, announced Major Dan Rooney, Folds of Honor founder. In this position, Kim will be responsible for all digital content regarding the Folds of Honor mission as well as growing, maintaining and engaging audiences on all Folds of Honor digital platforms.

“We’re proud to have such an experienced, talented and dedicated professional working to unify our digital message and strengthen Folds of Honor’s online presence,” said Rooney. “John will serve an integral role on our team, furthering our mission to better serve our American military heroes and their families.”

Prior to joining the Folds of Honor team, Kim served as the coordinating producer for PGA.com/Turner Sports based in Atlanta, Ga., responsible for the editorial content and strategy of PGA.com, the official website of the PGA of America. In this position, Kim worked with PGA leadership on messaging championships, initiatives and various PGA of America news items to a large consumer audience. Kim also served as the online “voice” for the PGA of America on all social media platforms.

Kim graduated from Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tenn., and worked at CNN/Headline News shortly thereafter until assuming his position at PGA.com/Turner Sports. Through his work with PGA.com, Kim has been a featured presenter at a number of industry events on the best practices of digital/social media and was named CableFAX’s “Best of the Web & Cable: Online Community Facilitator” earlier this year.

“Becoming part of the Folds of Honor mission is the opportunity of a lifetime, not only on a professional level but on a personal level as well,” said Kim. “My family came to the United States to enjoy the freedom and opportunities that only come from being an American citizen. The chance to honor the sacrifice of our nation’s military to preserve those freedoms is as much a privilege as it is a new career.”

Folds of Honor is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization with a mission to empower deserving military families with support and opportunities by providing educational scholarships for children and spouses of military service men and women killed or disabled while serving our great nation. Since its inception, Folds of Honor has awarded nearly 5,500 educational scholarships. For more information, visit FoldsofHonor.org.

Congratulations to John!!

Nice, congrats John!

Forget NFL Free Agency. This is the biggest signing to happen in quite some time. Congrats to a wonderful organization bringing on a man we are fortunate enough to call our friend.

partners-folds-of-honor.jpg

Here is the release info

Folds of Honor has named John Kim its Vice President of Digital Communications, announced Major Dan Rooney, Folds of Honor founder. In this position, Kim will be responsible for all digital content regarding the Folds of Honor mission as well as growing, maintaining and engaging audiences on all Folds of Honor digital platforms.

“We’re proud to have such an experienced, talented and dedicated professional working to unify our digital message and strengthen Folds of Honor’s online presence,” said Rooney. “John will serve an integral role on our team, furthering our mission to better serve our American military heroes and their families.”

Prior to joining the Folds of Honor team, Kim served as the coordinating producer for PGA.com/Turner Sports based in Atlanta, Ga., responsible for the editorial content and strategy of PGA.com, the official website of the PGA of America. In this position, Kim worked with PGA leadership on messaging championships, initiatives and various PGA of America news items to a large consumer audience. Kim also served as the online “voice” for the PGA of America on all social media platforms.

Kim graduated from Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tenn., and worked at CNN/Headline News shortly thereafter until assuming his position at PGA.com/Turner Sports. Through his work with PGA.com, Kim has been a featured presenter at a number of industry events on the best practices of digital/social media and was named CableFAX’s “Best of the Web & Cable: Online Community Facilitator” earlier this year.

“Becoming part of the Folds of Honor mission is the opportunity of a lifetime, not only on a professional level but on a personal level as well,” said Kim. “My family came to the United States to enjoy the freedom and opportunities that only come from being an American citizen. The chance to honor the sacrifice of our nation’s military to preserve those freedoms is as much a privilege as it is a new career.”

Folds of Honor is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization with a mission to empower deserving military families with support and opportunities by providing educational scholarships for children and spouses of military service men and women killed or disabled while serving our great nation. Since its inception, Folds of Honor has awarded nearly 5,500 educational scholarships. For more information, visit FoldsofHonor.org.

Congrats to BOTH Folds of Honor and to John as well, this is a win for both of them IMO and should truly be a great fit. Very cool to see.

John is such an awesome guy. What a great cause and a great selection.

Very cool for both parties. Congrats on the partnership.

Awesome! Great organization gets a great and talented guy. Fantastic for both parties.

This is fantastic for John, excited to see him get the opportunity.

As I was reading the article I thought I would see that this is in addition to his role with PGA/TNT but it appears that he is leaving them which did kinda surprise me.

Awesome news for John. I bet he's very excited about it.

That's a great partnership right there. Congrats to John on joining a great organization and a great organization getting a great guy.

WOW!! Big congrats to John for joining a great origination.

Congrats John and Congrats to Folds of Honor! What a great team they will make lots of great work will be done!

It's a Win / Win I tell you. Great guy and great organization. Congratulations to both of you and continued success.

JM

Sounds like it's a win for everyone, It's been great to follow John on twitter and he's joining an amazing organization like Folds of Honor. Very cool.

I can't say anything better than the previous posts, but want to say congratulations, and as a veteran, thanks for joining up with such a great organization and I'm sure great things are coming.

Congrats John!!

I look forward to meeting John as I'm very involved in the Folds of Honor.......

Very cool opportunity for John. Congrats.

Congrats to John! I already reached out to him to see if there is any help needed in the ATL area. I love this cause and he is a great person for this job

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Hey everyone....I have so much to say, but let's be quick and brief. 1.) THANK YOU 2.) You're all signed up as Wingmen for the group. Will be talking with/leaning on you lots. 3.) I'll remain an active and excited part of the THP community!

Congratulations on the new job!!

Huge congrats to John! Such an awesome opportunity and I know he will do very well.

Back