The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erik Decker just went to the Jets

Lol @ the jets. I would bet they over paid

5yr, 36.25 million with 15 in guarantees. I'd say so. Who is going to throw to him?

5yr, 36.25 million with 15 in guarantees. I'd say so. Who is going to throw to him?

LOL for the 4th best receiver on the Broncos. Overpaying for WR's is just plain stupid.

I seriously can't fathom why anyone, let alone the Jets, would throw that kind of money at Decker. Maybe in New England, Denver of course and possibly Green Bay, could he put up numbers anywhere near what he did last year.

Best bet is the Jets' QB.

Im not jb or 441 but have followed Jimmy closely since playing with him in high school.

The knocks against him are obviously the.competition he has played against. Being a smaller school in Illinois he didn't play many big schools and his numbers reflect that.

Despite all his success he still has around 50ish ints in his college career. Experts say he doesnt throw the ball with a whole lot of touch, and everything is on a rope. He gets flustered at the first sign of pressure. He is also coming from a pass happy spread offense and isn't as clean under center as he is in the gun

However, I think the positives outweigh the negatives. His football IQ is exceptional, has one of the fastest releases I have seen, and can make all the throws.

He is definitely a raw talent, he didn't start playing QB until later in high school. A great athlete and even better kid. Excited to see what happens and hope it works out for him

Sure that wasn't describing Blaine Gabbert?

Pretty much a perfect fit for that offense, will be fun to watch:

Ouch. Sproles added to that offense is nuts. That will keep some d-cords up at night.

I'm not sure where Sproles will fit in besides a backup and return man. When you have a guy like Shady in the backfield that can do everything well, I just don't see Sproles getting much playing time.

Sproles is absolutely perfect for that offense. Chip Kelly will do wonders with him.

Steelers get Yoda!!

Having Sproles and Shady lined up in the same backfield would be dangerous.

Throw in Jackson to run the read option, and hold on to your hat. I'd actually pay money to see that.

Yeah I like the Sproles move a lot. It gives them even more options on offense and can give Shady more rest. Now to start working on their defense....

Such a great pickup by Philly.

Looks like Browns have turned to Edelman since hawkins isnt going to work out

Looks like Browns have turned to Edelman since hawkins isnt going to work out

I still think Watkins at #4 would be my pick. Him and Gordon together would be nuts. Go get Vick & Tate. Get a QB later in the draft.

I still think Watkins at #4 would be my pick. Him and Gordon together would be nuts. Go get Vick & Tate. Get a QB later in the draft.

The later qb hasn't worked for cle thus far...weeden and quinn...yuck

The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Won't be available if Rams stay at #2, IMO. Which I don't think they will. Just sayin...

What draft pick did the Eagles give up for Sproles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back