TaylorMade SLDR Driver - Review Thread

FIFY. Always here to help. :alien:

ugh. I forgot to mention that.

Golf Digest also agrees. According to their publication the SLDR is a perfect driver...:bulgy-eyes:

Feel wise, it's better than any other 2014 offering. As long a you get the center.

FIFY. Always here to help. :alien:

Just as the Covert was prior to this for blugold.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
I stand by my thoughts and have tested it with over 100 golfers. Great driver when hitting well, quite penal when missing even slightly. I prefer to find a driver for me personally that does all things well. Fortunately in this market, there are clubs for everybody and some offer excellent distance without being as penal on misses.

I stand by my thoughts and have tested it with over 100 golfers. Great driver when hitting well, quite penal when missing even slightly. I prefer to find a driver for me personally that does all things well. Fortunately in this market, there are clubs for everybody and some offer excellent distance without being as penal on misses.

I'm the same way, I actually hit it again yesterday (the Pro at my club just got the 12* version) and on the nuts, it was beastly, but misses just destroyed me compared to others.

I've seen some guys just kill it with this one, I'm just not ever going to be one no matter how much I wanted it to work.

I'm the same way, I actually hit it again yesterday (the Pro at my club just got the 12* version) and on the nuts, it was beastly, but misses just destroyed me compared to others.

I've seen some guys just kill it with this one, I'm just not ever going to be one no matter how much I wanted it to work.

This has me curious because I don't miss often with driver (other than aim) but I would kill to be longer. I don't seem to generate the same acceleration I do with other clubs.

I have a feeling a lot of the people that are in love with this have not played it too much on the course as of yet due to weather and things may change. Just my opinion however.

u8useduz.jpg

It's amazing how each of these shafts promote different ball flight and control in the SLDR not being the ULTIMATE GOLFER!!!! Tinkering and testing is fun when you begin to see results.

Tapping Away

I have a feeling a lot of the people that are in love with this have not played it too much on the course as of yet due to weather and things may change. Just my opinion however.

I agree entirely. Range is a different beast, it just is. You give me an open range with no thoughts and I can hit most drivers down range no problemo. But you put me on a course with thoughts and pressures and different looks as far as targets and such, it is a totally different animal.

Just as the Covert was prior to this for blugold.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Ouch....very ouch... I still like the feel and look of my previous driver. I just got fit for something more appropriate.

The only times I hit it outside where at Mission Inn. My driver swings was pretty good that weekend, when I did hit the SLDR down there I was very impressed.

Ouch....very ouch... I still like the feel and look of my previous driver. I just got fit for something more appropriate.

There is no reason to go back and forth. I think its great you found a driver you like. I am just saying if you go back and read the Covert thread from last year, you talk of something similar and then just last month, called it "a turd".

There is no reason to go back and forth. I think its great you found a driver you like. I am just saying if you go back and read the Covert thread from last year, you talk of something similar and then just last month, called it "a turd".

I'm not going to argue, because all of that is true. I like what I have seen so far from the SLDR. Do I not get to change my mind in 13 months?

I have had mine since last fall(sunny Ca played all winter long) i still love it but i don't think it is right for everyone
it is amazing how may of these have show at my local course in the past few weeks

u8useduz.jpg

It's amazing how each of these shafts promote different ball flight and control in the SLDR not being the ULTIMATE GOLFER!!!! Tinkering and testing is fun when you begin to see results.

Tapping Away

I tried several shafts(Fuel, Kail'li, 7m3, Rip A, Speeder 757(new) and the Tour Green) for me a the mid flight gave me the best results

Those of you who have the 14 degree version, what kind shafts do you have / intend to have?

I tried several shafts(Fuel, Kail'li, 7m3, Rip A, Speeder 757(new) and the Tour Green) for me a the mid flight gave me the best results

I was thinking of picking up a Tour Blue to go along with the Arsenal. I was also looking into the Kail'Li but you are saying it didn't react well with the SLDR? I wonder what other pairings fit this driver well.

Tapping Away

I was thinking of picking up a Tour Blue to go along with the Arsenal. I was also looking into the Kail'Li but you are saying it didn't react well with the SLDR? I wonder what other pairings fit this driver well.

Tapping Away

They all work well but for the flight and feel that i wanted the Tour Green worked well

Picture005_zpsa46fbf80.jpg

I was finally able to hit the SLDR at 11* and a 77g stock shaft the other day on the course and it was not for me... I look for a driver that offers some distance when missed which this does not in my opinion. It was nice if hit on the screws but that is only about 6 out 14 drives for me on a typical round. The driver only offered me two options, 270yds or 170yds!

I was finally able to hit the SLDR at 11* and a 77g stock shaft the other day on the course and it was not for me... I look for a driver that offers some distance when missed which this does not in my opinion. It was nice if hit on the screws but that is only about 6 out 14 drives for me on a typical round. The driver only offered me two options, 270yds or 170yds!

This Driver is not for every on fitting is more important with this one than any i have played in the past

This Driver is not for every on fitting is more important with this one than any i have played in the past

I love the looks of it, but it just don't work with my jacked up swing lol

I haven't got to hit mine yet, but I anticipate good results. I hit a few right handed with OK results, so I feel confident with lefty whooping stick.

I haven't got to hit mine yet, but I anticipate good results. I hit a few right handed with OK results, so I feel confident with lefty whooping stick.

If you can have ok results with right handed club as a lefty you should kill the left handed version

Those of you who have the 14 degree version, what kind shafts do you have / intend to have?
I just have the stock regular shaft at the moment and have no plans to change it

TaylorMade SLDR Driver - Review Thread

I have found this driver to perform once fit very well. It's almost as if this was a well thought out piece of equipment on TM's part.

I've had the SLDR for a few months now, swapped the shaft for the axivcore black and I have to say it works so well, it does launch a tad high when set to 10.5 degrees, so I am currently seeing how it works on my normal 9.5

Back